Profile for LizzieG > Reviews

Content by LizzieG

LizzieG

Best Kept Secret (The Clifton Chronicles series Book 3)
Best Kept Secret (The Clifton Chronicles series Book 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Aug. 2013
Having read the previous two books in the Clifton Chronicles series, I was looking forward to reading this book. What a let down it was. It seemed to have been written in a rush, as though the author was on a deadline and didn't have time to put in his usual thorough research. The characters had no depth to them and the ending was so clichéd - I think it was supposed to be a cliff-hanger but it was just annoying to be left like that. Presumably it is because he is hoping to bring yet another book in the series, even though I understood the series to be a trilogy. All I can say is that having been an avid reader of Jeffery Archer's books for years, I shall certainly be wary of reading his next offering in case it is of the same poor standard.

The Clippie Girls
The Clippie Girls

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, 29 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Clippie Girls (Kindle Edition)
A thoroughly enjoyable book set in Sheffield during World War II. The characters are extremely likeable and the story just flows along. Definitely recommend to readers of this genre of book.

Bombsites and Lollipops - My 1950s East End Childhood: My 1950s East End Childhood

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment!, 6 Aug. 2013
I was looking forward to reading this as I enjoy reading about the era covered by the book but there were not enough details of what was actually happening in London in the 1950s & early 1960s. It was a long boring read written by an author who went from being a spoiled brat of a child to being an ungrateful, self-centred teenager with no respite for her parents in between. I have no doubt that the author found it very cathartic to write the book as it maybe helped her to appreciate how annoying she was whilst growing up. I certainly would not recommend this to others as there are so many better written books on similar subjects available.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 30, 2013 12:38 AM BST