Profile for Stevo > Reviews

Content by Stevo

Stevo

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
How To Be A Landlord: The Definitive Guide to Letting and Managing Your Rental Property
by Rob Dix

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading landlords, 15 May 2017
This book is a must have if you're a landlord or about to become one. Very readable given the dry subject matter. It takes you through the whole process in a very clear step by step manner, laying out exactly what you need to do at each stage. It is packed full of useful advice covering not only the legal necessities (which is a book in itself) but also lots of tips that will save you time, money and trouble in the future. I'd already done bucket loads of research before reading this book, including reading books, going to meet ups, online forums etc. And there's was plenty in it I hadn't even thought about. Worth every penny.

100 Property Investment Tips: Learn from the experts and accelerate your success
by Rob Dix

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for beginners - just buy it!!, 2 Jan. 2017
This isn't a great little book - very readable and makes loads of essential points without going into excessive detail. Just what any newcomer needs and I'd consider this a complete no brainier. Apart from some great advice, many of the points offer links to websites that go into a lot more depth or can help with the particular aspect. I found myself spending half my time registering with suggested website and checking out various property assessment tools and forums that I ovule never have known exist otherwise. As an example in the first chapter you are given a link to register the purchase of this book for which you get a bonus tip sheet which includes details of how to get involved with local networking groups where you can attend free meetings with others trying to do the same and share ideas and advice - something I hadn't even thought of but that could really save a lot of time in terms of research.

You will need to do more than buy this book in terms of research but this will give you the basics and some great advice as to which areas to concentrate on in terms of research and what things to know and what questions to ask etc. I also realised when reading this book, that many of the things I was planning to do for my first purchase amounted to rookie errors so it's nice to be steered in the right direction.

Clevamama ClevaFoam Toddler Pillow
Clevamama ClevaFoam Toddler Pillow

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pillow - our kids love them, 25 Dec. 2016
My daughter loves this pillow, from the first day we got it she seemed to really enjoy lying down on it. We originally had the baby version of this which I would also recommend. Really good quality with a removable cover (although not designed to be a pillow case as such it's still nice to be able to wash the cover that goes over the foam).

May seem a little steep but this is one of those items we haven't regretted buying at all.

You will need to buy the associated pillow covers which are a tad steep at £5 each but would still recommend.

Clevamama Replacement Toddler Pillow Case (Blue)
Clevamama Replacement Toddler Pillow Case (Blue)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good., 25 Dec. 2016
Seems a tad expensive but daughter loves her clevamama pillow and as these seem to be the only cover you can buy to fit the pillow then you don't have much choice. Not amazing quality but good enough and should last a while. Nice design which my daughter seems to appreciate.

J.R. Tailor Fit Car Mat Set, Standard Navy with Black and Pink Striped Trim
J.R. Tailor Fit Car Mat Set, Standard Navy with Black and Pink Striped Trim

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, reasonably priced, 25 Dec. 2016
Great item, not too expensive and fitted my car well. Feels reasonable quality for the price - only had for 2 months so can't comment on wear and tear but seems like they should last a couple of years at least.

Denver DVH-7784 Small Multi Region DVD Player with 1080p Upscaling, HDMI and USB
Offered by 3wisemonkeys

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy, poor quality, 25 Dec. 2016
In view of the price I wasn't expecting the world, but it had a lot of good reviews so thought it would be at least a half decent DVD player. unfortunately not - have to press the buttons a few times sometimes to get the machine to respond to the remote. The biggest gripe, however, is that it is so noisy - the motor is loud and has an annoying vibrating noise as the motor speeds up and slows down. Much much louder than other cheap DVD players I've had in the past and would definitely be annoying every time I play a movie on it.

Tried a few different DVDs to check it wasn't just a poor quality disc but it did this with all of them.

Returned after about 10 minutes use.

PowerLead Cipo PLI001 Wireless Audio Video IP Security Camera Built in Microphone with Pan Tilt Wi-Fi for iPhone iPad Android Phone or PC Remote

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality camera at a very reasonable price., 24 May 2016
I spent quite a while going over reviews as there are plenty of webcams with large amounts of positive reviews behind them and often a big variation in price when on the face of it, they are all very similar. My last webcam was a Foscam I bought for £75 about 4 years ago, which finally gave up after near round the clock usage.

How things have moved on - this one costs half the price, but the picture is great - really clear, good colouring and good resolution. Also the movement is almost completely silent - great for if you are using it as a baby monitor.

Set up: Compared to my earlier model, set up is a breeze. The instructions are step by step and also illustrated with pictures to help you out. Was a fairly painless process to achieve the following:
Connect to your router, input your router name and password.
Download the app onto any devices you want to use (either using QR code or just searching the app name)
Continue set up with the app - includes naming the camera, changing your user and viewer passwords and user names, setting up alarm settings if applicable.
Position in your room of choice and you're away. I was very happy I didn't have to go through the frustrating and time consuming (for a technophobe like me) process of setting up port forwarding and third party DDNS accounts. This time it just worked and before I knew it I was able to remotely view and control the camera easily on any device I installed the app on and had an internet connection.

2 minor gripes I had:
Firstly - you need a ethernet cable to connect directly to your router but one is not supplied - luckily I had the cable from my first unit so wasn't a drama, you can buy a cable for next to nothing but it would have been irritating to have to wait for that to turn up.
Secondly - the password to access the camera is written on the bottom of the camera as "none", which turns out is false. Having tried typing "none" and also leaving the field blank, I started guessing and found the actual default password to be "admin".
But don't let the above put you off as the camera is a very good and easy to operate camera.

I've not tried viewing this on a computer as I have no need to do it so can't comment on that. Also time will tell whether it matches my last camera which operated 24/7 for 4 years but at the moment this looks like an excellent camera. Great quality picture and at a very low price compared to others.

Also I've not tried the email feature yet so can't comment on that as it's a bit more complicated - using your emails log in, and SMTP settings it's probably simple stuff for some but I lost interest at that point. I would assume, though, it is only asking for the same info any other camera would ask for.

Can't comment as to whether it's better or worse than the £70-90 offerings but having bought a relatively cheap one I'm more than happy with the quality and ease of use of this one.

Thermos FUNtainer Food Flask, Floral, 290 ml
Thermos FUNtainer Food Flask, Floral, 290 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - highly recommended, 21 April 2016
Brilliant item - it is basicly a wide necked vacuum flask but it's the perfect size for a baby or toddlers meal and allows us to give them warm lunches or dinners when we're out and about. Very solid and easy to clean. Not much else to say.

JSG Accessories® GU10 5.5W 27 x SMD 5050 LED Super Bright Bulb in Warm White 3200-3500K Perfect for replacing 50W Halogen Bulb
Offered by JSG Accessories

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but doesn't last nearly as long as claimed., 21 April 2016
They are bright and light my kitchen up nicely. They would get a 5 star review if it weren't for their reliability. I bought some of these about 18 months ago, and have had to replace all of them at different times, and one of the replacements also. They do not last 50,000 hours as claimed in the description (at 6 hours a day these should last 25 years!), and in my experience they don't last a year despite their guarantee. I've not tried getting free replacements as I don't keep the box, and at £2.75 it's less hassle just to buy another one rather than trying to use the guarantee for which I wouldn't know where to send them anyway.

Good product, but in everyday use I don't think I've even got 1000 hours out of each one let alone 50,000.

Pogi's Poop Bags - 300 Bags with Easy-Tie Handles - Large, Biodegradable, Scented, Leak-Proof Dog Poo Bags
Offered by Pogi's Pet Supplies United Kingdom

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, no complaints., 21 April 2016
Quite good - they are big enough (I've got a 35kg labrador, and they are easily big enough for his mess) and do the job they were designed for. They work out a little more expensive than another similar competitor but bought these as they went towards the £20 free postage deal. Compared to the ones I normally buy these feel a little thin, although I've not had any split on me and they are certainly stronger than the really cheap ones that come in rolls. Also the handles are a plus, especially if you need to hang it onto your rear windscreen wiper until you drive past a dog bin on the way home!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5