Profile for Dudley Trishell > Reviews

Patagonia Better Sweater 1/4 Zip Fleece Men's Jumper
Patagonia Better Sweater 1/4 Zip Fleece Men's Jumper
Price: £75.00 - £103.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate Description., 26 Oct. 2016
Just what I wanted . . . BUT! . . . it doesn't have two zippered hand-warmer pockets as in the description.

Toscas Kiss [DVD] [2005]
Toscas Kiss [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Sara Scuderi
Offered by edinburghclassicalmusic

5.0 out of 5 stars Dustin Hoffman's Inspiration, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Toscas Kiss [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
A delightful film. Watch this and see where Dustin Hoffman must have got his inspiration for 'Quartet'. His storyline is very similar to what happened here in real life in Milan. Even the end credits of 'Quartet' 'borrow' the style of showing the singers and musicians in a side bar showing them as young stars. It would have been nice if Dustin Hoffman had acknowledged his source. Tosca's Kiss is the REAL 'Quartet'.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2016 6:16 PM GMT

Viva Elvis (Deluxe 2CD)
Viva Elvis (Deluxe 2CD)
Offered by b68solutions

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly ghastly, 13 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Viva Elvis (Deluxe 2CD) (Audio CD)
Er, thanks, but no thanks. I'll have my Elvis as I've always had my Elvis - ie: as he wanted it, not this Stars on Forty Five drivel. That revolving sound you hear is the King in his grave.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2010 9:59 AM GMT

Power To The People: The Hits
Power To The People: The Hits
Offered by positivenoise

4.0 out of 5 stars Airbrushing history again to make it politically correct, 21 Oct. 2010
As always, it's great to see JWL's catalogue being re-issued, this time with a remaster and I'm sure it all sounds great. Nice to see one of my favourite photographs of him on the front, although I think it's quite pathetic that the PC police have come along and airbrushed out John's cigarette from his left hand. Are they scared that millions of children the world over will start smoking because they've seen John Lennon holding one in his hand? That's what you get with with 'Suits' running Apple these days. Ho hum.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Mistaken Identity, 25 Jun. 2010
Oh dear, yet another Amazon disappointment. There I was ordering what I was led to believe were options for my supper tonight . . . Soup or lard. What did I get? A picture of a cutesy pie lady with a Kiss me Quick hat on. As nice as the lady appears to be I don't think I'm in the mood for cutesy pie so I'll probably settle for something light like a cheese sandwich. Nothing too heavy.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 7, 2013 10:20 AM BST

Brook Taverner Blue Linen Jacket - 42L
Brook Taverner Blue Linen Jacket - 42L

1.0 out of 5 stars Do I go for the linen jacket or the tartan sweats?, 25 Jun. 2010
I was interested in purchasing this jacket and then I read that their speedy delivery service offers, and I quote, "117 Hours courier service available". One hundred and seventeen hours? What are they doing to get it to me so quickly? I suppose they wrap it in a nice brown paper parcel and then wedge it in a cleft stick and then ask a Bundubi tribesman to walk with it all the way from Bubndubibundubi. Backwards. On his knees. Pushing the stick with his top lip. Gosh, I could make a nice cup of tea and sit in a chair by the window and wait for him to arrive. By which time summer will have long gone. Hey ho, a nice thought but I think I'll opt for the tartan tracksuit with plastic slippers.

Box Canvas Print of Paul Ross
Box Canvas Print of Paul Ross

1.0 out of 5 stars Picture spoilt by man, 15 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Box Canvas Print of Paul Ross
I ordered a box canvas print of a glass of water from amazon but when it was delivered I was quite surprised to see that there was also a man in the picture. There was also what looks a polished glass-topped table, which I don't object to really as it is holding the glass up and is in keeping with the glass. The table might actually be polished metal, like steel or possibly some unknown alloy, but the fact that it is shiny help it to create a nice reflection of the glass. So really I received two glasses for the price of one which I consider to be a bargain at any price. I didn't order the man though, and I think he's a bit obtrusive. The chair is nice.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the Paul Ross print, 14 Dec. 2009
When it comes to box canvas prints from Mirror Print store I thought that Paul Ross had taken the biscuit. And then I realized who HAD taken the biscuit. It was that lovely, lovely, lovely, I can't say it enough, lovely, there I've said it again, lovely Simon Cowell. Not for Simon, the glass of water on the table. No, he just shows off that cootchy cootchy smile of his and that'll do very nicely for me, thanks. But Simon, where is the biscuit that you took from Paul Ross?

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour Memories [DVD]
The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour Memories [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Lambert

2.0 out of 5 stars Who?, 14 Oct. 2008
" . . . including Keith McCartney (Paul McCartney's brother)". Ha ha ha! What nonsense!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2008 10:39 AM GMT

Black Vinyl White Powder
Black Vinyl White Powder
by Simon Napier-Bell

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, 15 April 2008
A corny and cheesy title for a corny and cheesy book. The endorsement by Julie Burchill on the front cover should have put me off. Simon Napier-Bell has written this book based on the very flimsy theory that the whole of the British music industry revolves around a) being homosexual and b) takes drugs. Granted both exist in the business but they certainly are not the most important cogs in the rock'n'roll gearbox - but then again, maybe in Simon Napier-Bell's little world they are. Like another reviewer I was glad to get to the end of this book. It covers a well-trod path that most of us have read, better-written, in other places and in other places where the facts and names are all correct. Simon, it's Peter Jenner, not Peter Janner. And it's John Entwistle, not Entwhistle. For heaven's sake, man, didn't you have an editor?

Page: 1 | 2