Profile for Helen Prout > Reviews

Content by Helen Prout

Helen Prout (Dublin, Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
Fermented Vegetables
Fermented Vegetables
by Kristen Shockey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent hands on book - would highly recommend - suitable for both the novice and experienced fermenter, 4 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Fermented Vegetables (Paperback)
I have a number of books on fermentation on my bookshelf, but this is by far my favourite. It becomes obvious very quickly, that the authors are experts in this field, having ran a business selling fermented goodies, and the cumulative wealth of their knowledge is all wrapped up in this one book.
They cover everything, from the tools to use; tips on incorporating dehydrated veggies like mushrooms, seaweed and tomatoes into your ferments; fruit/veg that can be added which create extra brine, etc.
The majority of their book is taken up with recipes for fermenting different vegetables, e.g. nettle kraut; lemon dill kraut; kimchi brussels sprouts, etc.

250g Bag of Dried Orange Slices Christmas Floristry Product
250g Bag of Dried Orange Slices Christmas Floristry Product
Offered by Gem Supplies International Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Smell divine, 13 April 2015
Smell absolutely divine - its a pity they aren't edible.

DYI Nut Milks, Nut Butters, More: From Almonds to Walnuts
DYI Nut Milks, Nut Butters, More: From Almonds to Walnuts
by Melissa King

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introductory book, 13 April 2015
Good introduction to making nut milks and butters, with suggestions for flavour; sweeteners and dilution rates for nut milks. It got me started down the road to making my own.

Kärcher SC5.800C Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner With Continuous Steam Function
Kärcher SC5.800C Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner With Continuous Steam Function

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but just not good enough to justify the price tag., 14 Oct. 2014
This machine is soooo expensive, and unfortunately I didn't think it is good enough to justify its price tag. It does a reasonable job - but I would still need to hire out a professional unit to give my bathroom tiles a proper clean.

It is also very noisy (I needed a couple of asprin after an hour of using the jet function).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2015 5:23 PM GMT

Kärcher Set of 5 Terry Cotton Cleaning Cloths For Steam Cleaners - Extra Wide Cloths For Floor Tool

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy these - totally overpriced - for a simple product, 14 Oct. 2014
Overpriced

20 compatible Ink Cartridges to Brother LC1220 LC1240 / 8x LC1240BK + 4x LC1240C + 4x LC1240M + 4x LC1240Y
Offered by Office Partner GmbH_1

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 14 Oct. 2014
Excellent value!

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Coffee Machine ESAM4200 - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coffee machine - drink coffee at home that rivals your local coffee shop!, 14 Oct. 2014
Great, great coffee machine. I would never have believed how good this machine could be - except that my brother bought one a year ago, and has been enjoying excellent coffee ever since. The coffee from this machine, easily beats what I used to buy from my local cafe (I can't bring myself to buy their coffee anymore, as I know I can make a better cup at home).
I had previously bought an expensive coffee bean grinder, which I used with a simple french press - the coffee made from my De'Longhi machine, is infinitely better.

Slippery Elm Powder 250g
Slippery Elm Powder 250g
Offered by NaturalHealth4Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Slippery Elm Powder 250g (Misc.)
Slippery elm is a great product for lining the stomach and throat. I use it to counter-act the effects of too much acid - it couldn't do this on its own, but I find it helps (I also use wheatgrass).

Easy Karaoke EKS516P Karaoke Screen Party
Easy Karaoke EKS516P Karaoke Screen Party
Offered by Cap2world

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 6 Jan. 2014
Although this product was very well priced, in the end I wasn't overly ecstatic with it.

I thought the sample music CD that came with it was very poor and not suitable for my 5 year old (she is familiar with nursery rhymes; not the latest pop tunes). She used it for a day or two, but it has been forgotten and left in a corner ever since. Perhaps when she is older she will go back to it?

Apart from that, everything was in order - the machine came with all the cables I needed to connect it to the TV, and no batteries were required, which is always a plus.

Robin Wood Tarot Deck
Robin Wood Tarot Deck
by Robin Wood
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a pretty tarot deck, 27 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Robin Wood Tarot Deck (Cards)
I absolutely adore these cards, they are so descriptive and pretty - they make reading tarot easy. I have a number of decks, but this is the only deck I use.

Page: 1 | 2