Profile for justin > Reviews

Race Night Tote Betting Tickets 9 Races Runers 1-8 in 50s
Race Night Tote Betting Tickets 9 Races Runers 1-8 in 50s
Offered by Nite Out Promotions Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 21 Mar. 2015
they do the job. can't ask for more really. 8 runners for 9 for 9 races. we had loads of tickets left over after a 50 person race night. pretty sure we could have coped with 100 people easily

Kikujiro [DVD]
Kikujiro [DVD]
Dvd ~ Takeshi Kitano
Offered by Discs4all

3.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly bad but not all bad, 20 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Kikujiro [DVD] (DVD)
I was expecting something more impressive and unusual. It is a slow movie and surprisingly and dissapointingly predictable. Even the eccentric supporting characters seem to be hackneyed and the niceness of it all is a little boring. Still, there are several funny moments in it and towards the end I was almost sorry I was going to have to, finally, say good bye to the story.

The Merchant of Venice [DVD] [2004]
The Merchant of Venice [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Al Pacino
Offered by MusicnMedia

3.0 out of 5 stars charismatic but unbelievable, 3 Mar. 2007
I could give it three and a half stars but not four. One for Pacino (and Irons). Half for making Shakespear watchable for the first half of the film. Half for the benefit of the doubt on losing my suspension of disbelief for the last half of the film (the film had lost me emotionally but my mind was still working intellectually). Half for making me think about the issues in the play and half for making me think about Shakespear and his contemporary audience. The last half would be another benefit of the doubt to Shakespear himself who always seems to disapoint me when i watch a play but makes me think for a while afterwards and in retrospect the play grows on me.

The Devil Wears Prada [DVD] [2006]
The Devil Wears Prada [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars poor, 12 Feb. 2007
pretty clothes, pretty people and an amusing meryl streep all zippily filmed. Otherwise dismal. dialogue and plot lousy. my wife liked it as she needed something to sit and watch without having to think. This was certainly the movie for that mood. I just thought it was a waste of time.