Profile for Pegasus > Reviews

I See You
I See You
by Clare Mackintosh

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 23 May 2017
This review is from: I See You (Paperback)
A great read I just hope that it does not give anyone any ideas.

Their Finest Hour and a Half: Now a major film starring Gemma Arterton and Bill Nighy
by Lissa Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine but not "finest.", 23 May 2017
This book took too long to get started. I found the first part hard to follow and a little boring - you no sooner got to know one character then another was introduced - none of the characters seem to have depth and it was difficult at first to feel any sympathy for them. The main character in the book seems to be Ambrose and although he is not the most sympathetic character he is certainly the most amusing. The second part of the book is much better and the descriptions of Ambrose with the dog Cerberus are priceless. There is action and character in the second part of the book the characters are far more sympathetic and the situations are both funny and tragic. At the beginning I did not feel I was going to like the book but in the end I did I just wish it had been quicker to get going, the first part needs tightening and re-organising.

Blind Faith
Blind Faith
by Ben Elton

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me but worrying all the same, 21 April 2017
This review is from: Blind Faith (Hardcover)
A disturbing book with many elements already in existence in society today. I thought it was extreme in its outlook and I did not find the writing particularly good, with sensationalism used to keep the reader on side. Nevertheless despite not liking it there were as stated before elements that are already prevalent in our society and it did make me think and worry. I did not like the parody of religion I thought this was unfair as it was notable that one faith had been left out of this satire. Is the author only willing to parody those who will not hit back - is this a display of cowardice on his part. I also got the feeling that he did not like women very much as his society seemed to enjoy victimising them and displaying for public view their very private and intimate moments. I know this was to some extent true in the society he created but women seemed to be particularly hard hit. This however is only my opinion. I did not personally like the book or the style and content of writing. Others have made the same points and done it better.

VELCRO Brand HANGables Removable Wall Fasteners Corners 44mm x 76mm x 8 sets White
Offered by Exclusive Deals Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Feb. 2017
Very very useful and practical

Fire TV Stick | Streaming Media Player (Previous generation)
Fire TV Stick | Streaming Media Player (Previous generation)

3.0 out of 5 stars Fire Stick, 29 Jan. 2016
Still getting used to it. Seems a good option but it is very dependent on the speed of your wi fi and sometimes you have to be patient about getting the connection. At the moment it just seems to me to be unstable and I don't think I would want to be totally reliant on it. I will give it time - it certainly offers a lot of options but I'll not get rid of my DVD yet.

The Daughter Of Time
The Daughter Of Time
by Josephine Tey

5.0 out of 5 stars The Daughter of Time, 29 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Daughter Of Time (Paperback)
It is a novel of its time. Takes a couple of chapters to get to the real meat of the book. After that I was hooked. She gives a lot of information and according to what I have read about JT she researched well. Unfortunately she does not name her sources for some key pieces of information which was a disappointment. Having said that at a time when it was not fashionable to do so she had the courage to take a different look at this much maligned king. There is still a freshness about the novel and a good basis if you want to read more about this period and about this king. It is a matter of individual taste but I loved the book when I read it as a teenager and now having re-read it as a much older person I found new insights and enjoyed it just as much.

I Let You Go
I Let You Go
by Clare Mackintosh

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Oct. 2015
This review is from: I Let You Go (Paperback)
Great read, with twists and turns right up to the end. Could not put it down.

Lamentation (The Shardlake series)
Lamentation (The Shardlake series)
by C. J. Sansom

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it as I have all the Shardlake series and ..., 6 Sept. 2015
Loved it as I have all the Shardlake series and cannot wait for the next one. This series of books are ones that you read and re read. One can empathise with the troubled hero while at the same time being transported into his world. My only criticism is that I read them too quickly because once started cannot put them down.

Encounter in Rendlesham Forest
Encounter in Rendlesham Forest
by Nick Pope

5.0 out of 5 stars ... reveal any more than I already knew it was good to have the detail, 6 Sept. 2015
Very interesting and thought provoking although it did not reveal any more than I already knew it was good to have the detail. A bit technical for me in places but I read it through and have dipped into it since. Left me with the certainty that there is more going on than we are allowed to know about.

Winter in Madrid
Winter in Madrid
by C. J. Sansom

4.0 out of 5 stars Sansom writes a good story. There was plenty in this book to ..., 6 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Winter in Madrid (Paperback)
C.J. Sansom writes a good story. There was plenty in this book to promote discussion as none of the different parties came off well. I was glad I read it as it challenged some of my own opinions and made me think more about issues

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4