Profile for Knight > Reviews

Knight "Maverick2008" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Musical Tour Of Scotland
Musical Tour Of Scotland

1.0 out of 5 stars WATCH OUT for very poor quality copies of this CD, 16 Aug. 2008
The one I received was a blatant and very poor copy from ****kiosk claiming to be *approved* by Universal Music! I could find no such approval. It's supposed to be an audio CD but it's not a recognised standard and has html files with pictures of ALbum covers......

I smell a big rat and sent it back.

Brahms - Hungarian Dances
Brahms - Hungarian Dances

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 29 July 2008
I purchased this based on my experience of Brahms performed on Gypsy Campfire by 101 Strings Orchestra and I found it flat and dull. The 101 strings version is far more lively and has greater feeling. The reviews here also swayed my decision and once again I was disapointed. Obviously classical music is defined by the performer more than anything, as indeed with any other music I guess. If possible try before you buy.

That said it's still a pleasant album.

Skinhead Girl
Skinhead Girl

1.0 out of 5 stars RUBBISH - sounds like a copy by the James Last Orchestra!!!, 26 July 2008
This review is from: Skinhead Girl (Audio CD)
This is NOT the original Specials we have known and loved. It sounds like a James Last cover band it's atrocious. They have desecrated all the classics and there is no mention of it being a rip off!!! It's going back that's for sure.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 14, 2012 5:01 PM BST

Microsoft AutoRoute 2007 (PC)
Microsoft AutoRoute 2007 (PC)

2.0 out of 5 stars Fine for very basic mapping but that's about all, 23 July 2008
I have version 2005 and the London To Heysham bug is in that as well. It's ridiculous. Autoroute was great in the late 90s when there was only basic GPS and you coulod hook it up to your laptop......now it's a bit of a pointless excercise with the sub £100 GPS units available. The BIGGEST reason NOT to buy is the fact Microsoft sought to buy out all the small guys and then do NOTHING with it, no updates or anything. That kind of neglect will ensure I'll never buy Autoroute again in any form even if it were neccesary!

Back To Black [Deluxe Edition]
Back To Black [Deluxe Edition]

5.0 out of 5 stars The bonus CD is brilliant, 18 July 2008
Never really knew much about Amy until I saw her on Glastonbury 2008 and boy I was hooked. She's not just some spaced out horrid junkie kid. She is a crazy, mixed up kid who lacks guidance and is flat out on the road to perdition and someone should stand up and help the poor kid. Get rid of the losers & goldiggers in her life.

This album has real soul. The voice is one in a billion and her rendition of some old classics on CD2 is priceless. Grab it while you can and long may she reign. She hit me like Elvis, Billie Halliday, Nina Simone she is a real mix of pure class and thank god we can bottle her voice and sell it these days.

PS: I'm middle aged now and I know all the original versions as well so that's saying something. Grab this one you wont regret it.

Back To Black
Back To Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Glastonbury 2008, 28 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Back To Black (Audio CD)
Just seen Amy perform live at Glastonbury and boy is there something special about this woman. Huuuggggeeeee magnestism and charisma with a touch of the Marilyn Monroe tragedy about her, but what a voice. I'm hooked ;-)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2008 3:56 PM BST

Wild China [DVD]
Wild China [DVD]
Dvd ~ Wild China

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous look at the real China, 26 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Wild China [DVD] (DVD)
As usual the BBC have excelled in this work. A very well deserved 10/10. Almost 6 hours of stunning education for less than £15. Now I must go and see China for myself.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2013 2:56 PM GMT

An Inconvenient Truth [DVD] [2006]
An Inconvenient Truth [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Al Gore
Offered by 247dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Priceless kick up the backside we all need., 26 Jun. 2008
Well done Al Gore for showing us what we all need to hear. Each and everyone of us can change the world for good or bad, the choice is ours and we should feel compelled to make our stand.

An inconvenient truth is what it's all about and it's time we all stopped hiding from ourselves.

This film is so powerful and a warning we should all heed. Not just for ourselves, but for our children, our families and our planet.

We all have a duty to spread the word and do what we can to help save our home. I shall be buying 100 copies of "An inconvenient truth" and giving them away to friends, family and colleagues.

Lets change the world before it's too late.

Winston Churchill once said
"The era of procrastination, of half-measures, of soothing and baffling expedients, of delays, is coming to a close. In its place we are entering a period of consequences."

In relation to another world crisis, but the words still ring true in our current crisis.

We need to stop supporting fair weather politicians without vision & balls to see in to our own future and act upon it.

Ignorance is no excuse in law, neither in life.

Al Gore has opened my eyes to the fact we have been duped for a very long time.

This isnt about politics or conspiracy theories and the world doesnt owe us anything. This is about us and our negative impact, and do we really need to be destroying ourselves like this? I dont and I am going to change what I can in all areas of my own life.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 21, 2009 8:55 AM BST

Infantry Attacks
Infantry Attacks
by Erwin Rommel

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Jun. 2008
This review is from: Infantry Attacks (Paperback)
A brilliant insight in to the mind of a young Erwin Rommel. He cut his teeth on the front line.

This combined with *Rommel Papers* is a priceless combination and a great historic purchase.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little unit, 20 May 2008
Works well right out of the box. Be sure to visit the Garmin update site to update the unit.

Postcode search works great with or without a house number. Doesnt have a speed or compass display when on a route. Sometimes the turn command is a little premature. Pleasant voice commands. Lovely screen.

Simple no frills unit. It has no extra facilities whatsoever but sometimes simple is great. It gives the appearance it works anywhere even inside building but it's pretty much a bluff with lots of second guessing. Outside it works as well as any other GPS unit and has the Garmin name. Give it a go.

Puts my Streetpilot 2610 to shame for ease of use anyway..

Page: 1 | 2