Profile for Danielle > Reviews

Content by Danielle

Danielle (Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent box, works well, only let down by poor documentation., 17 Oct. 2016
I purchased the E-SDS splitter to prevent my non HDCP 2.2 devices from causing my TV to lose HDR / 4K etc., and it works perfectly.

The box has several dip switches to allow it to be configured in several operating modes, most people will want a 1-0-0-0 configuration, though this is not exactly clear in the user guide and the box comes set to 1-1-1-1 mode.

To install, you connect the HDMI 'in' port to your AV receiver and then connect your HDCP 2.2 TV to output 1. The box will then send the HDCP 'mode' to the other ports, preventing the 'This device does not support HDCP 2.2' error.

The only feature that seems to be missing is a way to send HCDP 2.2 'passthrough' signals to the main in and out, and 'downscaled' signals to the other ports.

Overall I'm very happy with this splitter, it only loses one star because of the poor user documentation.

Vello CB-510 Dual Shoe Bracket with Silicon Rubber Grip
Vello CB-510 Dual Shoe Bracket with Silicon Rubber Grip
Offered by iStockOnline Inc
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Far more useful that I expected!, 15 Oct. 2016
I initially purchased this to help me mount a mic to my car mount, but is has quickly become an almost permanent addition to whatever camera I'm using.

In addition to two cold shoes, the bracket also acts as a side grip, and in the case of my car mount, the silicon actually reduces the bracket noise from my lightweight camera (the silicon helps prevent the creaking from the plastic body).

For the price, it's impossible to not recommend this little bracket. It's highly versatile, light and very good value. It's pretty much a 'must buy' for your camera bag.

Hen Party Dare Cards - Girls Night Out - Hen Party Scratch Off Cards
Hen Party Dare Cards - Girls Night Out - Hen Party Scratch Off Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a life saver, and so much fun!, 15 Oct. 2016
This summer I was invited to my first Hen Party and I did not know what to expect.

I found out, a few days before the day, that we all needed to bring a dare... Panic!!!

Then I found these, ordered a pack and rocked up to the Hen Party like a pro.

These cards are so much fun, they went down really well at the party and everyone commented on how good they were. I cannot recommend these highly enough, especially if you're as disorganised as I am and need a quick party fix.

Pizza Stone, Charcoal
Pizza Stone, Charcoal

5.0 out of 5 stars Frozen, fresh or reheated, this is a must for pizza lovers!, 15 Oct. 2016
I purchased the Emile Henry Pizza Stone to help me bake the new range of 'Muscle Food' pizza, as they have a soft base and heating them on my usual oven tray is difficult.

The Pizza Stone makes this a breeze!

I simply spray on a little oil to help the non-stick and throw it in the oven.

I've found that resting the stone on an open oven tray gives the best result, used just above the fan with the grill on low and I get absolutely amazing results, even from an electric oven.

I especially love the way the front edge is not raised, making it very easy to slide the pizza off the stone onto a cutting tray or even straight to a plate.

One thing to note is the size, it's quite big so really needs a full size oven.

Overall, I cannot recommend this pizza stone highly enough. If you love pizza, then this is a must!

Bose SoundSport Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Headphones - Aqua Blue
Bose SoundSport Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Headphones - Aqua Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely useless if you train hard and sweat in the gym..., 21 Sept. 2016
I hate to leave a negative review for a product, especially when it's a company that I have been a customer of for such a long time, but Bose has really dropped the ball with these new earbuds.

I purchased a set in June while visiting Las Vegas, and initially, I *LOVED* them. The fit is terrific, the sound is amazing (for a wireless), fantastic bass, loud, easy to use, everything seemed perfect.

I used them daily for a couple of months; they were brilliant!

Then, little problems started to occur. Randomly powering down, volume changes, poor audio, and crackling from one ear... problems which were all too familiar, the same issues in fact from their older sound-sport range, the same problem as when they would fail due to moisture and perspiration.

If like me, you train hard and perspire, these will fail within a short period.

I have contacted Bose support about the issue, and they informed me that are aware of the problems and that they are not suitable for use during intense workout sessions. They have withdrawn them from the market and are soon to be rep​laced with an updated model.

My unit has been returned to Bose, and I shall update my review when the replacement and upgraded model arrives.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2016 8:59 AM GMT

Maped Letter Opener (Single Pack) 037400
Maped Letter Opener (Single Pack) 037400

5.0 out of 5 stars Opens letters and is comfortable to hold. Perfect!, 26 July 2015
Not much to add to the description, this is a sturdy and comfortable letter opener. It does exactly what it says it does.

Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless In-Ear Headphones Active Collection - Pink/Grey
Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless In-Ear Headphones Active Collection - Pink/Grey
Offered by ONLY BRANDED

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget what you think you know about Beats, these will rock you!, 26 July 2015
I won't lie, I don't much care for the 'Beats' range of products, they are generally of mediocre quality and are over priced. However, I have been regularly reading good reviews about the Powerbeats 2 earphones, and after having a disappointing experience with the latest Bose sports earphones I decided to give these a try.

Initially I hated them.

The sound was poor, they had a terrible fit, and they seemed fiddly.

However, a little playing with the different sized earbud sizes and a slight adjustment of the arm which hooks behind your ear to tighten the fit and 'BOOM', great sound, loud and tight bass.

Not only do they sound pretty good, the bass is powerful and loud. The battery lasts for hours and the recharge time is quick.

They are confortahbe to wear, and no wire means that they are suitable for all kinds of workout.

All in all then, forget your preconceptions about Beats products, these are a great set of earbuds that sound good and are really easy to live with.

Fellowes Office Suites Deluxe Keyboard Manager with Adjustable Height and Mouse Tray

3.0 out of 5 stars The flimsy mouse tray spoils an otherwise excellent product., 17 July 2015
The keyboard tray is ok, quite wide, but might not be deep enough for a very large gaming keyboard and wrist rest. The mouse tray though is very flimsy feeling and flops around quite a lot when in use.

Fitting was simple enough and can be done in 20 mins or so with a drill and screwdriver. The runners are also smooth and glide silently.

I think I'm going to be removing the tray itself, adjusting the spacing of the brackets and replacing the plastic tray with something wooden and more sturdy.

Stanley 1-54-712 Graphite Ball Pein Hammer, 12 oz
Stanley 1-54-712 Graphite Ball Pein Hammer, 12 oz

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 13 July 2015
Perfect for both DIY and to keep handy in case there is a zombie apocalypse.

Bose ® SoundSport In Ear Headphones for Apple iPhone - Green
Bose ® SoundSport In Ear Headphones for Apple iPhone - Green

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, not up to the usual high Bose standard., 11 Jun. 2015
I've been a user and indeed fan of Bose earbuds for a long time, starting with the IE2 and though most of the models ever since.

Acoustically, the new Soundsport buds sound terrific. A little brighter than some earlier models, but still a full range sound with punchy bass and crisp vocals. Not exactly a 'pure' sound, (something that's true for all Bose products), but the familiar easy-to-listen to sound that anyone who has used Bose products before will be familiar with.

They are very comfortable to wear, are brilliant for taking calls on-the-go, and even come with a handy extension lead and neoprene punch which holds your earbuds, keys, lose change etc. They are even reasonably priced... perfect for workout earbuds then?

Well no, sadly not.

For keeping fit I've loved the earlier sport model, the SIE2i, they are bomb-proof and have handled everything I've thrown at them. Sadly, by comparison I'm now on my third pair of Soundsport, all of them having the same issue of failing when any perspiration gets near the in-line control.

Where the SIE2i have been through countless miles of runs, gym time and workouts, the Soundsports have all failed within a few hours of hard-workouts. They are so bad in fact, that I suspect there is a fundamental design issue with the Soundsport.

As such, I cannot recommend these to anyone who likes to train hard and instead suggest you pick up a pair of the older, but still wonderful, SIE2i.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10