Profile for Marylounelson > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Reborn
Reborn

1.0 out of 5 stars Really boring read, 1 Oct. 2016
This review is from: Reborn (Kindle Edition)
'I'm not one to bleat on about the past' says Katie price. Possibly the most ironic statement ever made as the past is all this book focuses on - namely her husbands affairs.
I've read all of her autobiographies and usually really enjoy reading them as they are varied and interesting but this one - I almost gave up half way through. The whole book focuses on Kieran and his affairs. THE WHOLE BOOK! Every chapter brings it up. It gets really boring. A really disappointing read.

Shave My Spider! A six-month adventure around Borneo, Vietnam, Mongolia, China, Laos and Cambodia

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed so much my waters almost broke!, 23 Jun. 2016
So I read a lot of books!
At least 3 a week and a bit more at the moment as I'm on maternity leave. And the shame but I hardly ever leave reviews unless a book has REALLY made an impact. This book certainly did.
My husband even moved rooms one night when I was reading it as I literally couldn't stop laughing and had tears rolling down my face. Tony has the same sense of humour as Bill Bryson in my opinion and I love Brysons books. It's also jam packed with facts which I found really interesting without being boring. My worry and I'll be honest, is that it takes Tony too long to write his books! I can't wait until he and Roo have kids because I just know the kids will be going on these crazy travels with them and then the fun will really kick in. I've read all his other books and to be honest they have gotten funnier as each book has been released. I'm aiming to have baby number two in about 3 years so If you could aim to release the next book then, I would be a very happy lady!!!

Playing with Fire
Playing with Fire

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me unfortunately, 8 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Playing with Fire (Kindle Edition)
I'm so sad to be writing this review as I normally love Tess Gerritsen but I really didn't enjoy this book. I just felt it was all very rushed and predictable. Whilst the premise of the story sounded interesting, it developed into a completely different kind of book. I would have liked more character development as just as I was starting to care for the characters, the story veered off to something else. Really disappointed. I think she should have either stuck with the thriller theme or developed the Holcaust story further instead of mixing the two
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 11, 2015 11:23 PM GMT

TeckNet Twin Mains Plug-in Wireless Cordless Doorbell Door Chime at 500-feet Range with LED Indicator over 52 Chimes
Offered by Innovation Goal UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish I'm afraid, 25 Oct. 2015
We have been using this for a few months now and I've just had to unplug them. They go off at random times (scaring me to death in the middle of the night) and whenever the neighbours lock or unlock their car the doorbell goes off. They also changed the doorbell tone all on their own.

Being Mortal: Illness, Medicine and What Matters in the End (Wellcome)
Being Mortal: Illness, Medicine and What Matters in the End (Wellcome)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 25 Oct. 2015
Absolutely fantastic . The best book I've read this year and I read a lot of books!

The Atlantis Gene (The Origin Mystery Book 1)
The Atlantis Gene (The Origin Mystery Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read but you have to concentrate on the scientific parts!, 25 Oct. 2015
I really enjoyed this book but it does have a lot of scientific jargon in it which is hard to grasp at times and I admit to skipping a few pages when it got very technical. Great concept and I'm just about to start the next book in the trilogy.

The Road to Little Dribbling: More Notes from a Small Island (Bryson)
The Road to Little Dribbling: More Notes from a Small Island (Bryson)

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud, 25 Oct. 2015
I loved this book. Bryson had me laughing out loud on more than one occasion - strange really as when he is interviewed he comes across as a very boring, unfunny man. Anyway I've always loved his books. I love all the strange, interesting facts he puts in his books and in my opinion, he summed up Britain very well. Great read !

MOROCCANOIL Intense Hydrating Mask 500ml / 16.9 oz
MOROCCANOIL Intense Hydrating Mask 500ml / 16.9 oz
Offered by LookBeautiful

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 7 Mar. 2014
Love love love this product!!!! Amazing for dry curly hair and smells divine! Will definitely be buying it again !

The Farm
The Farm

1.0 out of 5 stars Hated it, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Farm (Kindle Edition)
I loved Tom Rob Smiths other books which is why I bought this one but I wish I hadn't bothered. A really boring book and when I had finished reading it I wondered what the point to it was. The ending was particularly rubbish. Not impressed.

The Complete Liveship Traders Trilogy: Ship of Magic, The Mad Ship, Ship of Destiny

5.0 out of 5 stars Love love love!, 7 Mar. 2014
If you loved Robin Hobb's other books then You will love this series too. I want to read them all over again. I absolutely love her writing!!!

Page: 1 | 2