Profile for Tim > Reviews

Content by Tim

Tim (Jersey, Channel Islands)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Phantom of the Opera
The Phantom of the Opera

5.0 out of 5 stars Fortunately the damage on this was less serious, 22 April 2016
I originally bought this cd back in 1987. I was recently playing it and I discovered that one of the discs ( the second one) had become damaged and it was "jumping" quite a lot. I think the trouble was that in those days they use used to put square shaped spongy dividers as protection Over the years, the sponge fabric rotted and little bits stuck to the top of the cd. I tried removoing the pieces of sponge using a damp cloth, but in so doing I must have accidentally damaged the playing surface. I found the some typo of packaging was used in another double cd of Rachmaninoff's piano concertos. Fortunately the damage on this was less serious. I still think placing spongy inlays was a ridiculous idea and it seems to have discontinued. I am delighted with the new Phantom of the Opera presentation double cd. The music is truly amazing and it is a great bonus to have the complete libretto included this time.

I

Nikon D5500 For Dummies
Nikon D5500 For Dummies
by Julie Adair King

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book It explains the basics, 2 Mar. 2016
Excellent book It explains the basics .

The Inside Guide to Windows 10 for Seniors
The Inside Guide to Windows 10 for Seniors
by P. A. Stuart

3.0 out of 5 stars I was perfectly happy with Windows 7 and if anything I found Windows ..., 23 Dec. 2015
I have used the book as a point of reference for things such as the lock screen. I did not want to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but was forced to do so on the advise of my servicing technician. I had been having problems whereby the Windows updates were not being accepted and this caused delays each time I logged off. Since I have been using Windows 10 this problem has gone away. Otherwise, I was perfectly happy with Windows 7 and if anything I found Windows 7 easier to use. My requirements are quite simple - just internet and e mail access. As for the book, I have found one or two tips such s right clicking on the lock screen to personalize to be of use. However, I found some sections of the book quite tricky to understand. I may be a senior user, but if I am totally honest I have never embraced the computer culture with open arms - rather I regard it as a necessary evil, many aspects ow which will always remain a mystery to me. I think the feeling that the computer is sometimes in control of me bothers me. Having said all that, I am glad that I have bought the book, as I can always refer to it for help when needed.

Nikon EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
Nikon EN-EL14 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
Offered by United Photo

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Nov. 2015
Perfect for my camera - the Nikon D 5500.

STV 516 6Watt UV Lamp for Gotcha Insect Killer
STV 516 6Watt UV Lamp for Gotcha Insect Killer

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Nov. 2015
Does the job well of catching flies in the summer.

Scrooge (2-Disc Collector's Edition) [DVD]
Scrooge (2-Disc Collector's Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Alastair Sim
Offered by Revival Books Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars I still enjoy this classic film especially the colour version, 23 Nov. 2015
First saw this classic film when I was about 8 or 9 in the late fifties. I still enjoy this classic film especially the colour version.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2015 7:12 PM GMT

Amazon Kindle Keyboard Lighted Leather Case (3rd Generation - 2010 release), Black

2.0 out of 5 stars ... this for m wife thinking she would ind it useful especially when going away, 23 Nov. 2015
Bought this for m wife thinking she would ind it useful especially when going away. Unfortunately she did not get on with it as she still prefers ordinary books.

Beethoven - Piano Concertos Nos. 4 & 5
Beethoven - Piano Concertos Nos. 4 & 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Claudio Arrau was a great pianist and these recordings of the Beethoven piano concertos ..., 23 Nov. 2015
Claudio Arrau was a great pianist and these recordings of the Beethoven piano concertos numbers 4 and 5 are pefect.

Digital Additions® Power Gumstick Rechargeable Battery For Sony MP3 And MD Music Players (Fits: ...
Offered by Digital Additions Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Do not use this rechargeable battery as I had to ..., 23 Nov. 2015
Do not use this rechargeable battery as I had to replace my CD player 2 years ago and the new one takes AA batteries.

Cath Kidston Christmas Organiser
Cath Kidston Christmas Organiser
by Cath Kidston
Edition: Stationery

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 23 Nov. 2015
this book was nicely laid out, but it would have been better if it had been somewhat larger.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3