Profile for bonzo26 > Reviews

Hozelock Garden Dual Connector for Taps 2155
Hozelock Garden Dual Connector for Taps 2155
Offered by vonderpalette

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 2 Oct. 2013
I do accept that many Hozelock products are innovative and well designed but unfortunately usually poor manufactured. I have had problems with their products over many years - I try and avoid them but often there is no alternative. The dual tap connector leaked from first fitting but I know from experience that the washers and seals they use are of poor quality so I always replace them at time of purchase. This solved the immediate leakage but soon water began to emerge from behind the unit where the plastic backing plate is secured to the main body. I put up with this dripping for a while but two weeks after purchase the unit failed altogether with water pouring from both outlets whatever position was set. I removed the backing plate - it came off far too easily! - and found that the little "o" rings which should seal each outlets had become displaced. I replaced and refitted them and glued the back on again. Now no leak and it operates correctly but probably not for long. A polite e-mail to their "Customer Fulfilment Manager" went unanswered as did a repeat.

After a little research I find that they were taken over by a French company in October 2012 and have since replaced the Managing Director. I suggest that two of his first priorities are to focus on quality control and customer service!

In the meantime avoid Hozelock products whenever possible; if you have to buy them replace the washers and seals immediately and do not expect them to be interested in your problems.

Syma genuine parts Motor A+B for RC Helicopter Syma S107G , S109G , S108G , S111G Spare Parts

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cost effective spare spart, 16 Aug. 2013
I struggled to join the wires but that was my fault not the product.l Recommended to get your helicopter going again.

Tobar Make Your Own Bouncy Balls
Tobar Make Your Own Bouncy Balls
Offered by somethingdifferent

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 16 Aug. 2013
With three moulds and plenty of powder this kept my grandchildren amused for some time. The balls set quickly so there is no extended period waiting around for them to set so that the children remain interested. They have a great mixture of colours and bounce well straight from the moulds although still a bit sticky. The only adverse comment is that they lose their bounce very quickly - 24 hours later they hardly bounce at all. You can rejuvenate them by soaking in water but once again they do not stay bouncy for long. One tip - do tap the moulds comprehensively to let the powder settle completely as you fill them otherwise you end with an oval shaped ball!

Sport Direct Bicycle Pedals Childs 1/2"
Sport Direct Bicycle Pedals Childs 1/2"
Offered by Direct Discount

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and do the job, 20 Dec. 2012
Much cheaper than your local store and do the job on a child's bicycle perfectly. Not brilliant engineering but what do you expect for the price? Recommended

Galt Toys Pad Animals Magic Picture
Galt Toys Pad Animals Magic Picture
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea but minor problems, 20 Dec. 2012
This is an excellent idea and the pages really do come to life with bright vivid colours so different from the thin muddy colours you get with most water paint books. I have bought both of the Magic Pictures series and both have had minor problems - the surface of some of the pictures have arrived scratched as if scored by something sharp This does not detract too much from the rich colour achieved but is disappointing. Also poor is the water pen - from both packs the flow of water was very uneven and I had to open up the outlet hole with a meat skewer to get it to run properly. In fact my grandchildren preferred to use a paint brush and a cup water to complete the picture but this would not of course be possible if the pads are to be used when travelling.

Spiderman Rescue Helicopter
Spiderman Rescue Helicopter

2.0 out of 5 stars Great potential but disappoints, 17 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Spiderman Rescue Helicopter (Toy)
I was struck by the contrast in reviews that I read before purchasing the product - reviewers either loved it or hated it - nothing in between. I decided that those poor reviews were from unfortunate people who had bought a defective unit of what was otherwise probably a good product and went ahead and ordered one for my five year old grandson.

Package arrived promptly and immediately a problem - the instructions were photocopied using a machine that only seemed able to reproduce black shapes - it was impossible to determine which way up the rotors were to fit for example. Nevertheless trial and error was used and inevitably at first the rotors were fitted the wrong way up and of course it would not fly. Refitting solved that problem but then we found that the helicopter would not sit comfortably on the drive shaft - it kept tipping off. We sorted that by adding a bit of weight to the tail so it would not tip forward before release but then a more major issue came to light. Whilst adults could easily generate enough rotation on the drive shaft by pulling the cord and then get a very good flight, my 5 year old could not however hard he tried. Two of his friends of the same age had identical difficulties. They just could not pull the cord fast enough to get the helicopter to lift off.

Overall this product is disappointing. Children soon get bored watching an adult operate their toys - they want to do it themselves.

Do not buy unless your child is perhaps at least 7 or 8 and has the strength and co-ordination to operate it.

Galt Toys Water Magic Animals - Multi-Coloured
Galt Toys Water Magic Animals - Multi-Coloured

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little product - recommended, 17 Oct. 2012
At last - an "add water" product that actually delivers real vibrant colour. We could not get the pen which is supplied to deliver a reliable supply of water so as we were not using it as a travelling toy, used a paintbrush and container of water. Very pleased with the results and the grandchildren loved it. The pictures dry back to white fairly quickly and you can start again. I guess eventually the colours will lose their impact but so far so good.

Tobar Glow in The Dark Jumping Beans
Tobar Glow in The Dark Jumping Beans
Offered by GiftLocalUK

1.0 out of 5 stars They do not glow!, 17 Oct. 2012
The whole purpose of buying these was for my grandchildren to see them in the dark. They do not glow. I rang the supplier who really was not interested but said I had not left them in the light for long enough first. I then put them on the sun filled windowsill all day but absolutely no improvement. Best not to bother with these.

Spiderman Inflatable Character 60 cm
Spiderman Inflatable Character 60 cm
Offered by HM DIRECT

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 17 Oct. 2012
My grandson is a keen "Spiderman" enthusiast and just loves this inflatable character of him. It was a little tricky to persuade the arms to fully inflate but eventually managed it by pressing the body to transfer air and then all was well. It stands without support and has remained inflated with no problem. Recommended

4 X A4 Magic Painting Book
4 X A4 Magic Painting Book

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 Oct. 2012
I bought these for my grandson and read the reviews carefully before purchase because I had been disappointed with similar products from elsewhere where the colours hardly showed. Reviews for this product seemed to indicate that the colours would be brighter.

I was not expecting very bold colours but having tried one page from each book can hardly detect any colour at all! My grandson thought he had to add colour from his paintbox.

I rang the supplier to ask if we were doing something wrong although could not think what given that all you have to do is paint on water with a brush. The response was courteous but not illuminating.

Best avoided.