Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Handmade Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop now
Profile for Peter S > Reviews

Content by Peter S

Peter S (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
CSL - 15m - CAT.6 Ethernet Gigabit Lan network cable (RJ45) | 10/100/1000Mbit/s | Patch cable | UTP | compatible with CAT.5 / CAT.5e / CAT.7 | Switch/Router/Modem/Patch panel / Access Point / patch fields | white
Offered by CSL-Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you expect and doesn't disappoint., 25 Nov. 2015
Worked like a charm, extremely fast data transfer speeds. Good quality feel to it. Recommended.

BURBERRY Weekend for Men Eau de Toilette 100 ml
BURBERRY Weekend for Men Eau de Toilette 100 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this stuff!, 25 Nov. 2015
I like to wear this when I'm feeling fancy or elegant because it's strong but subtle at the same time. I don't know why but I think it's a classy scent. Opinions may differ on that but anyone who smells it is bound to love it. Well done Burberry.

Play Pour Homme 100ml Edt Spray By Givenchy 100ml
Play Pour Homme 100ml Edt Spray By Givenchy 100ml
Offered by Joli Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend! Smells sexy., 25 Nov. 2015
Amazing scent! It's refreshing but once it settles on your skin or clothes it becomes a bit more subtle but still smells refreshing with hints of sweetness to it.

[FREE HD Film-Better Grip] Ringke SLIM® Galaxy S5 Case **NEW RELEASE**[DOT-BLACK] FREE Premium HD Clear Screen Protector Included Modern Glam Dotted Pattern Design with Full Top and Bottom Coverage for an All Around Protection SUPER SLIM + SF COATED + PERFECT FIT Premium Hard Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S5 / Galaxy SV / Galaxy S V (2014) [ECO Package]
Offered by Ringke Official UK Store

Fudge Matte Head Firm Hold Texture Paste With An Extra Matte Finish 75g / 2.5 fl.oz.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, love the matte effect!, 25 Nov. 2015
I love this stuff!

I like to apply a pea and a half size amount to the palm of my hand, rub it vigorously through my fingers and palms, then apply to my hand in stages. First I apply to the back of my hair, then I apply more product and do the same to the middle and front of my hair but each time, I tweak the previous section of hair before starting on the next. This probably sounds confusing. Anyway, I find applying this in stages/layers provides great hold but also a wonderful matte look. The product doesn't leave your hair looking greasy or shiny. It doesn't smell like fudge, so don't be fooled by the name. My only minor torment with this product is the bottle. it works like those upright toothpaste tubes where you press down the button and the paste come up out of a hole in the top. I find that excess product quickly dries up and solidifies round the hole where the product comes from. Also, once the product is nearly depleted, it becomes harder and harder to squeeze out any more of the paste so it seems to me that some of the product has to go to waste because there's no way of successfully getting to it. Other than that, I think this product is great and I'm still giving it five starts despite the minor setbacks because the bottle itself isn't much of a problem. It's the paste inside that matters, after all.

Natrol Biotin 10,000mcg, Maximum Strength, 100 Tablets [Kitchen]
Natrol Biotin 10,000mcg, Maximum Strength, 100 Tablets [Kitchen]
Offered by FamilyCare

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, but may work for others (it's science, after all), 24 Sept. 2015
To be perfectly honestly, I've given this product a 3 star rating because I don't want to be mean and give it a negative rating just because it didn't work for me. At the same time, I didn't want to give it a 5 star rating because for me it didn't work and I'd feel silly giving 5 stars! So I've tried to be fair because other reviewers have said that it works for them, which is great!

I took one tablet a day for 3 weeks and didn't notice any difference in hair or nail growth or quality. What I did notice, however, was that it made me break out in spots on my forehead! I've never been a spotty person but within a few days of taking this, pimples kept appearing on my forehead and a couple on my neck. The spots came and went, but they came more often than they went! This seems to be a common complaint with Biotin. The advice given by others is to drink plenty of fluids but I drink lots and lots of water anyway, and that didn't seem to stop the spots. I wouldn't say they were acne spots but they were unpleasant nonetheless.

What I will say is that the spots cleared up after I stopped taking this. So my advice to you is to weigh up the pros and cons based on what is more important to you. If you're desperate to find a product that could work and improve the growth rate of your hair and nails, and you aren't too bothered about the risk of breaking out in spots, then definitely give this a go. What harm could it do really, in the long term? But if you value a spot-free face or you suffer with spots enough as it is, then I'd probably advise you to give this product a miss as you may become stressed if you develop spots, and doctors do say that stress can have an adverse affect on hair, which would be a vicious circle. So really all I can say is that you need to base your decision on what you value more (spotless face or potentially thick and strong hair)

Hope this helps somebody who might be in two minds as to whether they should take a gamble on this or not.

iPhone 6 Plus Screen Protector, Anker® Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector (5.5 inch) for Apple iPhone 6 Plus 9H Hardness and Easy Bubble-Free Installation [Lifetime Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price, easy to apply, but attracts fingerprints!!, 24 Sept. 2015
This is a good screen protector!

It's very easy to apply, with little to no bubbling! (if you know what you're doing - instructions are ok but not perfect so I'd recommend watching a YouTube tutorial before applying to phone)

It's quite good at resisting scratches and feels very natural to use, almost like using the iPhone naked. However, it does attract finger prints quite badly, which can be a problem if, like me, you get nervous and your hands are clammy a lot of the time. However, if you're one of those people blessed with bone dry hands, then I'm sure you wouldn't be able to fault this screen protector.

It gets a thumbs up from me, and I've tried many protectors in the past, of which many have been disappointments.

EZREAL Rock S5 16000mAh Dual USB Ultra Slim Portable External Battery Pack Charger Power Bank for iPhone 6/6 plus/5s/5/4s/4 Samsung Galaxy S 5/4/3/2 Note 4/3/2/1 Google Nexus 5/4/3/S Glass Android Windows Smart Phone Tablets PC Bluetooth Speaker Headset MP3 MP4 Players(Father's Day Gift)
Offered by EzReal.U

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, powerful charger albeit slightly heavy!, 24 Sept. 2015
This is the first portable charger I've owned and it gets a thumbs up from me. From one full charge, I've squeezed three full iPhone 6 Plus charges out of this device and it still had one blue flashing light remaining! I've used it on my iPad once, and that seemed to drain it a bit more but that's to be expected.

Overall, I'd recommend this charger but be warned: it is heavy! And it takes a long time to charge (ideally charge it over night) but apart from those minor cons, it's definitely worth the money!

iPhone 6 Plus Case, SUPCASE [Heavy Duty] Belt Clip Holster Apple iPhone 6 Plus Case 5.5 inch [Unicorn Beetle PRO Series] Full-body Rugged Hybrid Protective Cover with Built-in Screen Protector (Pink/Gray), Dual Layer + Impact Resistant Bumper [Not Fit iPhone 6 4.7 inch]
Offered by I-Blason EU

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, strong case but silly screen protector, 24 Sept. 2015
I'm always careful when ordering a phone case but I must admit, I took a bit of a gamble with this one. It's one of those complete coverage cases and that means it comes with a plastic film/ that covers the iPhone screen, which is nothing but a nuisance! The plastic is flimsy and it attracts fingerprints like moths to a flame. Also, I notice that condensation seems to build up underneath the film. However, this case isn't all bad! It's very easy to just remove the plastic film (with minor force) and just use the case without it and perhaps install your own screen protector (I'd recommend a tempered glass one, they're brilliant) and the case will do a good job of protecting your phone from bumps, scratches and dents.

Pros:
-durable
-good quality (with the exception of the plastic film)
-cool design
-provides a firm grip, which everyone knows is important, because the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus can be slippery little buggers.
-easy to put on and take off, and there's no chance of the case coming apart by itself.

Cons:
-makes phone quite heavy and is very bulky
-cheap and flimsy plastic film (I'd recommend removing it!)

Overall, I'm giving this a 3/5 because the bulk that it adds to the phone and the awful screen cover disappointed me. However, it isn't a bad case and I'd probably recommend it. I do think the are better cases available though and I'd advise you to shop around.

British Sign Language For Dummies
British Sign Language For Dummies
by City Lit

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic resource!, 24 Sept. 2015
I've long been a fan of the For Dummies books and that has not changed since receiving this book. It's clear, concise and very easy to follow, even for complete beginners! I had some knowledge of BSL before making a start on the book but I can see that a complete beginner would be able to follow the book with ease and the accompanying DVD is invaluable for seeing how the signs should be made. Of course, there are illustrations in the book to give the reader some idea of how to sign certain words but I think it's much more helpful to use the DVD alongside the illustrations in the book.

The book is very neat and well laid out, which means readers aren't likely to get bogged down with endless paragraphs about grammar and sentence structure!

So, if you're a complete newbie or even if you are already a BSL user and want to brush up, then look no further because this book is fantastic. :-)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5