Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for JanimeZZZ > Reviews

Content by JanimeZZZ

JanimeZZZ

Cowboys from Hell: 20th Anniversary Edition/Remastered & Expanded (2CD)
Cowboys from Hell: 20th Anniversary Edition/Remastered & Expanded (2CD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely bad (re)mastering, 1 April 2012
The band's music is awesome, but the guy that remastered this CD is probably retarted. Or maybe he hates the band. Or maybe the whole record company hates the band. Or maybe they just want to make a lot of money and laugh at us...

I bought this, because I lent my first CD to some guy that of course did not return it.
I went into the car in the morning, to drive to work, and was very happy to put this in into the car stereo, and in 15 seconds was introduced to a very bad mood by the awful sound on the first track (and my favourite) - 'Cowboys from hell'. The other tracks may not be as specifically bad as the first one, but one can quickly see that this CD wont be used much, and that it was a bad buy.

The sound is made for laptop speakers and headphones (the tiny anal kind). There (here) things sound a bit better. But if they make a laptop/ipad - remastered CD, why not tell the consumer - it should be stated on the CD - for laptop/ipad use - not for car / loud proper enjoyment. I bought this CD for loud listening in the car, not to annoy me on my tiny awful laptop speakers.

And if understand correctly (I have experience in music production), the point of mastering is to make the music sound good on any equipment anywhere, at all listening levels. Clearly, this was not the producers point here. Maybe the record company wanted it to sound very different, even if bad. Maybe they have such good speakers in the studio, that this sounds awesome there. Still, its wrong and bad for the rest of us (and we should be the record companies main concern).

Dont buy this. Buy the original. I will.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 30, 2012 7:30 PM BST