Profile for I. Gordon > Reviews

Content by I. Gordon

I. Gordon

Learning: How To Become a Genius & Expert In Any Subject With Accelerated Learning (Accelerated Learning - Learn Faster -How To Learn - Make It Stick - Brain Training)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very good., 5 Nov. 2015
Very poor. Would not recommend.
Too light on content.
Just not very good and no evidence that author has used any of the techniques.
Debunking the 10,000 hours was explained very poorly.
The idea of becoming a expert in 20 hours is also explained by Josh Kaufman in his book The First 20 Hours far better.

The First 20 Hours: How to Learn Anything ... Fast
The First 20 Hours: How to Learn Anything ... Fast
by Josh Kaufman

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but felt something lacking, 30 Jun. 2013
As I think another reviewer has put the first 3 chapters of theis book are excellent and if the book had stayed in a similiar vein I would rate this book as a 5 star for anyone who would like a counter-point of the view of the 10,000 hours of practice is required to master a skill or subject (which I know is a often misquoted fact).
That as its basic premise the author hits the target but its afterwards the 6 or so chapters where it was suppose to demonstrate pratical application that I felt the book falters.
To be fair he ably demonstrates the emotional effort required to learn a skill that means normally most give up when the going gets tough which he had explained very well as a basic tenet in the first quarter of the book but I struggled to carry on charging through the book with the same momentum I had built up at the beginning.
I still think a very good book and provideds a very good way to build confidence in tackling something new, just think future readers need to be prepared to change gear 4th chapter onwards and that is why I have given 4 out of 5.

Bank of Dave: How I Took On the Banks
Bank of Dave: How I Took On the Banks
by Dave Fishwick

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, real eye opener, 30 July 2012
Read this book in one night. Very uplifting and at the same time very informative.
Especially liked Dave punchy approach and never quit attitude, this really came through in his style of writing.
He has a knack of cutting through the BS which I admire greatly.
Following the story of this bank with heart with great interest.
Keep going mate!

Golds Gym Wrist Curl Exerciser
Golds Gym Wrist Curl Exerciser
Offered by Workout For Less Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with the service, 11 Jun. 2012
Very happy with speed of service and how well it was wrapped.
Product works well and I have no complaints.