Profile for Daniel > Reviews

Content by Daniel

Daniel

CCL Cobra 700 Gaming PC - 3.6GHz Intel Core i7-7700 Quad Core CPU (4.2GHz turbo) with 6GB GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics, 16GB of 2133MHz DDR4 RAM, No Optical Drive,240GB SSD & 2TB HDD, 300Mbps Wi-Fi - Windows 10 Home - 3 Year Collect & Return Warranty (Windows 10)
Offered by CCL Computers
Price: £1,070.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Runs Flawlessly!, 18 July 2017
Having owned my previous computer for almost 8 years (Which was only a mid level machine even back then) I was long overdue an upgrade, and so I saved for most of the year with the intention of investing in something a little more high spec this time around, and I ended up purchasing this machine.

What can I say? It runs like an absolute dream, after a couple of weeks putting the computer through its paces I have yet to play a game I cannot run comfortably on maxed out/ultra settings (games I've tested so far include Rise of the Tomb Raider, DOOM, The Witcher III, Fallout 4 (Heavily Modded), Metro 2033 Redux, The Phantom Pain, and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter to name a few). Also of note is the added SSD drive, something which I have had no previous experience with, and I didn't realise just how much faster they are compared to a standard hard drive, I can now turn on my computer and be booted up and ready to play in under 10 seconds, which is not something I am used too.

Another thing that surprised me (given how many fans are inside it) is how quietly the computer runs compared to my old PC. It is by no means silent but you probably wont notice the noise unless you are actively trying to listen for it. Overall I am super happy with the performance of the computer, and happy with the purchase.

Oral-B Pro 2000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Powered by Braun, Ships with a UK 2 Pin Plug

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse than toothache!, 5 Feb. 2017
This is the first and last electric toothbrush I will ever own, as it has been nothing of a pain in the nec... er.. tooth.

I ordered one just before Christmas, expecting it to be usable right out of the box, however this is a foreign import that requires an EU travel adapter to plug into a UK mains socket.

No big deal I thought, I will just continue to use my old brush and pick up an adapter after the holidays, which two to three weeks ago I did.

Unfortunately, although it was great for the first couple of weeks, it has now stopped holding its charge, and I can not get more than 15-20 seconds of use out of it before the battery dies.

In addition to this, because of the holidays, and the delay getting an adapter, the returns period has now passed, so despite only getting a couple of weeks of use out of the item, I cannot even exchange it for a non-faulty one.

Should have just kept to brushing the old fashioned way, rather than flush my money down the toilet.

Waterproof US Army Hooded Ripstop Festival Rain Poncho Military Camping Hiking
Waterproof US Army Hooded Ripstop Festival Rain Poncho Military Camping Hiking
Offered by Top-Designer-Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was after!, 24 Jan. 2016
I picked up this Poncho as I work outdoors a lot, regardless of the weather, and my old waterproof coat and pants often left me sweating so much that I was just as wet underneath them by the time I got home.

The Poncho has been fantastic, it keeps me dry and is large and loose enough to allow air to circulate, stopping me from overheating and sweating profusely as I would in standard waterproof clothing. It is also spacious enough to wear a back pack underneath, keeping my possessions dry during a heavy downpour.

AS/A-Level Physical Education: Anatomy and Exercise Physiology Flash Revise Pocketbook
by Graham Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking little revision tool., 24 Jan. 2016
I purchased this a couple of years back now, when I began a Gym Instructors course at college to help practice for my Anatomy and Physiology exam. Whilst not all of the questions were relevant to my course, the vast majority were, and the book proved invaluable as I ended up passing the exam with 100%

Since then I have completed my Personal Training Course and began and Exercise Science degree, and even now I still find my self flicking through it and testing my self from time to time. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is required to undertake an exercise related Anatomy and Physiology test.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Tight and Restrictive., 24 Jan. 2016
These T-Shirts are very tight (Or at least mine was, I ordered a medium but it felt more like a small) I'd recommend ordering one size larger than you actually require.

Polar M400 GPS Watch with Heart Rate Monitor - Black
Polar M400 GPS Watch with Heart Rate Monitor - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the investment!, 24 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Polar M400 GPS Watch (Sports)
I've had my Polar M400 and heart rate monitor for a few weeks now and I could not be happier! Doing an Exercise Science degree, I have a keen interest and appreciation for heart rate training, and this watch does everything I could have wanted, and more!

The Polar Flow software is fantastic, not only does it log all of your workouts (Calories burned, distanced covered, speed, heart rate, pace etc), the GPS overlays them onto a map for you, for better analysis, breaking the sessions into even more detail. You can see exactly where your fastest mile was, at what point your heart was working at its hardest etc. There are also tools that will tell you exactly how long you have spent in each heart rate zone either in any individual training session, or on average throughout all of your sessions.

Finally the diary records all your activity and training sessions, allowing you to go back to earlier sessions and compare them with your latest workouts, so you can gauge any improvements in your fitness. You can even use the diary to download a video break down, which uses google maps, and google street view to relive each session, and share them with friends via social media if you are so inclined.

********IMPORTANT NOTE*******

There is one poor design flaw with the watch, the USB port which is used to both charge the watch and sync your date with the Polar Flow software, is located directly on the base of the watch. The problem with this is that sweat builds up in this port (Which is fully water proof) during training, and the salt in your sweat rusts the circuits, eventually rendering the watch useless. Other reviewers have reported this happening within as little as two weeks!

However Polar recommend rinsing out the USB port with clean water after every session (again it is fully waterproof), and allowing to air dry completely. Doing this every day I have had no problems with my watch (And I sweat profusely during training!). A good tip I have found is to roll a piece of toilet or tissue paper into a tapered point and dab this into the USB port after each cleaning. The tissue will wick away any water or built up moisture in the port almost immediately leaving it dry and ready to use again.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2016 6:33 PM BST

York Fitness 5 Seat Position Bench
York Fitness 5 Seat Position Bench

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value sturdy bench (200kg limit)., 19 Oct. 2012
I just picked up this bench as a recent change in work hours means I can no longer hit the Gym as often as I would like, and so I thought I'd invest in some equipment for home. I have to say, I was sceptical at first due to the low price (was reduced to 74.99 at the time of purchase), but I'm thrilled with it, good quality at a bargain.

The bench is robust and sturdy, easy to assemble and great value for money. The bench is also suitable for loads of upto 200kg including body weight (Amazon doesnt mention this rather important tidbit in the item description for some reason).

One thing I should point out however is the bench seems ever so slightly smaller than a typical commercial gym bench, though the difference is barely noticable after a while. Finally the built in dumbell holders are very small, and seem to be designed with those little colourful plastic ladies dumbells in mind. They are flimsy (I bent one with my hand accidentally), and ugly. You would certainly struggle to holster most standard dumbells in them.

Overall I'm happy, it does exactly what its supposed to, and was half the price of some of the comparable models.