Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Foo Fighters Shop now Shop now
Profile for Steaky > Reviews

Content by Steaky

Steaky

Page: 1 | 2
Exploding Kittens: A Card Game About Kittens and Explosions and Sometimes Goats
Exploding Kittens: A Card Game About Kittens and Explosions and Sometimes Goats
Offered by Exploding Kittens LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, silly fun for just about anyone with a ..., 19 Oct. 2015
I bought this along with the NSFW deck from Kickstarter. It's really enjoyable... Good, silly fun for just about anyone with a sense of humour. If you like The Oatmeal, you should probably just stop reading and hit the "Buy" button.

If you don't know The Oatmeal, go there first, then come back and buy this.

I Done A Album [Explicit]
I Done A Album [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, 6 Jan. 2014
I've always liked Beardyman, and this is an interesting departure for him. After listening to this, everything else just seems to take itself too seriously. If you like electronic beats with a big splash of humour thrown in then this is for you!

One Summer: America 1927 (Bryson)
One Summer: America 1927 (Bryson)

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Reading, 25 Oct. 2013
I'll freely admit that I am biased when reviewing anything by Bill Bryson. Ever since I first read Notes From a Small Island back when I was a teenager, I have been hooked on his books.

With that said, this is not the book that I'd recommend someone new to Bryson start with. It's a little drier than most of his other works.

That's not to say it's a bad book, by any stretch. I am enjoying it a lot. It is a window onto a country that we hear a lot about but maybe don't know as much about as we think we do. However if you have never read Bryson, I suggest one of his hilarious travel books, or the one on science or the home, both of which I cannot recommend highly enough.

Western Digital Black - 3.5 inch 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM
Western Digital Black - 3.5 inch 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM

5.0 out of 5 stars WD 1TB, 24 Oct. 2013
I bought this to do a new OS install and did a lot of agonising over whether to get this or the Seagate Barracuda, which has twice the capacity and may be a little faster.

In the end, I read so many reviews and forum posts by people saying their Barracuda had failed after just a few days or a month that I decided that this is a much better bet. I've always gone Western Digital in builds, and they've never let me down yet. So I would recommend this. I've had no problems with it, which for an HDD is about as high praise as one can give, really...

Microsoft FQC-04649 - MICROSOFT WIN 7 PRO SP1 64B 1PK DVD EN
Microsoft FQC-04649 - MICROSOFT WIN 7 PRO SP1 64B 1PK DVD EN

4.0 out of 5 stars The only Windows product to buy, 3 Oct. 2013
I'm knocking a star off because this was an absolute PIG to install...so much for Windows installations being easier after Vista! Anyway, I bought it because I was still on XP and I see that the Windows 7 keys are fast running out - and I'd rather pour petrol over my PC and set light to it than be forced to use Windows 8.

Arrived in great time, well packaged with good instructions on how to apply the key. Now it's up and running I can't fault it really!

The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul (Dirk Gently Series Book 2)
The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul (Dirk Gently Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 July 2013
I am a great fan of Douglas Adams, and it always makes me very sad that he did not live long enough to give us more of his work. I scarcely need to say what has already been said thousands of times; quirky, intelligent, witty, delicately balanced. Adams was one of the very best writers of the modern age, and it is a great shame that he hated deadlines so much and thus produced so little.

Every line Adams wrote, I have found to be worth reading.

Xbox 360 Wireless 'N' Network Adaptor (Xbox 360)
Xbox 360 Wireless 'N' Network Adaptor (Xbox 360)

4.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Adapter, 15 Jun. 2013
When you have a console that needs to connect to the internet, you can't really justify trailing ethernet wires across the living room to either yourself or anyone else in your household.

Easy to set up (as you'd expect - you just plug it in, provided you have the latest dashboard update), and I get excellent signal with no dropout.

The only negative for me is that it is perhaps a little dear for what it is, but if you buy into Microsoft's package, that's something that you just have to suck up. Given the value this thing adds, even at a slightly elevated price point it's worth the money.

A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets
A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 5 May 2013
Even if this were not a true story, this would be a wonderfully uplifting tale. The fact that it IS true adds that further dimension to make this a true, must-read book. Do yourself a favour and buy this book now!

Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain
Free Country: A Penniless Adventure the Length of Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 5 May 2013
I fancied something totally different to read, and this is certainly that! In a very good way. It is nice to see that some people are trying to disprove the rubbish that the media continually spouts at us about how our society is teetering on the edge of an abyss. People are just people, and this book proves that.

Count Zero
Count Zero

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Count Zero (Kindle Edition)
Not much more to say than if you liked the previous title in the trilogy (Neuromancer), you'll love this. Do read Neuromancer first though, if you haven't yet, as while it isn't essential, it gives the story a nice "Hmmm I know that guy," feel when previous characters are mentioned.

Page: 1 | 2