Profile for stephen john lewis > Reviews

Content by stephen john lewis

stephen john lewis

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Misswonder USB 2.0 A Female to Micro B Male Converter OTG Adapter Cable Black
Misswonder USB 2.0 A Female to Micro B Male Converter OTG Adapter Cable Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for my Phablet., 19 Oct. 2014
Just what I needed for my phablet, ASUS Fonepad 7. I can transfer files from flash-drives or watch films on them. Seems good quality, no problems with it. Wouldn't leave home without it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the price, 19 Oct. 2014
Great value for the quality. Much cheaper than other brands. Not had it long but all the stitching looks robust enough, no loose threads. Bought the largest size as I'm an xl in most clothing. Not too tight for me. I've bought another one, so I'm pleased with the purchase.

Sony EX50LP EX Series earbud headphones: MDR-EX50LPS (MDR-EX50LPS)
Sony EX50LP EX Series earbud headphones: MDR-EX50LPS (MDR-EX50LPS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best headphones for the price., 17 Aug. 2014
Best headphones for the price. Great sound, cable coiler to shorten overall length of the main cable, plus a cord slider for the headphone cables making it easy to use a single earphone. Best headset for using with a smartphone or a handsfree bluetooth device in my opinion. I use it with my Nokia BH121 bluetooth. It does not have a mic, its a headset only by the way. They seem to be hard to come by now and they have a better sound than some of my more expensive headphones. My other set I've had for quite a while, they are still perfect and I use them all of the time. I may well buy another set in case they disappear and are replaced by a different version. Easy 5 stars.

Adam Resurrected [DVD]
Adam Resurrected [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jeff Goldblum
Offered by FREETIME

5.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished symphony, 31 July 2014
This review is from: Adam Resurrected [DVD] (DVD)
Unfinished symphony. At last, a portrayal of the effects of long-term trauma. It is completely realistic in that respect, a human de-evolving to a canine (animal) state in an all out desperate attempt to prolong it's (his/her) existence. People with no experience (suffering or treating) of the effects of long-term trauma could find this film preposterous or too weird.

Spoiler!

For me, the film progresses in quite a linear way, the flash-backs filling in the blanks as to how poor Adam HAD to fully embrace his canine persona to survive and finally to be able to cope with the ultimate betrayal (in his eyes) of his wife and daughter. When Adam connects with his perceived betrayal, part of him dies, his canine saviour. I can understand his primary carer introducing the dog-child (if I may call him that with the greatest of respect) in an attempt to save them both. To help the child Adam allows him to fully accept his canine persona, so opening the door to the child's humanity, while in parallel the roots of Adam's canine saviour is revealed. There is more to the film, which I won't go into, as it would take too long.

With only 2 hours to work with, the film is an abridged version only. The story needs more work to be complete, especially on a deeper understanding of the main protagonists. For any survivor of long-term trauma, I would think that this film could shed some light within their own inner darkness. In my opinion this is an important piece of work of a much misunderstood subject, that being the effects of severe, long-term trauma.

I applaud the insight of the people involved in the production of this unfinished symphony. An easy 5 stars.

mondpalast @Premium Screen Protector Tempered Glass scratchproof and ULTRA STRENGTH INDEX 9H Hardness High transparency for nokia lumia 630
Offered by electronic-PRO

4.0 out of 5 stars Instructions bad, product gud, 26 July 2014
Instructions are printed white on a light green background in the worst chinglish I've ever read. I actually found them quite amusing, Borat would be proud. I had to use my strongest glasses with a magnifier. Got the gist of how to fit the glass from the pictures. There is a sealed wipe to clean your phones glass, plus a cloth to clean it as well. I managed to fit it perfectly first time with no air pockets. Good product, minus one star for Borat's ludicrous instructions.

HP F-200 Car Cam and Camcorder 2-Inch Screen Full 1080p HD Outstanding Video Performance

2.0 out of 5 stars Iffy so far., 6 July 2014
I had to return a Chinese carcam recently due to a failure of the bracket (cheap and nasty), the camera was ok for the price though. I thought I'd spend a little extra and get a recognised brand, ergo HP. I was amazed that the Chinese, chinglish manual was actually better than the HP one. I duly went to the HP support site and found their manual there, was somewhat better.

I took the camera out for a spin, setting it to 1080p with audio. On my return I tried to download a group of files to my modern, up to date, top of the line PC. 20% of the files were corrupted in some way and couldn't be read. I did note Mr Guybrush Threepwood's review and hoped that his camera was a one off dud. Yes Mr Threepwood, I did pay attention and respect your experience. I wasn't too keen on the MOV format either and would have preferred AVI. When I attempted to play a file on Windows Media Player, the film was grainy and without sound. I then converted one to MP4, using the Windows Movie Maker and again it was grainy and without sound. I downloaded the Quicktime player and the the files played with sound and were quite a good resolution.

So....... I'll keep it a little longer and do more testing before I send it back. I don't want to fork out yet more for another more expensive branded model. If there are any more corrupted files, then it will be packed off back to Amazon. Thank goodness for Amazon's returns system, it certainly takes the pressure off buying on-line.

World of Data 20m Flat Network Cable GREY - Premium Grade Lead - 30AWG - Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSOH) - Moulded - RJ45 - Ethernet - LAN - Patch - Ideal for under floor & carpet
Offered by World of Data Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 4 July 2014
I'm not getting a prompt to write twenty words. I've had a love/hate relationship with that word counter for some time and feel quite bereft now that its gone......... Where are you, all is forgiven. My nemesis, you gave my life meaning.

The cable....... Just the job!

Prime Hide Leather Shoulder Holster Wallet # 1411
Prime Hide Leather Shoulder Holster Wallet # 1411

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 4 July 2014
Excellent Product and worth every penny. Total quality leather throughout. It arrived much earlier than expected. The leather is quite thick and should last for years. The pockets are a decent size and securely hold, my wallet, dictaphone, phone-battery-bank and keys. I've got broad shoulders and found the elastic strap slightly tight, the company kindly sent me a bigger one for free! D2D is an excellent seller. They have informed me that a larger version will soon be available in their Wombat line, for all you larger guys. I'll definitely purchase another for all my other odds and ends.

iGadgitz Black Genuine Leather Case Cover for Olympus VN-713PC, VN-732PC & VN-8600PC Digital Voice Recorders
Offered by iGadgitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 4 July 2014
Excellent high quality case. I'm using it for an Olympus WS-831, which is the same size as the VN-713PC. The case holds the device nice and tight and provides good protection should it be dropped. The dictaphone is actually quite expensive and unfortunately made of plastic (I mistakenly thought it was metal), so this is an essential investment. Recommended purchase.

Durable Earbud Earphones Headphones with In-Line Microphone for Handsfree Calling by GOgroove - Works with Apple iPhone 7 , SE / Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge / Motorola Moto G4 / Google Pixel phone / Tablets , Laptops & More- Slate Black
Offered by Accessory Genie

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't work with my Lumia 620, 4 July 2014
Wouldn't work with my Lumia 620. The mic button wouldn't work for incoming calls at all, but it would initiate the voice recognition, not on the headset's mic, but via the phones. Lumias can be a bit finicky with audio devices, so I tried to get it recognised in all the tried and tested ways, but still wouldn't work. It intermittently set the volume to zero, then it amazingly crashed my phone, resetting the date to a month back. I had to do a reset to get it back to normal. I won't connect it to my phone again, in case it crashes and I lose some data. I'll have to go back to a bluetooth and all their battery-life problems. I can't win!

On a plus point, Accessory Genie contacted me to see if they could help me resolve the issue. So it might be a good company to deal with.

So, I've edited my 1 star to a 2, due to the company.

The headset may well be a good buy, but not in my opinion, for a Lumia 620.

By the way, I always switch my Lumia off, then back on again, if I've had a headset plugged in and have taken it out. It seems to reset the system, so it will be able to recognise any new audio device plugged in. I've never had any real problems since. So you don't need to send your Lumia away for repairs, or have the socket changed. I believe that it is a software/firmware issue. I'm an electronics engineer, so I know how buggy systems can be. Like I said, I no longer have all the issues surrounding audio devices plugged into the socket.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2014 6:58 PM BST