Profile for Pete Carroll > Reviews

Content by Pete Carroll

Pete Carroll "The Pabster" (Murcia, S.E Spain)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Braun Oral-B Professional Care 1000 One-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush (Packaging Varies)

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS is the model you want!, 5 April 2012
Ignore all the gimicky more expensive models - this one rotates at the same speed, accepts the same brush heads, and get the job done. The 1000 model - look no further! (One BIG advantage is that for the 1st time in my life I'm actually brushing my teeth for 2-3 mins effortlessly, as opposed to the 30 seconds I put in with a regular brush - gotta be a good thing).

Oakley E FRAME Snow Goggle Matte Black with Dual Vented Persimmon lens 02-416 Black - Persimmon - Adult

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bargain., 5 April 2012
Great product for price - doesnt steam up, and my 12 yr old says they're very comfortable. Large headed people beware - they're quite small, i.e NOT for a large bloke. Very good entry level goggles indeed.

Griffin PowerJolt Dual In-Car Charger Compatible with iPhone 3/3GS/4/4S and iPod (1 Amp x 2 USB) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've had., 5 April 2012
Connects solidly to the phone - my overwhelming request after the last one I had (different make) needed endless fiddling to make sure it was indeed charging. Well made - a tad more expensive than the rest, but worth it, I'd say.

Juice Pack Universal Reserve 1000 Mah External Portable Battery
Juice Pack Universal Reserve 1000 Mah External Portable Battery

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably a reasonable buy..., 5 April 2012
I havent owned another example of these spare iPhone batteries, so I can't compare. This one will give my iPhone4 a 60-70% charge. It will do this only once, fully charged itself. For some reason I expected more. I would have said the build quality was good, but for one niggle: to connect with the phone there's a button you push down, allowing the iphone charge-head to come out. On mine it comes out with a horrible grinding sensation. (BTW, the torch is entirely unnecessary.) All said and done it DOES charge as if connected to a computer, and the connection is solid (there's no fiddling to make sure it's connected properly). A tad expensive, but I'm happy with it...happy, not over the moon.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2012 11:13 AM BST

Terrain Kids Skull And Cross Bones Watch Akb-03 With Dog Tag Set
Terrain Kids Skull And Cross Bones Watch Akb-03 With Dog Tag Set

1.0 out of 5 stars A true dud., 23 Feb. 2012
Badly made - unlikely to last 24hrs. A total waste of money. Guaranteed disappointment. Can't imagine how they think they'll get away with it really.

6Pk Canon Compatible Bci-15 Black/Colour Ink Cartridges Pixma Ip90 Series I70...

3.0 out of 5 stars possibly not so good...., 2 Mar. 2011
I HAVE recommended these in the past, but the last batch has been disapointing - they run out very quickly and give terrible printing results. There's a very small chance it's my printer, but I doubt it - it's a canon iP90 - a top of the range portable printer. I wouldn't buy this product again - the colour cartridges are hopeless. It's very annoying as this product used to be a great bargain.

Nov 2012 update. Have upped the star rating as have since purchased official cartriges and getting similar lousy print copy. The question now is....have the cheaper cartriges clogged up what was a superb printer? It would be unfair to aportion blame though, at the moment. I'd still be wary....

Apple iPod classic 160GB - Black - 6th Generation
Apple iPod classic 160GB - Black - 6th Generation

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply tremendous...if it didn't crash every few hours..., 12 Oct. 2010
Bought thru amazon and the ipod quickly developed a couple of faults (battery didnt hold charge and it inexplicably jumped the 1st track of various albums) and amazon replaced it as quickly and professionally as you would expect. The ipod is brilliant, amazon's service unbeatable....would that everything were this rewarding.

May 2011 - have to revise review - had 2 of these ipods and have had to return both. They crash, they block & they fail: you spend your life rebooting it. I've read it's one of the few ipods with internal moving parts - i'm not sure on this, but it may be the reason. I DO know my original 30gb ipod classic has been a trusty companion for over 5 yrs. I would say DON'T BUY till they have these problems sorted (though if you do, make sure it's with amazon - for you will surely be returning it!).

Altec Lansing inMotion IMT702 Max - 30 Pin Connector - Black
Altec Lansing inMotion IMT702 Max - 30 Pin Connector - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but with a few annoying niggles, 9 Oct. 2010
The Altec Lansing IMT 702 is a great buy if you want fine looking docking station to sit in the loo or kitchen shelf. It would be WAY too small for a living room. This update on the IM600 chucks out noticeably more sound and is much less prone to distort when cranked up (I had the Mumfords on full blast this morning in the shower and couldn't have asked for a better, richer sound). On these strenghts alone I'm glad I bought it. However, there are some niggles which WILL annoy:

1. The radio no longer comes with a built in antenna, rather a really annoying lenght of plastic string which proves hopelessly ineffective at picking up a station (i.e DON'T buy the dock if radio is an important feature to you)

2. It comes with unmarked fittings for various ipods none of which seem to fit. You end up putting the ipod directly on the little metal plug which hopefully will take the stain.

3. The actual docking area slides out of the main casing, but doesn't lock in position, so if you touch the ipod the thing starts to slide back in the casing. This means the ipod touches the case and vibrates terribly.

4. The dials are now touch-sensitive instead of the little buttons on the previous 600 model. This IS a pain in the neck: every time you move the machine you inadvertently change either the mode, volume etc. That said, the remote is very good.

In summary - I'm glad I've got it - it sounds great, and was a good deal with amazon. If I never move it from the loo again, and use it only with the remote I will be very happy. Problem is I bought it to move to/from the loo-kitchen....all those above niggles promise to drive me mad from time to time.

But it DOES sound really good!

Family Guy - Season 6 [DVD]
Family Guy - Season 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Seth MacFarlane

5.0 out of 5 stars Close to the bone...and why not?, 10 April 2010
This review is from: Family Guy - Season 6 [DVD] (DVD)
I often watch this series with my son aged 11. We both find that a Family Guy episode or 2 a day is essential to our general equilibrium. I've noticed that, by definition, he doesn't "get" the adult jokes. He doesn't even register the humor and /or dialogue. It's auto-censorship of a kind. He loves the slapstick, the absurd image, the talking dog etc, and I enjoy the ridiculously over the top dark humor and sub-text. I really don't think there's any reason to rush for the off button if Family Guy is on and there are kids around: They don't get the darker stuff. They remain completely untouched by it. It's a great series...wonderfully irreverent.

Have One On Me
Have One On Me

5.0 out of 5 stars An album to get truly & happily lost in., 28 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Have One On Me (Audio CD)
Joanna's album is just immense. It's utterly painterly....the deepest textures, colours. There are beautiful melodic twists and surprises everywhere. And they are really the most unique & engaging melodies I've heard in a long time. Tom Waits & Jeff Buckley meet Fiona Apple/Kate Bush & Ani di Franco.... And the percussion...vast...mad...chunky....there are anvils & whipped banjos, clanging, banging and lizard hissing.... percussive madness...and it's just marvellous - you can dip behind Joanna's voice and alluring lyrics and ride along with it. Layers...this album is just layer upon layer of artistic brilliance. Indeed this album is so absolutely brilliant I'm actually going to physically buy it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4