Profile for A. Whitfield > Reviews

Content by A. Whitfield

A. Whitfield "Witters" (West Yorkshire)

Jekyll & Hyde
Jekyll & Hyde

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff., 6 July 2013
This review is from: Jekyll & Hyde (MP3 Download)
This is a great start for J&H and is now one of my favourite songs. Great vocals and some top guitar.

Madeleine
Madeleine
by Kate McCann

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting, 15 May 2011
This review is from: Madeleine (Hardcover)
In my opinion this is a well written and honest account of a truly tragic story. I sincerely hope that Madeleine is found soon and wish the McCann family well. If only there was something we could actually do to help, as well as contributing to the fund.

Bleak House (BBC) [Blu-ray] [2005] [Region Free]
Bleak House (BBC) [Blu-ray] [2005] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Gillian Anderson

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 25 Nov. 2009
I have never been a fan of period dramas and bought this on a whim. I thought I'd give it a couple of episodes and sell it on. Ended up watching it in 2 nights. Superbly made with stellar acting. Highly recommended.

The Hollow Of Morning
The Hollow Of Morning

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank You Gemma., 16 July 2008
This review is from: The Hollow Of Morning (Audio CD)
I have looked forward to this album for what feels like eons. I bought Gemma's first album after reading a review in the Sunday Times (I think!) whilst on holiday in Scotland. By the time I went home I was hooked. Similarly "The Roads Don't Love You" was instantly memorable. Different to "Night On My Side" but still superb.

When I first got "The Hollow Of Morning" I admit to being disappointed. It was over in a flash and didn't seem to have much body to it. After repeated listenings I have come to love it. It's totally unique amongst any other album I own. Beautiful lyrics combine with breathtaking vocals amongst fine musicianship. Gemma must have gone through a harrowing time to come up with these songs. I can think of no other set of songs that sound so personal, yet could apply to most of us at some time during our lives.

I look forward to her next acoustic album - due at the end of 2008 I believe. If it's halfway as good as this I can't wait.

Stairway to Heaven: "Led Zeppelin" Uncensored
Stairway to Heaven: "Led Zeppelin" Uncensored
by Richard Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Hugely enjoyable read - straight from the horse's mouth., 23 Dec. 2003
This book arrived at 9.30 in the morning. By 6pm I had finished it. I just could not put it down. Wether the tales told within are entirely accurate is open for debate. Certainly Jimmy Page has rubbished most if it. Then again, if it were all true, he would wouldn't he!
As a huge Zeppelin fan I have read dozens of books on the band and this has to be the most enjoyable. Richard Cole comes across as a loveable rogue, which is probably far from the truth. His descriptions of events that happened 30 years and more ago are vivid in the least. It makes you wonder how he remembers it all if he was as hammered as he says he was during the band's touring days.
Still I highly recommend it. True or not it's a great wallow in the nostalgia of Zeppelin's hayday.