Profile for PurplePixie91 > Reviews

Content by PurplePixie91

PurplePixie91 (My heart is in Huddersfield)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
AUBERGINE PLUM EASY CARE PRINTED DOUBLE DUVET COVER BED SET
AUBERGINE PLUM EASY CARE PRINTED DOUBLE DUVET COVER BED SET
Offered by Viceroy Bedding

2.0 out of 5 stars I agree with other reviewers!, 31 Dec. 2016
The colours are beautiful, just like the photo, and I quite like the feel of the fabric, in all honesty. Not to mention it's extremely affordable. But it doesn't fit my duvet at all, as many reviweres have said. I end up with the loose fabric wrapping around my legs at night and it's really uncomfortable. Despite the title and description saying it's for double duvets, I'm wondering if it would fit a queen size better.
I would recommend you save the money and buy one from Argos, Tesco, or Primark instead!

iTALKonline LG Spirit 4G Blue PU Leather Executive Multi-Function Wallet Case Cover Organiser Flip with Credit / Business Card Money Holder Integrated Horizontal Viewing Stand
Offered by iTALKonline-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars She uses that catchphrase for serious medical issues too, 11 Nov. 2016
My mum, as optimistic as she is, refused to get herself a phone cover for her new phone, uttering her usual catchphrase of "ah, it'll be fine". She continued to use her old phone cover, a flip case, which did not fit obviously; she instead used it to simply close around her phone. Utterly pointless in its use, and the thing was falling to bits anyway.
I finally managed to convince her to let me find her one on Amazon. She chose this one, in the dark/Prussian blue colour.

What can I say? At just under £3, it's very cheap for a flip case, without compromising on quality. Holds her cards well. And the colour is just as lovely and vibrant as in the picture. The faux leather is also nice to touch in general.

And now for the kicker: this arrived in the post just less than one week after ordering, and exactly two days after my dad dropped her phone face down on the garden patio. The screen now has a war wound of a crack right down the middle - which would have been prevented with an adequately-fitting flip case. 100% not the seller's fault of course, I'm not implying that at all - but if only I'd had the power of clairvoyance, I would have ordered it much sooner.

Take my advice, optimistic/STUBBORN mothers of the world: get yourself a damn flip case before it's too late!

Popa Pencil - 10 Pack - HB Pencils
Popa Pencil - 10 Pack - HB Pencils

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't stop imagining what happened to it.., 11 Nov. 2016
My dad told me a sad story about when he was a child. I'm not about to go off on a tangent, it IS related to this product (weirdly enough), I promise!
My nan - his mum - one day came home with one of these pencils for my dad when he was a kid. They were very new back then, and so when he took it to school, his classmates were in awe. My dad described this moment as the first time he ever felt cool. His teacher, seeing this pencil and all the commotion, demanded my dad hand it over, "and collect it at the end of the day". Dad sadly handed it over, his moment of glory snatched away.
This is where the story gets even sadder.
My dad forgot to collect the pencil at the end of the day.
The very next day, him, my nan, and his siblings, moved house. And changed schools. He never even got to properly use the pencil, and he never saw it again.

He told me this story a couple of nights ago. The next day, I looked it up on Amazon and found this 10 pack of pencils for less than £3. An absolute steal.

My dad obviosuly has no idea he will be opening these as a joke present at Christmas. Perhaps he'll have even forgotten he told me about the story between now and then. But I'm looking forward to seeing his reaction when he opens this and it dawns on him.

All in all though, for this product, I think a pack of 10 of these lovely pencils for under £3 is a bargain. Thank you for these.

Sennheiser In-Ear Stereo Headphones - Black
Sennheiser In-Ear Stereo Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Under £10 for Sennheiser earphones??, 11 Nov. 2016
I used to work for a big UK tech company (no advertisements here...), which taught me that Sennheiser does not compromise on quality. Only downside was that, even with a 30% staff discount, any Sennheiser products cost a proverbial arm and leg.
And so I thought to look on Amazon for some, and came across these - for under £10!! Amazing!

Seriously, if you're reading this and still wondering if you should get them (and they're still coming up as under £10), don't hesitate any longer. Fantastic quality, very affordable price! Get them before they consider bumping the price up!!

HccToo Music Player 16GB Portable Lossless Sound MP3 Player 45 Hours Playback (Black)
Offered by HccToo

4.0 out of 5 stars I waffled on a bit here, but I mean well!, 11 Nov. 2016
My dad - God love him and his hatred for iPods - had gone quite a while without a portable music source, ever since the purchase of his new phone came with the discovery of it not having enough disk space for music files. Or hardly any files for that matter. And so for his birthday a few weeks ago, I decided to search for a cheap, simple, yet well reviewed mp3 player - preferably with a large disk space. And what is this I find: a 16GB easy-looking mp3 player for under £20?? What a gem!
All other mp3 players I'd looked at around the internet came close to the price but not the disk size, or vise versa. And I'd seen mostly positive reviews for this product and realised perhaps it was worth buying.
And I wasn't wrong! The battery life is outstanding (since he started using it the day after his birthday, 26th October, he has only charged it once. Today is the 11th November!). Quality of audio is wonderful (although I also supplied him with Sennheiser earphones. Would recommend!). You can play videos on it, and can even put photos on if you like. It comes with a built-in game of "Bricks" that isn't at all like Tetris (...). The responsiveness of the buttons are also 100% excellent, without the need to mash buttons to get them to respond like you would on a cheaply made mp3... I hold my very first mp3 player from 14 years ago in mind...

The only reason for not putting up the full 5 stars is simply because of the mechanics of the buttons. Sometimes it's the centre button to 'select' a menu item. Sometimes it's the down button to do the same. Sometimes it's the up button to do the same... But, that's not *completely* terrible. Once you get the hang of it, pause/play is still pause/play, previous and next song buttons still do what they say they'll do on the button, and the lock switch is still just a lock switch.

Another reason I only gave 4 stars is because it took me two and a half hours to realise that, in order to put music files onto the mp3, you first plug it into your computer, select the "charge and connect" with the UP button, not the centre button, and THEN it will appear on your computer. And, in all fairness, it isn't really a reason for lopping a star off - it just made me feel a bit silly ._.

But overall, would 100% recommend. It's great quality, inside and out, it's simple to use (one for the iPod phobes like my dad!), and it has an impressive disk size. All for a respectable price to boot.

And now I look at my still-religiously-used 8GB iPod nano 5th gen - which at eight years old, now has a broken screen, and a paltry 1 hr battery life at most - and myself with an increasing frustration of constant iTunes updates and syncing issues that maybe I'm growing bitter of "popular" music players and I should take a leaf out of my dad's book and get myself a HCC Too, too... Also.

Pusheen Desk Pad
Pusheen Desk Pad
Offered by PartyErasers

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute - and I won't forget plans anymore!, 22 Sept. 2016
This review is from: Pusheen Desk Pad (Accessory)
Just as bright and as vibrant as in the picture. The boxes seem a nice size to write down maybe three or four tasks/plans for each day, and I liked that there was a 'Notes' box too, so you can add extra plans if needed. However, don't do what I did and assume the size; I expected it to be bigger than it actually was - it's a bit smaller than A4 - but the dimensions are actually listed in the description, which I didn't look at! So that was entirely my fault. Although it really doesn't matter to me; despite expecting it to be bigger, I feel it fits the bill rather nicely, and as I said, plenty of room to write your plans down!

Battery for laptop PACKARD BELL Dot S/B 11.1V 4400mAh - Visiodirect -
Battery for laptop PACKARD BELL Dot S/B 11.1V 4400mAh - Visiodirect -
Offered by visiodirect-

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought I'd have to say goodbye to my netbook..., 31 Aug. 2016
Wonderful! Still doing its job nicely! Absolutely no qualms with it whatsoever, and it's allowed me to continue using my beloved four year old netbook, so I couldn't be happier.

QBD Boys/Girls Small Purple Snap/Slap On Watch.Hypo Allergenic.Crown Protector
QBD Boys/Girls Small Purple Snap/Slap On Watch.Hypo Allergenic.Crown Protector
Offered by QBD Watches

4.0 out of 5 stars Nickel allergy? No problem!, 31 Aug. 2016
I've had a nickel allergy for as long as I can remember. I had yet to find an (affordable!) watch that I could wear for too long before the back of the watch face and buckle began to make my skin dry up, blister, or split. Eventually, I decided to just type 'hypoallergenic watch' into the Amazon search bar, and I found this.
I know that it says it's for children, and indeed it is quite small, at least where the actual watch face is concerned. See attached photo for reference! I'm a 5'2", 24 year old woman, and everything about me is small. As a result, I personally think that it looks just right on my wrist - but then again, in the past I've bought child's gloves by mistake and they were a perfect fit! So who am I to say? I'd reckon that unfortunately, this watch may look a bit imbalanced on those blessed with bigger limbs...!

Regardless, those of you who have sensitivities to metals will find this watch a dream. As the description says, you just snap the strap straight onto your wrist, no horrible buckles or fastenings needed. The face can pop out easily for changing batteries, or if you have more than one of this product you could swap the strap around if you fancied a change of colour.

The only reason I've given it 4/5 stars is because it's not completely breathable - obviously it's silicone, with a flexible metal base, so it is quite thick. But I find that I sweat under the strap a lot, and that in itself makes the skin underneath itch. So I do need to remove it every now and then, particularly when completing strenuous housework!

A nice feature I found was that the hands were glow in the dark. Although it does actually say that in the description, I hadn't even noticed it myself. Maybe I need to find some tiny glasses for my tiny eyes next...
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)
Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One)

3.0 out of 5 stars I should have got him Evolve instead, he spends hours on that..., 9 July 2016
Bought it for my other half for his birthday. Never played it myself - I've never really liked zombies, even if these zombies are spoofs and supposed to make you laugh! But the game itself looks like a lot of fun, and it's cool how you can use lots of acrobatics such as sliding along telephone wires. Unfortunately for me and my wallet, my other half got stuck on a level, and now won't play it again. And now it sits there gathering dust...

Sims: Complete Collection / Game
Sims: Complete Collection / Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Four disks for base game AND all expansion packs?!, 9 July 2016
I love The Sims! I've been an avid Sims fan for over 10 years now, and the love will never go away!
I really liked that the base game, and all seven expansion packs, were all compiled into just four disks. It makes installing it so much easier, especially when you think that some of them had two disks you needed to install...
Anyway, fantastic product, really took me back to my childhood, and the best thing is that this collection also includes exclusive downloads that Maxis had put on their (now defunct) Sims 1 website, which you can no longer get access to online.
If you liked playing The Sims 1 and want to get back into it again, this is an excellent value for money for what you get. And even though it took a bit of tweaking, it IS possible to get it to run on Windows 10, so don't let that put you off. Very happy with this product!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4