Profile for Mrs. Dana Mallon > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Dana Mallon

Mrs. Dana Mallon "sauerkrautb" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Blumfeldt Hiddensee Wicker Beach Chair XL 2-Seater Sunbed (Removable Footrests with Upholstery 5-Stage Lowerable Hood Including 2 Cuddly Cushions and 2 Neck Cushions) Blue/White Stripped
Offered by Electronic-Star-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in love, 23 Jun. 2017
Assembly challenging but one put together a once in a lifetime joy. I absolutely love it and could spent hours doing nothing just sitting inside. It's beautiful to look at too! Higgly recommended!
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Road to Little Dribbling: More Notes from a Small Island (Bryson)
The Road to Little Dribbling: More Notes from a Small Island (Bryson)

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent as always, 10 Aug. 2016
Makes me want to walk around the island and giggling to myself every now and then in recognition. I do wonder what he makes of the latest referendum though. Thank you for a most enjoyable read!

Kings & Queens Of The Underground
Kings & Queens Of The Underground

5.0 out of 5 stars ... Billy Idol since the early Nineties but was a great fan in my teenage years, 3 Nov. 2014
I have not listened to Billy Idol since the early Nineties but was a great fan in my teenage years. This should say a lot: I bought both the book and the latest album. The book is a real surprise as the writing skill is very evident. I'm still reading it so cannot review this just yet. Now this album: I have it in my head after just a few listens. I love all songs apart from the title song - which is just a little bit too cheesy for me and not underground at all. This is a strong album and I can see myself listening to it again and again. Personal favourites are One Breath Away, Eyes Wide Shut and Hollywood Promises. His voice sounds as strong as ever! Highly recommend if you did like Billy Idol in the 80ies.

Humans of New York
Humans of New York
by Brandon Stanton

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book by an amazing person, 21 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Humans of New York (Hardcover)
Amazing book by an amazing person. We are surrounded by terrible news about terrible people doing terrible things. This man does in a wonderful way what keeps us all sane and convinced that humanity offers good stuff too, that we are all unique and all worth listening to. I hope Brandon Stanton will carry on for a long long time!

Doctor Who Dalek Factory
Doctor Who Dalek Factory

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing beyond belief, 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Doctor Who Dalek Factory (Toy)
My seven year old has had tears of frustration and anger bursts trying to get the damn thing to stay together. The instructions are very confusing and the structure falls apart when you breathe on it, never mind trying to complete the build. Nowhere near the quality you get with Lego, stay away even if you are a Dr Who fan. Same can be said for the Darlek spaceship. Would rate both 0 stars if that was possible.

Character Building Doctor Who Dalek Spaceship Set
Character Building Doctor Who Dalek Spaceship Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Very upsetting Xmas!!!, 26 Dec. 2012
My seven year old has had tears of frustration and anger bursts trying to get the damn thing to stay together. The instructions are very confusing and the structure falls apart when you breathe on it, never mind trying to complete the build. Nowhere near the quality you get with Lego, stay away even if you are a Dr Who fan. Same can be said for the Darlek factory. Would rate both 0 stars if that was possible.

Welcome to Biscuit Land: A Year in the Life of Touretteshero
Welcome to Biscuit Land: A Year in the Life of Touretteshero
by Jessica Thom

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Read You Do Not Want To End, 24 Oct. 2012
I have heard about Jessie on Radio 4, ventured onto her website and have been following her on facebook, so I knew already a fair bit about the wonderful and brave person she appears to be. The book was a real eye opener, not just to her sense of humour and energetic take on life, but also on the darker moments and the amazing strength inside and out she is showing to the world - I had not realised how severely Tourettes Syndrom can effect the daily life and admire Jessie all the more for how she overcomes these daily obstacles. I would highly recommend reading this year in her life and when I finished, I felt almost like losing a friend and ever so slightly jealous of the strong friendships she has in her life. I would certainly buy another book and applaud her on this one - I will not put this on a shelf, this one will be passed on to friends to read.

Incendiary
Incendiary
by Chris Cleave

1.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the worst book I ever read, 12 July 2011
This review is from: Incendiary (Paperback)
The writing is the worst I have ever come across. The main character just annoys and the plot is so far fetched that I just regret having wasted my time reading it.

How To Train Your Dragon [DVD]
How To Train Your Dragon [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jay Baruchel

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow - what a ride!, 28 Mar. 2010
Never mind my son wanting to see it again, I want to see it again! What a surprise - a heartwarming fantastic story and beautiful animation. Everything is just in the right place and you will feel every emotion possible apart from one thing - boredom. I can't recommend this enough for children and adults alike.

Street Gospels
Street Gospels
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic summer music, 2 July 2008
This review is from: Street Gospels (Audio CD)
Listening to it non-stop in my car with the windows down - puts you in a great mood and is addictive.

Page: 1 | 2