Profile for Ivor > Reviews

Content by Ivor

Ivor "Ivor" (Northumberland, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
14 INCH ALLOY LOOK 7 SPOKE CAR WHEEL TRIMS/COVERS 14" HUB CAPS
14 INCH ALLOY LOOK 7 SPOKE CAR WHEEL TRIMS/COVERS 14" HUB CAPS
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars They fit!, 4 July 2016
They fit, a little bit more flimsy than the originals but they stay on and look good. The ones I received were plain grey and not the ones with the pretty flowers that my wife wanted (as shown in the thumbnail.) Thank goodness for that! :D

Frlife |Homtom HT7 Smartphone PU Phone Cover Case
Frlife |Homtom HT7 Smartphone PU Phone Cover Case
Offered by Frlife

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, fits the phone, 4 July 2016
Well made and fits the phone as per the description.

Ford Transit Van Black Rubber Genuine Replacement AM/FM Aerial Mast Antenna Roof Screw In Type
Offered by Extreme Auto Accessories

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit for a Suzuki Wagon, 4 July 2016
I wanted a slightly longer aerial for my Suzuki Wagon. Fitted like a dream.

Queens Fine China Couture Puffin Mug, Multi-Colour
Queens Fine China Couture Puffin Mug, Multi-Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Super mug, 4 July 2016
Loads of capacity and really nice to drink tea and coffee from it. Well made and a super design.

QISHI YUHUA JML Men's Sports And Leisure 3 Fold Short Purse Army Green Canvas Wallets
Offered by QiShi YuHua

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust and spacious., 4 July 2016
The wallet is really well made and has a zipped pocket for change and plenty of capacity for cards and notes. The velcro fastening is strong. The one thing I really didn't like the look of the leather label, it looked more like a women's purse than a wallet with it on, so I unpicked the stitches and removed it. You can just see where it was as it was lightly glued, but the wallet fits more comfortably into my trouser pocket without it and I don't look like I am going shopping with my wife's purse any more.

Lots of space for money and all those bits of paper that I seem to accumulate. It is robust and I expect it will last far longer than my previous leather wallets. Great value.

COUTURE PENGUIN CRUSH MUG
COUTURE PENGUIN CRUSH MUG
Offered by China Chaps Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Super mug, 4 July 2016
Well made, attractive, nice to drink from and loads of capacity for lots of tea.

Bike Bicycle Motorcycle Handlebar Mount Holder for Mobius Action Sports Camera
Bike Bicycle Motorcycle Handlebar Mount Holder for Mobius Action Sports Camera
Offered by Heavenbley

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, just don't try to record movies when cycling., 4 July 2016
Very well made and sturdy. Good for using your handlebars as a tripod when stationary, but no good for mounting a camera to record movies when cycling. This is no fault of the mount, it's just the vibration of the road is transferred to the camera and you don't get a steady image, the result is unwatchable... get a helmet cam instead if you want to record your bike ride!

Hearts And Bones
Hearts And Bones

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best., 23 April 2016
This review is from: Hearts And Bones (Audio CD)
This has got to be one of Paul Simon's best albums. It was not a commercial success when it was released but it has some amazing ballads written and sung with feeling like Hearts and Bones, Train in the Distance, Think Too Much (b) and Rene and Georgette Magritte with Their Dog after the War. The up-tempo Cars Are Cars seems to be a mundane tribute to vehicles but ends with the poignant verse:
"If some of my homes
Had been more like my car
I probably wouldn’t have
Traveled this far"

AllRight Alloy Flat-Platform Pedals For Cycling Mountain MTB BMX Bike Bicycle Bearing 9/16 Inch Black
Offered by MokenEye-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the cheap generic plastic ones but I can ..., 23 April 2016
Seem solid and strong. Better than the cheap generic plastic ones but I can imaging someone getting their shin or calf getting a nasty scrape from them.

Pair Of BSP Wall Mounting Fixing Brackets For Bar Shower Or Bath Mixer Tap
Pair Of BSP Wall Mounting Fixing Brackets For Bar Shower Or Bath Mixer Tap
Offered by Trade In Post Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars They do the job, 6 April 2016
These do the job. The mountings were thinner than appears in the picture and I wondered if they would be robust enough to stand up to tightening the nut, but they were sturdy enough.

I was fitting these onto tiles mounted on Marmox board, replacing a previous concealed fixture mounted behind the cavity, so the holes in the tiles were much bigger than the pipe, but with careful drilling I was still able to mount these. I made gaskets (from a soft plastic Tupperware type pot lid) to go between the brackets and the wall and the brackets and used tonnes of white silicone anti-fungal mastic either side of the gasket to seal them. The gasket would not be necessary if the pipe was a tight fit through the hole.

Because of the relatively small space I had between the screw holes and the oversized pipe hole I was a bit worried of cracking the tiles when I tightened the chrome nut. I decided to mount the brackets to the pipe by holding the bracket in a Footprint pipe wrench and tightening the nut onto the olive with an adjustable spanner. I then screwed the bracket to the wall using my own (better quality that those supplied) wall plugs and my own brass screws that are threaded the entire length. The supplied wood screws would not tighten as the unthreaded part was longer than the depth of the bracket, tile and Marmox wall board.

No leaks!