Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Filipe Teixeira > Reviews

Content by Filipe Teixeira

Filipe Teixeira

Page: 1 | 2
Case In Your Face® Motorola Moto G Premium PU Leather Pull Flip Tab Case Cover Pouch - Various Colours (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the trick., 1 July 2014
Well as I said it does what it's meant to do. Nothing special about it, but it's price makes it more than worth it.
I also found it to provide enough protection against shocks or some accidental drops.
My final thoughts are that it's a nice product and not expensive at all.

MOTOROLA Moto G XT 1032 8 GB Black (Charger sold seperately)
MOTOROLA Moto G XT 1032 8 GB Black (Charger sold seperately)
Offered by cheapphonesonline

3.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 1 July 2014
Well for an android phone (I'm an apple user), and as my first smartphone, I must say that I'm quite happy.
Using wireless and GPS some hours a day the battery lasts for 3 days without charging.

The screen is quite good and the call quality is impressive compared with other smartphones I saw before.
The only thing I have against it is the fact that it doesn't have a micro SD card or something similar.

Aside of that I'm quite happy with it.

UPDATE: I've been using this cellphone for about 2 years already and I'm not sure if I would ever buy it again. One year after buying it, everything got slower than I would ever thought it would get. I didn't install a lot of apps, but in general simple things were just impossible. I ended up using this phone for calls, texts, and some facebooking. Once in a while I would use it's GPS, but even that wasn't always working as it should.
I already had to repair it meanwhile as one of the buttons stopped working, and I guess that for this price I would invest on a better phone that could last a bit longer.

Sea to Summit Premium Silk Sleeping Bag Liner - Standard
Sea to Summit Premium Silk Sleeping Bag Liner - Standard

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 years and still perfect, 1 July 2014
It's an awesome product. I've traveled with it during my round the world trip and it was perfect.
Small, still enough to warm me up, and extremely easy to wash and dry.

I recommend it to everybody who's traveling often, and who needs something to either add an extra layer to their sleeping bag, or to protect themselves from dirty bed linens.

i-Blason Apple iPad Air / iPad 5 Smart Cover Compatible Back Cover SoftGel TPU back case (Front Smart Cover Not Included, Back cover Only) (iPad Air (5th Generation), Frost Clear)
Offered by I-Blason EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price., 4 April 2014
Well I can't say much about it. It does the trick for the price but it adds some extra weight. I will only use it while traveling as at home I prefer the lightness of the iPad air.

Belkin Pleated Sleeve for iPad  - Black
Belkin Pleated Sleeve for iPad - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap product for a not that cheap price, 4 April 2014
Well I know that this is only costs around 10 pounds, but for the quality I honestly was quite disappointed.
I have seen better sleeves a bit more expensive, or even cheaper, but as I know Belkin I have decided to take it as granted.

The sleeve arrived slightly dirty (probably it was also returned by someone), and the seams at the bottom were as if they were going to start falling apart.
I'm not sure if all sleeves from Belkin are like this, but after checking them at a store where I live, I didn't see the same sort of behavior.

The padding feels also quite cheap and not enough for what it is. I would rather have a better padding, and some sort of foam like the Be.ez sleeves use.

I wouldn't recommend it mainly when you have better choices out there.

Leatherman Style Multi-Tool CS - Black / Steel
Leatherman Style Multi-Tool CS - Black / Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 6 Dec. 2013
Got it for my dad, and well he loved it. It's a brilliant tool, small, easy to use, and a bit more versatile than a normal Swiss pocket knife.
I think because it's compact, it makes it perfect for every day life.

Be.ez 100958 LA robe Allure for MacBook Air 11" - Black
Be.ez 100958 LA robe Allure for MacBook Air 11" - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and more than effective., 6 Dec. 2013
I got this for my macbook air 11'' and I must say that so far I'm quite happy with it.
It's light and compact, and it still protects the macbook air from falls, or other "accidents". I already dropped it once, and even though I thought that the macbook air, would have suffered some damage, that didn't happen at all.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars The good, the bad, the ugly, 29 April 2012
There isn't that much I can say about this trimmer, but that for the price you can't get better for sure.
Still I found 2 problems with this trimmer.

1- After a couple of charges, the charge can't hold as long as before, and I must say it's annoying that it takes one entire night to charge. There isn't also any kind of warning saying that the device is fully charged.

2- The large comb makes it hard to have a perfectly trimmed beard, as it doesn't comb all the hairs as it should.

Still I must say I'm pretty satisfied with this product, and I recommend it to everyone. It's simple, sturdy, and it makes its job quite well.

Wastelands: Stories of the Apocalypse
Wastelands: Stories of the Apocalypse
by Gene Wolfe

4.0 out of 5 stars Still confused, 29 April 2012
I'm not sure exactly how to review this item, as I'm still a little bit lost between my expectations and what this book actually could offer me.
The selected stories are brilliant, and the quality of the writers displayed here is just amazing. Still I found quite hard to keep some interest on this book, when the stories are definitively to short to have some pleasure while reading them. There's always the feeling of something missing, that shouldn't come with such amazing writing quality.
In the end, this books stands between a good book, with brilliant stories, and something where we could never get truly satisfied as we should.
It's a pity that such an amazing idea got lost in such short stories.

Sea to Summit Event Compression Dry Sack ADCSS Small
Sea to Summit Event Compression Dry Sack ADCSS Small
Offered by Adventure and Outdoor Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant solution for packing, 29 April 2012
I traveled around the world for 6 months, always relying on this compression bag to store my clothes. I must say it's more than brilliant. Thanks to this, I managed to compress all my clothes inside my 45L backpack, along with a winter jacket, computer, and other things.
I also used it a couple of times to protect my electronic gear, when crossing rivers, or with heavy rain.
Simple, practical, resistant and light.
In the end I must say that it's more than worth for the money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2014 7:06 PM GMT