Profile for Phillip Terence Morgan > Reviews

Content by Phillip Terenc...

Phillip Terence Morgan

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Some Sex and a Hill: or How to Learn Welsh in 3 Easy Pints
Some Sex and a Hill: or How to Learn Welsh in 3 Easy Pints

5.0 out of 5 stars Amusing, at times very amusing ,reminded me of the time I was learning to speak our beautiful Welsh language., 23 Sept. 2017
Sorry ,misread opening question. Will repeat some of it . Very amusing in part , reminded me of my own learning of our language.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2017 2:31 PM BST

The Mind's Eye
The Mind's Eye

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly good, certainly not one of his best., 18 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Mind's Eye (Kindle Edition)
As an enthusiastic fan of Chris Nuttall ,I was slightly disappointed by this latest offering. I feel it relevant to point out that the name Patell is Gujarati and by implication probably a Hindu therefore extremely unlikely to have Islamic forenames.

A Joust of Knights (Book #16 in the Sorcerer's Ring)
A Joust of Knights (Book #16 in the Sorcerer's Ring)

3.0 out of 5 stars Only three stars this time., 17 Oct. 2014
I am sorry but I am finding this interminable saga becoming more and more tiresome. How much longer is Morgan Rice going to subject her characters to ever increasing horrors and dangers? I have decided if the next volume is not the final one it will be for me. Has she never heard, Enough already.

The Heydrich Sanction
The Heydrich Sanction

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read., 2 Oct. 2014
I read this book in a little more than two sittings. Avery believable story , we may well give thanks that the events depicted were not able to take place by the capitulation of the country in 1940'. Had Moseley taken over there would have been many thousands eager to flock to his banner. The story was blessed with likeable characters and actual real life persons. All in all a terrific, plausible story.

World War III: Not How you Imagined
World War III: Not How you Imagined

3.0 out of 5 stars Incorrectly titled., 19 Sept. 2014
Hardly World War III, a more accurate title should have been Korean War II. Not too bad a scenario, some depth in characterisation but other characters with little or no depth. A so so ending which desperately needed a more fulsome epilogue. Once again downloading marred by an annoying amount of typos.and punctuation errors . It's about time better proof reading was employed.

A Dream of Mortals (Book #15 in the Sorcerer's Ring)
A Dream of Mortals (Book #15 in the Sorcerer's Ring)

3.0 out of 5 stars How much longer will this interminable saga last?, 13 Aug. 2014
This epic saga is fast approaching the realms of the ridiculous. I fear I have reached the end I shall not bother to download further volumes I no longer have the will to carry on to the end,I shall probably meet my own end before the Author decides to put us and her so called heroic characters out of our collective misery.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2016 9:00 AM GMT

Into the Black [Remastered Edition] (Odyssey One Book 1)
Into the Black [Remastered Edition] (Odyssey One Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, well told., 22 July 2014
When I received my Kindle from my wife 18 months ago I was sceptical . It has however proven to be something of a boon. I have never been a fan of paperbacks ,but downloading onto Kindle the book binding matters not. I have returned to a genre I have not read for quite some time. Whilst I doubt any books in this genre will win Pullitzer or Booker prizes they may well win Hugo or Nebula awards. I am about to start reading volume two. Incidentally has anyone thought of making Hugo and Nebula winners available on Kindle?

An Oath of Brothers (Book #14 in the Sorcerer's Ring)
An Oath of Brothers (Book #14 in the Sorcerer's Ring)

1.0 out of 5 stars For goodness sake end this increasingly boring long winded tale, 19 July 2014
Oh please Morgan Rice end this increasingly boring tale who cares any longer what happens to the so called heroes .I no longer give a cuss ,in fact I have come to hope Volusia destroys them all .Now in my seventies I will probably meet my own end before this second rate author finalises this interminable saga.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2016 8:58 AM GMT

Storming Heaven
Storming Heaven

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracking yarn., 7 July 2014
This review is from: Storming Heaven (Kindle Edition)
So the fat lady and the horse sang at the end. In my early teens I discovered the joy of reading sci_fiction, I have read all the great U.S. authors and have with a few exceptions always thought them to be unequalled. Now sixty years on comes along an author who is every bit their equal. The author left a semi open ending mayhap he is considering a further volume?

The Slightest Hope of Victory (Outside Context Problem Book 3)
The Slightest Hope of Victory (Outside Context Problem Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Well the horse began learning to sing after all., 4 July 2014
Now that this slightly flawed but otherwise quite excellent trilogy has ended would the Author consider a final volume set some twenty to thirty years after the events depicted. I am sure many readers would like to learn how humanity progressed with rebuilding and coexisting alongside aliens, as well as expanding into space.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4