Profile for Henna > Reviews

Content by Henna

Henna (Cornwall, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Pick Geek TRIO - 3 Sets of Premium Guitar Picks (Plectrums) For Your Electric, Acoustic, or Bass Guitar - X Heavy, Heavy, Medium & Light - In 3 Metal Pocket Boxes - A Perfect Gift - Fully Guaranteed
Offered by Antony Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth every penny!, 29 Jun. 2017
I can't speak (type) highly enough of this product.

I've played guitar for 15 years, and have always used celluloid plectrums. I've had the same few picks since I started learning though, and bought this stack to breathe some new life into my playing experience.

It has everything you could need, pick-wise. The click-clack tins are fantastic! Smaller than the one I had already (a Donner tin), but still big enough to hold a nice selection of plectrums each. The range of picks is great - 4 thicknesses of both celluloid and delrin, and 2 thicknesses of each jazz pick. I adore the steel picks too, which completely surprised me! And I'm a Delrin convert, after playing around with these for a while.

There are certainly enough to keep me going for another 15 years or more. Everything about this set screams quality. I've given some of each to my Dad, who loves them as much as I do - he's played for over 40 years and is a creature of habit, and having this selection has brought him out of his comfort zone (read: rut) which is usually a damn-near impossible feat.

I love the quirky logo too (though my Dad's not so keen - but you don't buy for the logo, you buy for the quality. Which this set has in spades).

Leather Plectrum Holder Keyring with 3 StrungOut Delrinex Guitar Picks
Leather Plectrum Holder Keyring with 3 StrungOut Delrinex Guitar Picks
Offered by Strung-Out

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product - excellent picks - but NOT real leather., 29 Jun. 2017
I bought this for the pick-holder keyring, so the fact that it comes with picks was a bonus for me.
I'd never tried delrinex before, but these picks have quickly become some of my favourites to use. By happy accident, I received 4 instead of the advertised 3. Another bonus!

The pick-holder itself is well-made, with a strong popper and solid keyring. It easily holds 5 normal-size plectrums (which are larger than the ones in this product) - it's even big enough to hold the large 'triangle' picks... and 'shark fin' picks... whatever picks you like. Absolutely excellent.

The reason I give only 3 stars, though, is because I bought this pick-holder because it was advertised as "real leather" - that's an actual quote - but real leather this is definitely not. See, I'm a stickler for leather. I hate man-made leather-like materials, yet that is exactly what this is. As another reviewer commented, this is false advertising and goes directly against trading standards - certainly against courteous etiquette. I bought real leather, paid for real leather, and received a man-made false leather product. Most disappointed. It's a shame because the product itself is excellent! But I feel lied to. The description needs changing.

Jim Dunlop 11C Advanced Curved Capo
Jim Dunlop 11C Advanced Curved Capo
Offered by Fair Deal Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 25 Jun. 2017
Does what it says on the tin! A brilliant, affordable capo which fits my acoustic nicely.
Would recommend as a stepping stone to a spring-mechanism capo, though this will sure last a lot time if taken care of.

Stagg 13265 Tripod Guitar Stand - Chrome
Stagg 13265 Tripod Guitar Stand - Chrome
Offered by PlayRecord Net

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent stand. It is the perfect size for my ..., 25 Jun. 2017
This is an excellent stand. It is the perfect size for my electro-acoustic, sturdy enough to withstand my 6-year-old, and small enough to fit in the corner out the way. I can't think what else I'd need from a stand!

6 x BRIDGE PINS for ACOUSTIC GUITAR - cream with black dot
6 x BRIDGE PINS for ACOUSTIC GUITAR - cream with black dot
Offered by yssabout

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable and Effective, 25 Jun. 2017
Cheap & cheerful - and they do the job. They seem to be of the same quality makeup as the ones that came with my Washburn, so although I considered upgrading, I'm happy with my choice as the old ones lasted 15 years. And even if these don't withstand time like the originals, who can complain at this price?

Ideal. Recommended.

CANTUS Guitar Capo Metal Material with Peg Puller Wood Grained Finish for Acoustic and Electric Guitars
Offered by CANTUS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great capo - nice look and handy bridge pin puller feature, 25 Jun. 2017
This capo is brilliant - bought to replace my old strap on capo. The spring is strong and sturdy, the silicone parts flawless, and the whole thing seems to be of good construction. The bridge pin puller is a nice touch (having broken my bridge pins during the last string change, I thought it best to buy a capo with this extra feature!).

I quite like the woodgrain-effect finish, as it pretty much matches my guitar. It is a bit blurry in person, but any audience or passer-by wouldn't notice that.

All in all, I can't fault it - highly recommended.

The Best Of... So Far
The Best Of... So Far

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Jun. 2017
Great album.

Celluloid Guitar Pick, Donner 16pcs Guitar Plectrums Including Thin, Medium, Heavy & Extra Heavy Gauges (0.46mm-1.2mm)
Offered by Donnerdirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tin - good picks., 25 Jun. 2017
This tin is everything a guitarist needs, pick-wise. The click-clack mechanism is a great feature, and is sturdy enough to withstand everyday use including clunking around in a backpack or pocket.

It's very handy to have 4 different thicknesses of pick, and 4 of each, and generally I'd recommend this product!

The only niggle I have with it, hence the 4* review, is that a couple of the picks are uneven around the edge - it's a manufacturing issue, but they do look like they've been used! In my case, this only applies to 2 out of 16, both the same colour, and they are perfectly useable... just not as smooth.

Steelite Craft Low Cup & Saucer White 12oz / 340ml - Rustic Style Coffee Cup and Saucer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - Highly Recommended, 18 May 2017
I love these mugs so much! They are the only Steelite Craft mugs I have bought which have actually arrived with as much detail on as is in the pictures. I heartily recommend them - they are the perfect size and feel so homely and comfortable to hold.

17182-WIN-7: Metallic Red Low Top Trainers
17182-WIN-7: Metallic Red Low Top Trainers

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy Bigger Than You Need, 18 May 2017
These are lovely to look at, but are about two sizes smaller than the label states (I bought size 7, and they fit my Mum who is size 5). Thankfully they did not go to waste.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9