Profile for ptha > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Gold Tone Metallic 180 Degree Peep Hole Sight Door Viewer Peephole
Gold Tone Metallic 180 Degree Peep Hole Sight Door Viewer Peephole

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, and straight foward to install, 7 Nov. 2015
The lens is plastic but of reasonable quality for the price. It's made in China, with some chinglish instructions, but it's pretty straight forward to install so that's not a problem.

I marked where I want the peep hole, basically to the eye height of the shortest person in the apartment. I then drilled a pilot hole with a 4mm 3 point wood bit (you could use a smaller bit here). Make sure to drill your hole straight. I then used a 16mm wood bit. Attach the bit carefully, give it a spin before you start drilling, if it's wobbling then take it out and reinsert until it spins true. With the 16mm bit I drilled in about half way on one side, and then finished the hole by switching to the other side (this is where the pilot hole helps) - so you get a clean hole on both sides.

I unscrewed the 2 ends of the peep hole. I put some plumbers tape on the thread of the peep hole near outside lens end. I put the outside lens end into the hole from the outside. I then inserted the inside end and tightened it by hand. There are 2 notches on the inside end that I used a putty knife to do a final tightening with, leaving the hinge of the cover at the top.

Expert Shield - THE Anti Glare Screen Protector for: Amazon Kindle + 3G + Touch + Keyboard + Paperwhite *Lifetime Guarantee*
Offered by Expert Shield

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Customer Service, 10 Nov. 2014
I bought this for my Kindle Paper White. At £9.95 it is a little expensive for a screen protector, especially as you only get one. However they do offer a "lifetime guarantee". When I received mine it was slightly bent at one corner. I decided to go ahead and apply it, which was straight forward. However the edge was peeling back slightly, as a result of it being bent. I emailed Expert Shield customer service, attaching pictures and explaining the issue. They replied promptly, and agreed to send a replacement for free. Within 3 days I had the replacement. Considering the excellent customer service I would have no problem recommending the Expert Shield and their screen protector.

Roughneck 52060 200mm Heavy-Duty Scrub Brush Soft Grip
Roughneck 52060 200mm Heavy-Duty Scrub Brush Soft Grip

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 27 Oct. 2014
This seems like it can take (and give) some punishment. I've used it to clean some outdoor wall render had been discoloured by rainwater and also to clean up a outdoor table before I varnished it, and it worked well for both jobs. It has a threaded hole for screwing in a pole, which I can see being useful for walls/ceilings/paving stones etc.

Skytronic In-line 6A Switch - White
Skytronic In-line 6A Switch - White
Offered by Strictly Lamps

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked well if a little bulky. All the wires ..., 27 Oct. 2014
Worked well if a little bulky. All the wires were connected via screw connections. It has connections for earth wires, but the lamp cable I was adding the switch to didn't have one. I was using it for a bedside light, I've since switched it to a foot-switch type for convenience.

Foot Switch White
Foot Switch White

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent but has push connections for live wires, 27 Oct. 2014
Got it for £3.80 and It's worth that. It works well so far, although I might prefer the button itself a little bigger (for a foot switch). There were no instructions to speak of besides a diagram on the back of the container. The negative wires were connected by 2 screw terminals, however the 2 live wires were simply pressed into both sides of the switch, we'll see how well this lasts.

Case-Mate Barely There Case for Samsung Galaxy S2 (not compatible with Orange NFC handset) - Black
Offered by Modern-Tech

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 5 Nov. 2013
I like this as it doesn't add to much weight to the phone and is unobtrusive. I've had this nearly a year and a half. I've dropped the phone 3 or 4 times and the phone has survived without issues, the case has cracked a little of the top corners but it took the brunt of the abuse. Obviously the screen is exposed, I have a transparent screen protector on that and I've had no issues, any sort of flip cover (which covers the screen) is going to add weight/slow down access, so I'm happy with it.

Silverline 266831 Comfort Dust Masks - Pack of 50
Silverline 266831 Comfort Dust Masks - Pack of 50

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but not terribly cheerful, 5 Nov. 2013
They are very cheap, unfortunately I have a beard which may stop them from getting a good seal against my face. When sanding a ceiling and wearing one of these I had quite a bit of dust on my moustache, so dust was getting in the gap. They're ok for "lightly" dusty jobs, for seriously dusty jobs, you'll need to spend more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2017 11:45 AM GMT

Silverline 634002 Hand Sander - 230 x 105 mm
Silverline 634002 Hand Sander - 230 x 105 mm

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 5 Nov. 2013
I needed this for sanding a ceiling and it works well. I bought a roll of sand paper and cut it to size to fit under the clasps (which are secured by two wingnuts). It's comfortable to use and I found the sanding to be quite good exercise.

Saga Volume 1 (Saga (Comic Series))
Saga Volume 1 (Saga (Comic Series))
by Brian K Vaughan

5.0 out of 5 stars Roll on Volume 2, 5 Nov. 2013
I found this series after reading "Y: the last man" by Brian Vaughan which is excellent. Saga has a completely different setting, and artwork, but is just as compelling. What the same is the excellent storytelling with a sense of humour. It's not for kids with adult themes and is pretty graphic. As mentioned by another reviewer you can try out the first episode for free at [...]

Bosch 1609200291 Paint mixer for drills
Bosch 1609200291 Paint mixer for drills

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes the elbow grease out of mixing paint, 28 Mar. 2013
This will do in 2 minutes, what it takes 20 minutes by hand to do. Works easily with my B & D drill, make sure your paint is in a tall bucket, you probably don't want to mix it in a container that's mostly full. Fire it up, you probably don't want to go full speed, and you're done.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3