Profile for Mr. Sj Cousins > Reviews

Content by Mr. Sj Cousins

Mr. Sj Cousins "cousins93" (Walsall)

Rayman 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
Rayman 3D (Nintendo 3DS)

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it if you haven't played Rayman 2 before., 5 Nov. 2011
To be clear, this is a port of Rayman 2, a game which is roughly 10 years old. I never played it back when it was first released. I had a Ps1 I could have played it on, but I guess I was put off by how incredibly hard I found Rayman 1, and expected the same of this.

Since then, I learned it was a critically well acclaimed game in its time, and wasn't as hard as the original. I decided it would be worth getting with my 3DS. It wasn't the ideal choice of game to get with the 3DS, but it was the best game that the Gamestation in my town was offering in a bundle.

The game isn't not outstanding, but is worthwhile if you've never played it before. A disappointment is that the game is a little too easy. It took me a week and a half to beat the game and almost 15 hours of gameplay from it.

There were a couple of points where I was completely stumped for what to do. I was told to go to a particular stage in a cutscene, but didn't properly pay attention, so I didn't know what had been said. It doesn't help that in this version of the game, the name of the stage doesn't appear when you choose it on the map screen, so you don't know what stage it is until you enter. The same is the case if you want to collect every last "lum" in the game (which leads to full completion). You don't know if you've got all the lums in a stage until you enter it. This was incredibly annoying. I don't know if this was a problem in older versions, but it would have been an improvement if it could be displayed on the map screen.

Like I pointed out already, this is a port of a game which is roughly 10 years old. The graphics don't show what the 3DS is capable of. It would have been nice to see some improvement over the original, but it is just a straight port with the addition of 3D. The 3D can sometimes be great, but suffers a lot of the time from slight ghosting. I haven't noticed this in any other games. On occasion, the camera can cause you to be unable to see properly, but it isn't often enough to be a huge problem.

In short, this is just another port of Rayman 2. If you've played Rayman 2 before, this isn't worth it, unless you really must see the game in 3D. For new players, it is worthwhile, especially at the £15 that Amazon are currently charging.

Genuine Sony Ericsson W200i UK 3 Pin Mains Charger CST-60
Genuine Sony Ericsson W200i UK 3 Pin Mains Charger CST-60

5.0 out of 5 stars It works and thats all it needs to do., 22 Nov. 2009
Perfect. I had bought a replacement charger when my first broke, and that replacement charger broke as well.

This one is an official Sony Ericcson charger and had no problems with it.

Nexxus Mains Charger for Sony Ericsson K750i/W800i
Nexxus Mains Charger for Sony Ericsson K750i/W800i

1.0 out of 5 stars Didnt last very long, 12 July 2009
I think the box said something about energy efficiency but there were very little details and no instructions [not that instructions are really needed].

There is a green light on the charger, for what purpose I cannot understand.

One time when I tried to charge my phone I plugged it in and heard a pop which I think might have been a fuse exploding.

I may have just been one of the unlucky few but I noticed another customer here claimed their charger no longer works. In any case, it stopped working on me.