Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Skeadugenga > Reviews

Content by Skeadugenga
Top Reviewer Ranking: 978

Skeadugenga (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Breville VTT548 Vista 2 Slice Polished Stainless Steel Toaster, Silver
Breville VTT548 Vista 2 Slice Polished Stainless Steel Toaster, Silver

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a coolwall toaster, 14 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When I opened the box I was agreeably surprised by the quality of this toaster. The lever and browning control buttons were good solid plastic, the design of the toaster nicely curved at the top and the stainless steel makes it a very smart looking addition to the kitchen.

However once I used it, I was disappointed to find that the internal holder of the left hand slot refused to relinquish the toast and had to be pried open. And whatever the description says, its not a coolwall toaster, all the metal bits including the sides got extremely hot very quickly. As this is a determining factor for any toaster in my kitchen, it will not be staying.

The plug cable is about 64cm long. The temporary cover for the plug is black - it looks like an all black plug, so be careful to remove before plugging in for the first time.

Florence Grace
Florence Grace
by Tracy Rees

3.0 out of 5 stars More time in Cornwall, less time in London would have made this a better book, 14 May 2016
This review is from: Florence Grace (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Books are a very subjective taste and it may be that this just wasn't mine. I like a good romance, but I like something more to happen in it than did in this one.

Orphaned Florrie who has grown up on the Cornish moors is transplanted to London. The first 100 pages describes the beauty and hardships of CornwalI. It would be reasonable to expect that moving to London would make life more interesting, if not more pleasant, but Florrie might as well have gone for a kitchen maid for the variety of scenery in the next hundred pages. We know every bit of her education, but when eventually we do get a dinner party, it is followed by "let me skip over the coming firsts - my first ball, my first dress fitting, my first morning calls". At that point I could have hit her since its exactly those details that could have leavened the boredom of the middle section of the book. Things look up a bit from then on, but by then I was heartily sick of Florrie's "inner turmoil" which seems to be her default mode.

Anyway, I kept reading to the end and the last 40 pages were rather lovely but not long enough, so it wasn't that bad but not satisfying enough to make me go and read "Amy Snow",

Philips Satinelle BRE630/00 Advanced Wet and Dry Epilator
Philips Satinelle BRE630/00 Advanced Wet and Dry Epilator

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant to hold and use, 14 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a step forward from previous epilators I have used. It arrives in a neat pink box which unfolds to display the epilator in a cardboard cradle. Underneath this is the charger, 5 attachments, a utilitarian bag to keep everything in and a guarantee and instructions.

The instructions are horrible - a big fold out sheet of what feels like recycled paper. They are for all BRE models, one of which has many more attachments. If you are buying this as a gift, you might want to go for the 650.

However, the epilator itself is lovely to hold. Its been designed to be slightly longer than usual and feels very comfortable in the hand. There is a release button on the back that allows you to change heads between the epilator head and the razor head. Both heads are a lilac metallic colour as pictured. The epilator head has a light so that you can pick out stray hairs more easily. The razor head has a trimmer. The usual massage bar and shields for sensitive area and face complete the set.

It comes precharged, but a thorough charging is recommended. This can take up to 15 hours and a full battery gives you 40 minutes operating time. The charging attachment is 3 pin, so fits a normal plug socket and the cable is about 1m long.

Overall a lovely epilator for legs, face and any other below the neck areas you want to have a go at.

St Moriz Gradual Self Tanning Lotion 275 ml
St Moriz Gradual Self Tanning Lotion 275 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it but proceed with caution, 10 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Unfortunate teenage experiences of stripy orange legs meant that I've steered clear of self tanning for most of my adult life. However the need to matt my glaringly white calves and take advantage of our brief summer resulted in hope triumphing over experience (again) and I was ready to give it another try.

Before applying, there are the usual instructions to exfoliate and moisturise. There are 2 other St Moritz products recommended for the purpose, but not supplied, so you may want to put some planning into this and obtain them, or an equivalent, before you start. I used an exfoliating scrunchy and the moisturiser I had to hand and an epilator to ensure my legs were smooth.

The lotion comes in the usual squeezy tube, its rounded at the top end so that you have to store it cap downwards. The contents are a liquid just thick enough not to run off your hand. The instructions advise applying it in little circles to make sure that you get even coverage. Colour development takes 4 hours and there is a colour guide to show you the results of 1 application (tan), 2 applications (brown) or 3 applications (dark brown)

As it says that its a gradual self tan, I thought the colour guide must be exaggerated, but its not. 1 application gave me legs the colour of stockings and I was rather pleased with it. My legs glowed the sort of warm brown that it usually takes me a month of sun to achieve. I had missed areas - fortunately the inside of 1 leg, which wasn't that noticeable and the area across the toes which just looked as though I'd been wearing shoes. A couple of darker stray spots responded well to pumice. I would describe it more as "instant" than "gradual" though and while it was fine for legs, I don't think I'd use it on my face.

Crazy Water, Pickled Lemons: Enchanting dishes from the Middle East, Mediterranean and North Africa
by Diana Henry

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as other Diana Henry books, 4 May 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I love Diana Henry's recipe books, her recipes are clear and (usually) come out pretty much as intended. However I didn't really take to this book, mainly because so many recipes depend on ingredients just not easily obtainable outside of London. A basic staple - tomatoes - have a relatively short season and are virtually tasteless outside this, which lets down simple cooking where they are a main ingredient. Figs, although available in supermarkets are rarely of the ripeness and sweetness obtainable abroad and I've never seen quinces and barberries in our local shops.

So, I enjoyed reading this book and the pictures are great, but I'm not enthused by it. I may pick out a few recipes but it won't have a place on the kitchen shelf.

Petal Shaped Reusable Silicone Nipple Cover (1 pair) Nude Colour
Petal Shaped Reusable Silicone Nipple Cover (1 pair) Nude Colour
Offered by sowellwire

1.0 out of 5 stars Allow up to a month for delivery, 3 May 2016
Good product if you want a smooth line under linen t-shirts, but reordered on 13th April and its now the 3rd of May with an expected delivery date of 15th May.

Bionaire bfh003 Fan Heater 2200 W
Bionaire bfh003 Fan Heater 2200 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Its simple to use and I love it, 25 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good looking little fan with smart black and silver colouring. It's sturdy and I had no concerns about it
tipping over. Although other reviews say it's noisy, I didn't find it so.

3 settings - fan only (for hot days) and 2 levels of heat. It efficiently warms an average medium sized room and
has thermostatic control to maintain the room temperature and to provide a frost guard. There is a safety feature
that will automatically shut the heater off if it overheats.

The front grille does get hot if you use it, but that's to be expected.

Philip's Navigator Britain
Philip's Navigator Britain

3.0 out of 5 stars Not entirely sure that awkwardness of use is repaid by the detail, 22 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A big road atlas, I'd definitely recommend getting the spiral bound version as this makes it much easier to handle.

Looking up my own area I was slightly disappointed that it crossed a page and that a lot of roads were omitted. I know you can't expect everything to be on there, but the level of detail did make me wonder if I'd have been able to navigate the area, it didn't appear to give much more than a smaller atlas. This atlas uses Ordinance Survey maps with a scale of 1Ĺ miles to 1 inch and I'd trust it as much as the Collins one I already use - for the major roads. I think a satnav is still needed if you are determined not to take the "point the car in the right direction and muddle through" method.

AmazonBasics Packing Cubes - Large (4-Piece Set), Blue
AmazonBasics Packing Cubes - Large (4-Piece Set), Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for storage/travel, 15 April 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Really useful packing cubes and something you don't know you need until you get them, I've used these for travelling
and its a great way of separating out items for easy retrieval. The cubes are well made and have a mesh front so that
you can see what is inside. Easy carry handles make it easy to grab presorted items out of the suitcase and take to
wherever (eg. bathroom toiletries to the bathroom, nightwear to the bedroom).

I would also use these for storage to keep items separate.

Cinderella [DVD]
Cinderella [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lily James

2.0 out of 5 stars Eck, 26 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Cinderella [DVD] (DVD)
Saccharine and brings nothing new to the story. The gymnastics at the ball were excruciating and the "secret garden" was a wall with a swing in front of it. A very unsatisfying version

2 stars for the cgi.