Profile for M. Parsons > Reviews

M. Parsons (England)

Trespass Skydive 3-in-1 Jacket - Navy Blue, Size 11/12
Trespass Skydive 3-in-1 Jacket - Navy Blue, Size 11/12
Offered by Great Outdoors Superstore

5.0 out of 5 stars ... 11/12 as I tend to fit into children's versions better. The jacket is amazing value for money, 21 Feb. 2015
I'm a UK size 6-8 and bought this jacket in a size 11/12 as I tend to fit into children's versions better. The jacket is amazing value for money, looks smart and is a perfect fit, without the fleece there is also room to wear a thick jumper underneath. I would have paid this price (and more) for the jacket alone so the detachable fleece is a bonus.

What Your Clothes Say About You: How to Look Different, Act Different and Feel Different: Look Different, Act Different, Feel Different
by Susannah Constantine

1.0 out of 5 stars Spooky read, 29 Oct. 2013
I visited my local library today in the hope of finding something spooktacular to get into the mood for Halloween. The horror section was already wiped out, undefeated I carried on browsing the neighbouring sections for displaced horror books. That was when I found this gem which some fool had carelessly placed in the fashion section by mistake. It is a chilling tale about 2 scary witches who pray on middle class women, it's kind of like Ghostbusters but instead of sucking up ghosts they suck every ounce of personality out of unsuspecting wardrobes and replaces them with dreary M&S clothes.

I have seen the TV series prior to this book, but what makes this book even more traumatic is that it puts you in the shoes of the victim, and tries to throw spine-chillingly bad fashion advice at the reader, I felt like the story really came alive.

Schwarzkopf LIVE Color XXL 89 Bitter Sweet Chocolate Hair Colour
Schwarzkopf LIVE Color XXL 89 Bitter Sweet Chocolate Hair Colour
Offered by Easywellbeing

1.0 out of 5 stars 89 Bitter Sweet Chocolate, 29 Aug. 2013
Used Bitter Sweet Chocolate which turned my hair black, I wouldn't recommend this if you are after a definite brown shade.

Everything Alice: the Wonderland Book of Makes
Everything Alice: the Wonderland Book of Makes
by Hannah Read-Baldrey

1.0 out of 5 stars Slap Dash Mediocrity, 10 Jun. 2013
I have given this book 1 star because as unbelievably rubbish as it is, it has made me realise how easy it must be to have a book published these days which I guess is kind of inspiring, so thanks for that.

Art Academy: Learn Painting and Drawing Techniques with Step-by-Step Training (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Speedy-Stock

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a game for those who can draw and paint to begin with., 3 Jan. 2011
I have been drawing and painting since I was old enough to hold a pencil, and have done an A Level in the subject.
So when I saw this game I was over the moon. I've had a DS for years and have waited forever for a game like this to hit the shelves.
To be honest I wish I hadn't bothered to buy this, I sailed through the "Lesson" section and have dabbled with the "Free Paint". There's nothing on there for someone who can paint at a higher level.
I wasn't necessarily looking for art lessons but I would be happier if there was a bigger range of images in the database to paint from, the choice is so limited and only a few images appeal to me.
Albeit it is fun, mess-free and a cheap way to practise. This game is definately perfect for those who have never practised art before. And I'm certain I'll be taking this with me on flights.

The paints could be a little more realistic, and it seems a little lame that you can't convert back to your pencil after switching to the paintbrush mode. Also, I'd love it if there was a way of transfering my images to my computer.. But apart from that it's worth a try.

Yaktrax Pro Traction Device Medium
Yaktrax Pro Traction Device Medium
Offered by Active Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I can enjoy the scenery, 4 Dec. 2010
I use to be petrified of icy pavements, to the point where even the smallest slip of the foot would send me into a full anxiety attack. I'd end up with a bad neck and back from having to watch my feet with every step. I was dreading this coming winter so much, especially after having to abandon my car during last weeks "Snowmageddon". I faced a 50 minute walk to work but luckily I was already armed with a pair of these.

I put these on with a pair of Dr Martens and as soon as I stepped out of my front door I felt as stable as I do in summer conditions. I walked with confidence and a straight back. And for the first time ever I could bask in the beauty of the snow with no worries at all.
Absaloutely amazing.
I bought a pair of studded ones from QVC last year but they didn't give me this much confidence, they didn't have a strap so they kept falling off and as soon as you hit hard surfaces the studs would poke you in the foot which was uncomfortable, so I had to throw them away. These are some comfortable, especially with Dr Martens. I recommend these to everyone.

JVC HA-F120-BE IN Ear GUMY Coloured Headphones Black
JVC HA-F120-BE IN Ear GUMY Coloured Headphones Black

1.0 out of 5 stars They blew within 2 days., 15 Oct. 2008
The title says it all really. I owned a pink pair which only lasted about 2 months, and these took 2 days to blow!
I am absaloutly shocked and I don't think 2 days worth of music was worth £6 to be honest.

Ska'd for Life: A Personal Journey with The Specials
Ska'd for Life: A Personal Journey with The Specials
by Horace Panter

5.0 out of 5 stars Thankyou Horace!!!, 12 Oct. 2008
This book is AMAZING!!!
I was a bit worried about buying this as I lack attention span and can barely make it through a chapter at the best of times! But this book has me hooked and within a day of buying it I am already a third through this book.
This book is fully detailed and gives you a clear idea of how hard Horace and co worked to create what we now know and love as The Specials. Being a pretty hardcore Specials fan since I was 11 (I'm only 20..) this book contained details I had no idea about! And has answered a few questions I have always wondered.
If anything I appreciate The Specials now more than ever. I have been fortunate enough to have seen Jerry and Neville and I find myself agreeing with the stage energy that Horace describes so vividly in this book, though I wish I had been around to have seen the whole band perform.

I would like to thank Horace for writing such a fantastic book. The Specials will always have a place in my heart.

Nosferatu The Vampyre [1979] [DVD]
Nosferatu The Vampyre [1979] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Klaus Kinski
Offered by wantitcheaper

4.0 out of 5 stars A Classic, 23 Oct. 2007
This is pure genius and I wasn't sure I'd be convinced when I bought this (but it was cheaper than the original).
Here's a hint: turn the colour saturation down on your TV when watching this, it gives it a more eery effect which is why i rated this 4 stars, it wouldve been A LOT better in black and white.