Profile for Dr. L. Pierpoint > Reviews

Content by Dr. L. Pierpoint

Dr. L. Pierpoint

Simenon Omnibus: No. 8 (Penguin crime fiction)
Simenon Omnibus: No. 8 (Penguin crime fiction)
by Georges Simenon

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 14 Sept. 2014
Rather used

The Young and the Hopeless
The Young and the Hopeless
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars So they're not punk..., 29 Sept. 2004
Okay, I know this isn't the best album in the world and Good Charlotte aren't the best band on earth BUT The Young and The Hopeless has some very good songs on it. Hold on is probably the best example, this is an incredible song and the video was heartbreaking.
A lot of the people on here that gave it 1 star all seem to have the same problem with it: It's not punk. Well, that's because Good Charlotte aren't punk (they've said so themselves) but why's that a reason not to buy the album?
They might not be punk, but so what, that doesn't make them any less of a good band. It's a worthwhile album to buy, Hold On is reason enough, but there are other great songs on here.
Give it a go.

Transformers: Season 2.2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Frank Welker
Offered by SKYETORI

5.0 out of 5 stars best show ever, 17 Jun. 2004
transformers is so cool it must be the best show i seen in ages so buy it

II
II

3.0 out of 5 stars biggest follow-up album let down...., 6 Jun. 2004
This review is from: II (Audio CD)
I'm a huge fan of The Calling. Their last album is at the top of my cd rack and always in my cd player, so I was really excited to hear they were releasing another album. As it turns out, this album, in my opinion, does not live up to the last.
Some of the songs are really lovely, Surrender, one by one and dreaming in red are the highlights of the album. The low points being the lead single, Our lives, and Your Hope. A lot of the songs sound the same and the decent songs only just make this a 3 star album.
Maroon 5's debut album which i bought last week will be spending a lot more time in my cd player than The Calling's latest outing.
Compared to their last album, a big let down.

Best of Monopoly Tycoon
Best of Monopoly Tycoon
Offered by trguk

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the rest, 4 Oct. 2003
I found Monopoly Tycoon had excellent graphics for being 2 or 3 years old. Next I`m going to tell you about the way I liked how they did the points of the board. They were easy to find.
You can also play on the internet and vs up to 5 other people.
Next we move to levels of difficulty. There are 3 levels of difficulty. One level which is my favourite is called First to be Mayor. It is one of the best ever levels.
Monopoly Tycoon is so much better then Business Tycoon. That is the end of my review. Thank you.

Freedom Force Classic
Freedom Force Classic

5.0 out of 5 stars greatest game ever, 2 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Freedom Force Classic (Video Game)
I found Freedom Force really entertaining. I think the graphics were really good for a 2002 game. I say freedom force was one of the best games i have ever bought and i would recommend it for comic book readers.
Now i`m going to move on to the Heroes but i shan`t go into detail about heroes. The ones on the cover are manbot and el diablo, next the ant and then the alche-miss but finally the leader of the team MinuteMan
Now we move to multi-player mode but i haven`t actually vs anyone yet. Buti think this would be really exciting. But if anyone gets this game they will have to have internet connections. I hope you like this review. Thank you.

The Simpsons Road Rage
The Simpsons Road Rage

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game ever, 9 July 2003
When I started playing this game I thought it was going to be quite boring.However when I got into it it was really quite good because you win loads of different cars to use in the game.My favourite mode to use in it is the sunday drive mode which allows you to explore.The good character to use is bart because he gets the best car of all.It is a hard game to complete but it does keep you amused.I know this has nothing to do with the actual game but the console I would choose to play it on is the gameboy advance sp and also 1 to 2 players mode is good too.