Profile for Liam Palmer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Rich Dad's Advisors: Real Estate Riches
Rich Dad's Advisors: Real Estate Riches
by Dolf De Roos

5.0 out of 5 stars Property Entrpreneurs - keep it on your bedside table!!, 7 Aug. 2002
Having read all of the Rich Dad series I was a little suspect about the "advisor" series. This book, however, is right up there in standard and is well worth the money if you are considering a property investment.
While the Rich Dad series is about attitude, planning and outlook, this book is about practical thoughts on how to tactically implement one part of your Rich Dad plan. The authors' self promotion style (like Kiyosaki's) may be too American for most British folks, but the logical manner that he approaches his subject is deliberate and comprehensive.
I have used the ideas in this book for my ongoing strategic plan and also to come to decision as to my next moves (as I have just completed my third property deal in a year). Many of the suggestions (like the main causes for people needing to move quickly) I recognise from my recent experience and really help to drive increased ROE from each deal.
If you haven't read Rich Dad, Poor dad yet though, may I suggest reading them first - this book covers only one part of a overall waelth plan and without the over-riding strategic plan you would get into the detail too early and miss the big picture.
Well worth it....

Rich Dad's Retire Young, Retire Rich: How to Get Rich Quickly and Stay Rich Forever!
by Robert T. Kiyosaki

5.0 out of 5 stars More great ideas, more great context - huge value for money, 4 April 2002
This fourth book in the main series follows through the logical progression from 'taking care of your business' to retiring and doing what you want to do full time. Some people in the UK may find Robert Kiyosaki's American enthusiasm and repetitive writing style a bit hard to take - just stick with it and realise that making money is something that Americans do better then us! Others may say that you 'can't do those things here' - may I suggest to them that they need new advisors as I have not had any problems in implementing these ideas. I would read 'Rich Dad Poor Dad' and 'Cashflow Quadrant' before this book - could be a bit much at once otherwise.
The big gain from this, as with all the books, is the sense of challenge and attitude that comes across. Combined with the specific ideas for action and areas to think about Robert is able to lead you towards acheiving your financial goals, whatever they are.
Retiring before 45 is a dream that most us share, but few think is possible. I would rate these four books as being of equal value in helping me to be on track to reach this goal (despite having started at 31 years old), as my MBA. The MBA tells me how, Rich Dad helps me think of why, when and what.
The true value of these books is really demonstrated by their life expectancy on my book shelf at home. I have leant a number of copies of Rich Dad Poor Dad to friends and family, none of which have ever been returned! Since then my sister is now starting her own company and writing a book and friends have made some very profitable moves into property investment. None of these people, including myself, talked about such things before reading Robert's books.
Buy this book. Read it. then hide it and re-read it every few months - if you don't you will probably find that it disappears and those close to you start to have more money in their pockets!
A real delight.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money - That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing - Buy it NOW!, 8 Feb. 2001
I have just finished an MBA and I have learnt more from this series of books than the entire course. An Australian friend of mine here in the UK has lived by them for a number of years and has the most amazing amount of capital (and yes I am jealous!). Buy it, read it, follow it. If anyone says that you can't do it in the UK IGNORE THEM - you can do it here or anywhere just go learn about the tax system, speak to an accountant or a proffessional in the field you are investigating.

Rich Dad Poor Dad Part II - Rich Dad's Cash Flow Quadrant (Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom)

5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning sequal to Rich Dad Poor Dad, 8 Feb. 2001
This is the what to think about after the wake up call of Rich Dad Poor Dad. Even though I have just finished an MBA this series of books has altered the was that I look at the future in a fundemental way - I have even set up my own company, learnt how the tax system works and invested in property because of it (after a lot of work). Even my wife is reading it and she loves it - making it the first business book that she has ever read! Read Rich Dad Poor Dad first and this one will get you out of bed and thinking!

The Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in That the Poor Do Not!

5.0 out of 5 stars The conclusion of an amazing three part series, 8 Feb. 2001
This book is the end of the Rich Dad series and it would be a big mistake to try to read it without having first read Rich Dad Poor Dada and Cashflow Quadrant - you just wouldn't understand the big picture. This one gets into the fine detail a bit but has some great methods for thinking about businesses and investing and I learnt a lot from it (and I've got an MBA!). Probably of most use for those who have spent a few years working through the first two books but well worth a read (and constant re-read)!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3