Profile for TMathews > Reviews

Content by TMathews

TMathews (South West England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kids Watercolour Paint Set 12 Colours With Brush Art & Craft
Kids Watercolour Paint Set 12 Colours With Brush Art & Craft
Offered by BCreative®

4.0 out of 5 stars Misleading picture but ok, 20 Mar. 2016
The picture is not representative of what you get for the price. You also get 6 wax crayons, 6 oil pastels, a pencil and sharpener, a small pot of useless glue and an eraser in a black plastic fold-out case. The paint pans themselves are < 1 inch across and not very deep. The quality is reasonable and actually not bad for the price. However, I would rather have had better quality paints and brush on their own rather than the unnecessary extras which dilute the quality of everything. Less is more etc. That said, daughter is happy with them.

Salomon Shoes Quicklace Kit-Black
Salomon Shoes Quicklace Kit-Black
Offered by Big Laces

4.0 out of 5 stars Replace quicklace on Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra 2 GTX, 17 Jan. 2016
Bought this to replace coreshot Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra 2 GTX quicklace where sheath had worn exposing the Kevlar which duly snapped after a few days. For a virtually unbreakable lace I found this vexing. Quality does not quite match the standard of the original - eg the white 'climbing rope' pattern is missing and the slider is more brittle but these are minor points. Replacement was pretty straightforward following the video and the lace system pretty much works like new . Remember to cut the lace ONLY for an asymmetric lacing!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The new version is comfortable in the hand, 14 Dec. 2015
I bought two of these to replace a the previous Anker mouse I had shared between 2 PCs, and which had accidentally broken.
The new version is comfortable in the hand, and I need an ergonomic design as I have mild CTP.
Unfortunately neither mouse sits perfectly flat on a desktop whereas the previous version did.
The plastic flap which accesses the battery housing is very hard to close when the batteries have been installed - it is a very tight squeeze for 2 batteries and the flap itself appears to be too thick for the seat it is supposed to fit in. There is a noticeable bulge under the flap when closed and it feels too strained to be a viable and safe closure. Even after removing the plastic wrapping from the batteries, the flap is still proud (by about 0.5mm) of the housing which, considering the tolerances involved, is a massive problem in a mouse.
Removing the flap entirely identifies the further, more serious problem that the mouse is not perfectly flat and there is a slight but very noticeable wobble front to back when moving it or clicking the left button which is infuriating.
This cannot be worked round unless the pad or pads are filed down and levelled which I am not prepared to do, even if I could guarantee it would fix the problem.
I can't contact the seller to discuss this hence the feedback. Needless to say, the items will be returned and I will also ask for the £7.99 next day postage to be refunded too. Of course, the seller is more than welcome to send me a replacement to see if it performs any better. If it does, I will amend the one star negative review and the comments.
I await a response via Amazon.
**--updated from 1 to 5 stars in in subsequent review --**
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2015 6:39 AM GMT

NEO G Patella Band - ONE SIZE, Unisex, Medical Grade, Quality adjustable support, strap, features premium quality silicone pad, HELPS patellar tendonitis, patellar tracking, Osgood-Schlatter disease, knee support, knee injuries, strains, sprains, aches, pains, recovery, rehabilitation
Offered by Online Sports Support Store

Mens Brushed Flannel Winter Warm 100% Pure Cotton Pyjamas (XL, Blue Squares)
Mens Brushed Flannel Winter Warm 100% Pure Cotton Pyjamas (XL, Blue Squares)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 9 Nov. 2015
Bought XL as I am 6' and 13 stone. Very on the large size but like the roominess - although these are very roomy. Nice brushed cotton but a little on the thin side. Then again, you wouldn't want them too thick in bed otherwise you would sweat too much. Fine for padding about the house under a dressing gown on a lazy Sunday in winter.

Eunicell 20 Batteries Blister pack AG13, G13, SR44, LR44, A76, V13GA, PX76A, 357
Offered by Phoenix Power Equipment Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 Nov. 2015
Good value, received in good time.

WHITE PAISLEY BANDANA 100% COTTON
WHITE PAISLEY BANDANA 100% COTTON
Offered by Rocking Party

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - these are not cotton!, 3 July 2014
This review is from: WHITE PAISLEY BANDANA 100% COTTON
Despite the seller assuring me personally that these items are 100% cotton, they are certainly not. They are clearly synthetic, either polyester or viscose or a mix. They are very nasty and cheap-looking, shiny, with a silky feel and, on ironing, charged with static electricity! I wanted these to tie round my neck as I am outside a lot and needed a cheap cotton item to protect my neck and soak up sweat. These will neither keep my neck cool nor soak up sweat. Amazon needs to have a word with the seller and get these items removed from sale.

WeeRide Classic Safe Front Mounted Children's Bike Seat, Ages 1-4
WeeRide Classic Safe Front Mounted Children's Bike Seat, Ages 1-4

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 23 May 2014
This child seat is simple to fit, solid, secure, beautifully designed, strong and lightweight. The fixing bracket is bomb-proof and simple to fix; once fitted, you need not worry about any movement - it's there for good.
But what I like about it more than anything else is that it is a joy to use. My 2-year-old daughter squeals with excitement when I suggest we go for a ride - "Bike! Bike!" - and absolutely loves it from beginning to end. I am sickeningly smug about not driving the 3 miles into town now and the enchanted pointing and cooing and smiles from from young and old alike as we glide gracefully by just makes me want to smile back. It really is a purchase that sows happiness - and this from a normally curmudgeonly old so and so.
If you are in any doubt about a central bike seat for a child, lay your fears to rest and buy one of these. I personally emailed the owner of the company to ask whether it would fit my 20-year-old Kona Fire Mountain and got an email back a few hrs later, late evening on a weekend answering my question directly and politely (it fits 99% of bikes). Stacks more info and pics on the Weeride official website.
If this is the state of British manufacturing, design and service today, we are in a very good place.
...
Update, Oct 2014
5 months on and hours of happy cycling behind us. A ride into the 'countryside' (her favourite new word) is now a hotly anticipated weekly event for LO; last Saturday went 11 miles up and down so I am fitter (although I do make her walk the steep bits). True, the riding position is slightly awkward with knees slightly akimbo but I guess the cruciates are strengthened. My chin knocks the top of her helmet sometimes but she helpfully leans forward. These are slight inconveniences and are far outweighed by the stability, feeling of safety and ease of use, and the closeness of my child to me. Still highly recommended; it's the best child bike seat out there by a country mile.

Black & Decker GT6060 600W 60cm Hedgetrimmer/ 25mm Blade Gap/ Bale Handle Design/ Cable Management

5.0 out of 5 stars B&D GT6060 - a lightweight, solid, powerful and dependable hedgetrimmer, 16 April 2014
An excellent piece of kit which punches far above its weight. I chose this in preference to Bosch elec and 2-stroke Husqvarnas / Stihl / Wolf models due to its lightness, manoeuvrability, 600W power output and good customer testimonials.
Don't be alamed by the slight rake in the blade - I was worried it had been dropped or was faulty, and wrote to this supplier only to have to eat my words 10 minutes later when I read the product details properly to find that it has an angled cutting blade for optimum cut.
Another excellent product from our friends in Baltimore, MD.

White House Down
White House Down
Dvd

1.0 out of 5 stars What? No, what??, 14 Mar. 2014
This review is from: White House Down (DVD)
I can't believe I watched this to the end. Make no mistake, it is drivel. Worse, it is American drivel, made by people who do not understand the world outside the US. It is an insult to the majority of Americans in whose name this is made. Poor acting, scrappy, directionless plotline, motiveless baddies: it's got the lot. Amazing really that they had enough material to stitch this s*** together. But then it was so long and turgid that it wasn't edited was it? Do yourselves a favour. Saw your knees off with a spoon. It's less painful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3