Profile for Quique > Reviews

Quique

Traditional Chess with Wooden Board & Pieces
Traditional Chess with Wooden Board & Pieces

1.0 out of 5 stars piece missing, 13 May 2012
I had been warned by reviews from various other customers who had the same experience, was stubborn and had hoped that I might be lucky, but no. Unfortunately in my case also, there is a piece missing: while the box contains three white bishops, there is a white knight (horse) missing. Since I cannot send back the one bishop to swap it for a knight, but have to send back the entire (quite heavy) box, and given the fact that I live in Spain and sending it back is both a hassle and expensive, I decided to keep it, printed a paper knight and stuck it on the spare bishop, while looking for a cheap game elsewhere that may have similar (or better, see below) pieces ... It was a mistake to buy this game, as I knew that many customers - as said - had had the same experience. Shame, as the board is otherwise of good quality, although the pieces are very light and wobbly, fall over easily and no good for games with children.

HP Deskjet 3050A e-All-in-One Printer (Print, Scan, Copy, AirPrint, Wireless, e-Print)

2.0 out of 5 stars not impressed with HP Deskjet 3050A, 9 Jan. 2012
Persuaded by some glowing reviews on this site (grrrr!), I went for the HP3050A. However, I'm not impressed:

1. warnings I read elsewhere that there's something wrong with the margins, especially the bottom margin (or right margin if in landscape format) turned out to be correct: minimum margins are as follows: MT 0.15 MB 1.46 (!) ML 0.31 MR 0.32. Turns out that I cannot print a document in horizontal (landscape) because it cuts off more than one cm on the right, and (in portrait mode) page numbers that work on other printers are cut off at the bottom on the HP3050A. I printed these documents without problem on an old Epson printer, which I fortunately kept for spares. Downloading the latest drivers from the HP website did not make any difference (needless to say, contacting the HP helpline wasn't either, considering other people's experiences; I didn't even get through and the 'HP Diagnostic Tool' on the HP site was "not yet available for this printer").

The margin problem (I presume) must be a software issue (?) that could and should be solved by HP considering the complaints are there for everyone to see on their own HP Support Forum pages.

Before you buy, have a look at the following links and you'll find that many people have the same problem - and have not been able to solve them:

[...]

[...]

2. Even with the latest drivers, the print menu gives very limited options.

Since I live in Spain and the printer was quite cheap, sending it back is probably more hassle than it's worth. As said - I have kept the old Epson on standby, so will muddle on with this thing, but would not buy it again.