Profile for Steve > Reviews

Content by Steve

Steve (Forest Green)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing for clouds and doesn't skimp on flavour either, 8 July 2015
This atomiser has exceeded expectations, amazing for clouds and doesn't skimp on flavour either. I actually use it with my Kbox mini more than I use the Subtank that came with the kit. Came with extra wide tip, 510 adapter, and some spare seals and screws. Thankfully uses Philips head screws rather than the weird Allen key things in the authentic.

Extra Long Glass & Stainless Steel Wide Bore 510 Drip Tip For Electronic Cigarettes And Vaping Devices
Offered by PollTech

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent tip, ever so slightly wobbly but that's the only negative., 6 Jun. 2015
A nice drip tip that compliments my big block clone nicely due to the cooling fins matching the fins on the atty. The length and the fact it's made of glass helps keep the vapour nice and cool, only drawback is that it isn't an exact fit and could probably benefit from a chunkier o-ring to keep it nice and snug. This doesn't seem to affect performance too much though, if at all.

OSO 2puffs Metal Big Bore 2 Piece 510 drip Tip (Black)
OSO 2puffs Metal Big Bore 2 Piece 510 drip Tip (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice drip tip, works well with Subtank mini, 6 Jun. 2015
I ordered a black one to replace the stock tip on my Subox mini kit as that was getting hot very quickly. Not only does this drip tip fit the Subtank mini perfectly but the wider bore and fins cool the vapour so I can use a higher wattage than I otherwise would have been able to. Also, surprisingly, it actually looks pretty nice on the black Subtank, maybe I should order a red one too!

The Beatles: The Little Black Songbook
The Beatles: The Little Black Songbook
by The Beatles

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute must for Beatlemaniacs, 5 Jun. 2011
Got this for my birthday last year, and it is a MUST for all Beatles fans with an acoustic guitar.

Let me ust say it is PURELY chords, it won't tell you how to play the finger-picked parts (intro to Here Comes the Sun, etc) but it's perfect for a good old singalong. As noted in other reviews, the chord chart at the back is missing one or two of the stranger chords but generally you can wing it. Includes every one of their songs except those originally by other artists so unfortunately no "Boys" "Matchbox" or "Please Mister Postman" but with 195 of their own songs, which is more than double what you will find in most other songbooks, I really can't complain. An absolute necessity.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2015 1:58 AM BST

Lost: The Video Game (Xbox 360)
Lost: The Video Game (Xbox 360)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not just good for gamerscore, 4 Jun. 2011
OK, I will just come straight out and admit it. I liked this game. I borrowed it from a friend purely for the 1000G, but actually found myself engaged in the story, and enjoying the game itself. I was surprised with how good-looking this game is too. The camera system (you take pictures during flashbacks to jog your memory) I thought was great, it reminded me of Fatal Frame/Project Zero. Many of the reviews here warn potential buyers that this game is for "Die-hard Lost fans ONLY" well I have to say that I have never watched an episode of Lost in my life but never at any point was I ...ahem...lost as to who was who, and what their role in the game was, or where I was, or what was going on.

On the downside, you could however say the game was a bit simplistic and if you are looking for something cerebral to really challenge you then yeah, ok, this isn't it. The gameplay is pretty linear and the puzzles (erm, puzzle) are VERY repetitive- get fuses, put fuses in fuseboard, make lights/door/computer work. But hey, it's a video game conversion of a big TV/Movie license so what can you expect? I also read reviews comparing this game to Resident Evil, and I would like to request to have whoever said THAT shot. Yeah there's a monster, and you get a gun, but it's not RE by any stretch of the imagination.

The voice acting is apparently very bad. It is generaly poorly acted in places and it seems that the graphic programmers' vision of the scenes didn't always match up to the voice-over artists' (Charlie singing and Michael's blank stare whilst yelling "WALT" in your face are pretty hilarious) and the voices are NOT those of the original cast - not that I would know that - but overall it's passable. It is a game after all.

Overall it's a pretty good-looking game, with a decent story and a not-as-easy-as-you-may-have-been-led-to-believe 1000 gamerscore (well we can't ALL instinctively know to take a photo of Charlie's guitar, Kate's toy plane and an abandoned wheelchair now can we?) let down by a short play time (I got all 1000G in about 6 hours total play) with some clunky controls (accidentally run into a clump of grass whilst running from the Black Fog and you are as good as dead) the story itself is generally more fun than the game is good.

Worth a go if you can find it cheap or rent it, both for the 1000G and if you have a particularly empty evening. You won't get blown away but seriously, worse things have happened than this game.

White Line Fever: Lemmy - The Autobiography
White Line Fever: Lemmy - The Autobiography
by Lemmy Kilmister

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly stunning- Warts and all, 4 May 2004
I'm not the sort of person who reads a lot. Magazines, yes- but they have pictures. I can never really be bothered to read a proper book though, but when I saw Lemmy's autobiography I instantly thought "must have!" The man is a genius. No no, he is THE genius! I've seen him on stage once and I have to say that there is no man I have ever encountered with more energy and personality thatn him. And his autobiography reflects this. It has everything- practically his entire life story, condensed into 200+ pages of book! From obscure local bands, to Hawkwind and eventually the formation of Motorhead, Lemmy looks back on his last 60 years and recounts everything. From the terribly funny Philthy Animal trying to climb through his own bathroom mirror to the brutal and disturbing murder of Lemmy's flatmate, Kilminster leaves no stone unturned. He talks openly of his speed addiction (which contributed to the band and song name "motorhead") just telling everything like it is. A brilliant mix of comedy and tragedy, at break-neck speed told by the man himself. Everything louder than everything else? In this case, definitely.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2008 1:26 AM BST