Profile for Robbie > Reviews

Memory Professional Artists Oil Pastel Set, 36 Colours, Retail Packed
Memory Professional Artists Oil Pastel Set, 36 Colours, Retail Packed
Offered by STARLIGHT LIGHTING

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy - not oil pastels, 16 Sept. 2014
These are mislabeled and should be classed as false advertising. I attempted to work with a set of these given to me by a friend, and they are NOT oil pastels, they are crayons. They're suitable for kids, not for "Professionals" in any way. Avoid them completely if you're looking for oil pastels, and even as crayons they are far too expensive.

6 x Woven Classic Cotton Blend Loose Boxer Shorts with Elastic Waist Band Underwear Size:Large
Offered by Charkat

4.0 out of 5 stars Affordable and fit as expected, 7 Jun. 2014
Thin material but good quality for the price.
I prefer baggy and spacious boxers and these do the job nicely.

PowerGen 12000mAh External Battery Pack Power Bank Backup Charger Triple USB Output for Apple iPhone 5S 5 5c 4S, iPod Touch, iPad Air, Mini (Apple lightning adapters Not included) / Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4, 3, 2 / HTC One M8 / Google Nexus 4, 5, 7; Nokia ; Motorola Moto G 2nd Gen; LG G3; Sony Xperia Z3, Z2 [Designed for Apple and Android Devices]

1.0 out of 5 stars A Confusing Mess, 7 Jun. 2014
I bought this in preparation for a five day festival next week, hoping that it would provide a back-up for my friends and I should we need it.
It's a good design, nice size and weight, and well packaged.

I plugged this in hoping to test it out before the trip, and started to read through the instructions.
Although it's quite common these days to get instructions in some form of bizarre English translation that makes absolutely no sense, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was in good English. However, the instructions really aren't that enlightening even though they are readable.

I'm no technophobe, but these instructions are really quite limited in their scope, while being quite complex for the more basic tech user.

It states "charging is complete when all four status lights are lit (not blinking)" but then explains that "when the Power Pack is charging another device, the status lights will be less accurate, indicating a lower than accurate power level".

After 48 hours of continuous charging I have not seen all four lights lit. It has been the same since I plugged it in, two lit and the third flashing. I have tried plugging it into a USB, and tried using a mains charger too, nothing changes this status light indicator.

However, after charging it for two days solid I decided I must check that it will charge my iPhone, so when that run down today I plugged it in. Suddenly, all four status lights are lit while it's charging my phone! But, according to the instructions, this is showing a less than accurate power level. So, is it more than fully charged?

I have no idea what this means. Are the instructions wrong? Is this a faulty item? Is the thing fully charged or not? Will it provide me and my friends with the power we need for the weekend (probably one full charge each) on three phones?

I have no idea, because this makes as much sense to me as algebraic planetary calculations in Latin.

If it works for the trip I'll be happy, but it still deserves one star for being a confusing mess of nonsense.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 7, 2014 8:43 PM BST

Blood of Innocents: The True Story of Multiple Murder in West Memphis, Arkansas
Blood of Innocents: The True Story of Multiple Murder in West Memphis, Arkansas
by Guy Reel
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars Religiously biased lunacy, 29 Jan. 2014
Having followed this story for nearly ten years, researching the evidence, reading through transcripts, viewing the statements of all involved and the attitudes and "evidence" presented, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that this book is nothing short of propaganda.

The case was controversial enough, but the added religious lunacy of small-town bigots and a corrupt police force and legal system was further compounded by similar attitudes in "journalists" lacking any integrity in their sensationalist reporting.

The title of "True Story" couldn't be much more disingenuous. This is not the true story at all, it's a repeat of all the sensationalistic witch-hunt nonsense the journalists participated in during the trial, propagated by the fundamentalist Christian idiocy of the Judge, Lawyers, police force and local population.

The real story, the one not presented in this book, is about three young men falsely accused of the despicable murder of three innocent children, the corruption of the local police, the failings to gather evidence, the self-interest of the lunatic judge, the failures to pursue genuine leads because they were so brainwashed by the notion of "satanism", the framing based on false confessions, the press-led propaganda (in which I believe the authors participated at the time) and much, much more.

Do not buy this book if you want the truth, buy this book if you're willing to believe that because a young man listens to Metallica he must be a "Satan worshiper" and therefore guilty of murder.

Slimline USB External Dual Layer DVD+-RW in black drive Reads and writes both CD & DVD media. Slim and portable drive for laptops, Netbooks and desktop PCs. Works with Windows and Linux. Works with Samsung NC10 Asus EEE PC , Macbook Air , Acer Aspire One and any other netbooks / laptops.
Offered by Qubz

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but sometimes bery noisy!, 11 May 2013
This is a great little player for occasional use, but I bought it to be out of the way and discreet on my desk and there is little chance of that with the noise this thing occasionally makes. It seems to depend on the DVD or CD you put in it, which might say more about the makers of the discs than the makers of this player.
One good thing about this is that it has worked perfectly for me in a vertical position too! I was looking for a small enough player to fit behind my monitor, and this one definitely does.