Profile for Eleanor Fielding > Reviews

Content by Eleanor Fielding

Eleanor Fielding "Eleanor Fielding" (Buckinghamshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Sleeping It Off in Rapid City
Sleeping It Off in Rapid City
by August Kleinzahler

5.0 out of 5 stars Given as a gift to a poet friend - he ..., 25 May 2016
Given as a gift to a poet friend - he loves it.

Rovers Rovers, Unisex Adults' Ankle Boots, Black (Schwarz), 6.5 UK (40 EU)
Rovers Rovers, Unisex Adults' Ankle Boots, Black (Schwarz), 6.5 UK (40 EU)
Offered by Schuhfachmann

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful supercalifragalistic boots!, 25 Jan. 2016
Absolutely fabulous boots! Really good quality leather, lined with fleece and leather, very comfortable and very sturdy.

I'm a woman, usually take a size 7/40 but in these I take a 6/39. I tried a variety of ways to fasten these gorgeous boots and settled on leaving laces tied and just using both zips to put them on and take them off. Love the zips; they're a fantastic design feature.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Mensa Puzzle Challenge
Mensa Puzzle Challenge
by Robert Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Moserate Puzzles, 20 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Mensa Puzzle Challenge (Paperback)
I found this book a bit too easy so I'll be looking for something more complicated next time. The puzzles are slightly repetitive with the same designs appearing throughout the book getting more difficult as the book progresses. I think they could best be described as easy to moderate puzzles

Sterling Silver Turquoise square Stud Earrings - SIZE:6mm. Gift Boxed
Sterling Silver Turquoise square Stud Earrings - SIZE:6mm. Gift Boxed

5.0 out of 5 stars Check the measurements, 20 Dec. 2015
Beautiful Silver turquoise earrings - they are small, but that is what I wanted. Exactly as described and delivered quickly.

El Naturalista Tricot, Women's Ankle Boots, Black, 7 UK (40 EU)
El Naturalista Tricot, Women's Ankle Boots, Black, 7 UK (40 EU)
Offered by jellyegg

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but weirdly balanced shoes, 16 Dec. 2015
Beautiful well-made high quality boots with full-thickness leather (footwear manufactures now split leather into three layers and if you look at very cheap leather shoes/handbags you can see that a thin layer of leather has been bonded onto a man-made material).

I phave another pair of el Naturista shoes and those shoes and these boots both had the same problem for me; the designer seems to imagine the future wearer to be flat footed and is compensating for that. The boots seem to throw my weight onto the outside edge of the shoe instead of centred over the shoe. . Consequent I found these very difficult to walk in and so sent them back. A real shame because they are beautiful.

Unibos Self Heating Pet Pad Cat/Dog Bed - Medium
Unibos Self Heating Pet Pad Cat/Dog Bed - Medium
Offered by 2fit Your Fitness Partner

3.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money but delivered quickly, 16 Dec. 2015
The surface of this is a fake sheepskin, but my cat liked it anyway so that aspect of the item is good. However, the insulating layer that is meant to make the pad self-heating is not soft and flexible but moderately stiff and so crackles and rustles which scared my cat away. In the end I cut out the self-heating sheet (not sure it was very effective anyway) but my cat remains scared and won't go near it. So it was a waste of money. .

GrassVillage® Aluminum Credit Card Holder Wallet Pocket Aluminium Case Box Credit Card Protection Waterproof Case (Purple)
Offered by PANAAZ FASHION

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 16 Dec. 2015
I bought one of these and dropped it and the catch broke. I ordered a second one and the catch broke on my first shopping trip. These are cheap and cheerful, and not very reliable.

AkPharma Prelief 300 Tablets
AkPharma Prelief 300 Tablets
Offered by UK Health

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 26 Nov. 2015
I bought these because I have chronic cystitis and my GP recommended the low acid diet. These tablets seem to make no difference to what I can eat, so I cannot recommend them. However, I do have food allergies and intolerances so I may not be representative of cystitis sufferers generally.

PIXNOR 25pcs Plastic Empty Sewing Machine Bobbins Spools with Storage Case for Brother Janome Singer Elna
Offered by Lineswish

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent storage solution, 17 Nov. 2015
These 25 bobbins are colour coded which is particularly useful because it allows you to use them for different types and weights of thread. I use them for: all purpose thread, cotton thread, embroidery thread, top stitch thread and gold/silver thread where the bobbin is going to provide the right side thread.

Although they look cheap and cheerful these bobbins do fit my Janone Memory craft machine perfectly and present no problems in use.

However the main attraction for me was the storage box. Over the years I've tried a variety of storage solutions for the problem of owning dozens of different bobbins and ultimately feel that any kind of box is better than the Clover stacking system or the circular tray. This box has a lid which clicks shut and doesn't open if dropped by mistake- that alone makes this a great buy. If you have bobbins strewn across your sewing table, stored on your machine or if they're haphazardly sitting in a saucer or scrambled up together inside a kitchen bowl then this cost-effective box with free bobbins is the solution fo unraveling bobbins; its
function as an everyday sturdy, neat and tidy thread keeper cannot be beaten.

Stabilo Pencil High-quality FSC-compliant with Eraser HB Ref 4904/hb [Pack 12]
Stabilo Pencil High-quality FSC-compliant with Eraser HB Ref 4904/hb [Pack 12]

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pencils on Amazon, 17 Oct. 2015
I use pencils for crosswords and drawing and I've tried a great many different brands. One of the most common problems with other brands - especially Helix, is that the lead is either broken when you buy them or they break in the pencil sharpener. In some brands between half and three quarters of the pencil is lost to broken leads.

These pencils have never, in my experience, had broken leads and nor do they breaks in the pencil sharpener. That alone makes them a Best Buy. The price at just over 50p a pencil is great too.

My overall view - DON'T buy anything else.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6