Profile for kenneth e. allen. > Reviews

Content by kenneth e. allen.

kenneth e. allen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Yellowstone [DVD] [2009]
Yellowstone [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Peter Firth

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent documentary and well-shot, 28 May 2015
This review is from: Yellowstone [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
An excellent documentary and well-shot. No problem with delivery. I remember watching it during the eighties and taping it on the early Beta recorders, so I've seen it more than once - or twice!

Flying Monsters [DVD]
Flying Monsters [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 28 May 2015
This review is from: Flying Monsters [DVD] (DVD)
Another good and interesting David Attenborough documentary which arrived on time and in excellent condition.

Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee (HBO) [DVD]
Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee (HBO) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Aidan Quinn
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad that the film stuck to all the salient features ..., 28 May 2015
Having read the book some time ago, I'm glad that the film stuck to all the salient features and romance was kept in the background. The film was well-made and is certainly worth watching more than once. How the Indians were let down was shameful,

David Attenborough - Attenborough in Paradise and Other Personal Voyages [DVD] [1996]
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent programme: David Attenborough's commentaries are very good and ..., 28 May 2015
This is an excellent programme: David Attenborough's commentaries are very good and interesting. Excellently photographed . Received on time. Attenborough is so patient and doesn't miss a thing.

BBC Wildlife Specials: Leopard [DVD]
BBC Wildlife Specials: Leopard [DVD]
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars it arrived well on time and in excellent condition. my only complaint is that most of ..., 28 May 2015
it arrived well on time and in excellent condition. my only complaint is that most of it is shot in the dark, this is no-one's fault because if you want to film the leopard's favourite hunting period, it has to be at night. the commentary by David Attenborough is good.

The Boer War: 1899-1902 [DVD]
The Boer War: 1899-1902 [DVD]
Offered by The Canny Store

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a good documentary and it came as per date in excellent ..., 28 May 2015
This is a good documentary and it came as per date in excellent condition. Well put together and very interesting and I would recommend it.

Dynamo'S Concrete Playground [Dvd] [2006]
Dynamo'S Concrete Playground [Dvd] [2006]
Dvd ~ Dynamo

3.0 out of 5 stars I think Dynamo is almost fantastic but this DVD does him no favours at all, 28 May 2015
I think Dynamo is almost fantastic but this DVD does him no favours at all. the music is raucus, the photography is all over the place, and the 'magic' moments are few.There is too much concentration on other people and happenings. I was very disappointed.

Jacques Cousteau - The Silent World [DVD]
Jacques Cousteau - The Silent World [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jacques Cousteau

5.0 out of 5 stars A great documentary, received well on time and in excellent ..., 28 May 2015
A great documentary, received well on time and in excellent condition. I have always enjoyed the Cousteau films and this was no different.

Life is a Circus [DVD]
Life is a Circus [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bud Flanagan

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad I bought this film because I hadn't seen it ..., 28 May 2015
This review is from: Life is a Circus [DVD] (DVD)
I'm glad I bought this film because I hadn't seen it before. it took me back to my early days and these wonderful comics: they were in a class of their own and they were clean. They were from an era long gone unfortunately.

The Glenn Miller Story [DVD]
The Glenn Miller Story [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars ... Glenn Miller fan and no-one could have played him better than James Stewart, 28 May 2015
This review is from: The Glenn Miller Story [DVD] (DVD)
I was always a Glenn Miller fan and no-one could have played him better than James Stewart. the sequence where there is a build-up to the dance-hall where we hear "Moonlight Serenade" for the first time and G,M, is writing the arrangement at the piano is a wonderful sequence and it really meant something.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7