Profile for Samsam > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Pyrex Classic Non Stick Large Roaster, 35x26cm
Pyrex Classic Non Stick Large Roaster, 35x26cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Aug. 2013
Fantastic roasting tray, big and deep, perfect for roasting vegetables and other things, I have used it a fair few times now and it is also very easy to clean!

Great for when you have a few friends over, or to roast a lot and then store it for later.

Nikon COOLPIX P310 Compact Digital Camera - Black (16.1MP, 4.2x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, small and easily handled this camera is a great bit of kit., 27 Aug. 2013
The wife and me took it on honeymoon and it was perfect for capturing those special moments over dinners ect, it has a bit of a hefty price tag, but you do pay for what you get when it comes to cameras... unless your into lo-fi stuff, then you pay tons for stuff that was as cheap as chips 5 years ago... anyway, it is well worth the price!

Want something easy to use, easy to store and give great pictures? This is for you!

ProCook Flat Pack Dish Drainer Black
ProCook Flat Pack Dish Drainer Black
Offered by ProCook

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy!, 27 Aug. 2013
This is a fantastic drainer! Took me a while to find one just like this as I guess people are washing up by hand less and less.

Works a wonder and is a great size for 2 - 4 peoples worth of washing up!

The only two minor draw backs I can mention is the cutlery holder can slip to the left or right depending on which section you put cutlery in, so make sure you even it out. The second thing is all the water collects at the bottom and can take quite a while to dry, but I just empty mine at the end of the day and wipe it down!

A great buy for those who wash up the old fashion way, by hand :0)

Prototype: What Happens When You Discover You're More Like Jesus Than You Think?

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 8 Aug. 2013
This book really inspired me to re look at who I am in Christ and what my purpose is within His world and His Church.

It has stirred me to passionately live a life connected to God and to seek His perspective on me and the world I live in, rather than the worlds perspective which so often over whelks our minds.

A Storm of Swords, Part 2: Blood and Gold (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3)
A Storm of Swords, Part 2: Blood and Gold (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3)
by George R.R. Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars The pages turned so fast I feared they would catch fire!, 18 July 2013
It has taken me less than a week to read the 554 pages this book holds after I finished part one... I couldn't put it down, every twist and turn fresh and exciting as events came and passed quicker than I though imaginable!

You may hope and even dream of certain people dieing and others living, but George R.R. Martin has a habit of turning that on its head and giving you unthought of deaths at places you just truly did not see them coming, this changing the whole flow and direction of the story and giving it a breath of life, time and time again.

For a story is alway better with the ending unwritten.

You may have read the first book, thought things would go one way, read the second and realined your path for the sorry, you may have even read part one of this book and though part two would turn out this way or that... Stap yourself in because you will not see most of this coming!

A Storm of Swords: Part 1 Steel and Snow (Reissue) (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 3)
by George R.R. Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastically fluid read!, 11 July 2013
George R. R. Martin's 'A Storm of Swords 1: Steel and Snow' is a fantastically fluid read! Each chapter seeps into the one before perfectly as you, the reader, feel as though you have been transported into Westros and beyond, and are now standing alongside the characters you have come to know and love.

Martin has a unique style about him as you see the world all characters are within through vast glasses, most will admit they have a love for different characters, usually on differing sides and so you are not easily drawn to pick a side, king or queen, but rather spectate as the events unfold around you.

Every chapter holds a nugget of new information and nothing is placed in there just for the sake of it, Martin is far to cleaver for that and on second reading you begin to see subtle hints and one liners you may have thought irrelevant at the first reading - now all point forwards to a massive event that will take place soon, if you just keep reading.

This is a fantastic 'part one' to his third volume in the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series - I am about to start part two... Exciting!

Sheet Music: Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage
Sheet Music: Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage
by Kevin Leman

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheet Music is a fantastic book, 27 Jun. 2013
I get married on the 6th of July 2013; some of you will be reading this before then, others after.

Sheet Music is a fantastic book, with 9 days to go until I get married, this has refocused me on what true God honouring sex is and how my attitude towards my bride to be should be now, on the night of our wedding and there after.

We need to have sacrificial love in our hearts that flows from us so that we put our spouse first and ourselves last, only then will be truly happy and living in God's best for our lives and the lives of those around us. This works in all areas of life, but also in the bedroom. We need to love them, honour them, treat them and put our all into helping them enjoy each and every sexual encounter we have, then they will reciprocate that to us and both we will be fulfilled in our sex lives, but more importantly in our lives as a whole.

This is a great book, I read it in 24 hours and just couldn't put it down! Give it a read!

For your information: I asked top leaders from some of the best Churches across Europe and North America for their opinion on what is the top marriage book. After going through their answers the top ones mentioned time and time again are:

1, Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs
2, Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman
3, The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary Chapman
4, His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage by Willard F. Harley
5, Sacred Marriage: What If God Designed Marriage to Make Us Holy More Than to Make Us Happy? by Gary L. Thomas
6, Sheet Music: Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage by Kevin Leman (with this one I have been advised to only read it a couple of weeks before I get married!)

World Of Warcraft Battle Chest (PC/Mac)
World Of Warcraft Battle Chest (PC/Mac)

5.0 out of 5 stars Let me get one thing across to you right now... this game can take over your life!, 26 Jun. 2013
So, I have been playing WoW (World of Warcraft) for many years - I have a balance druid (explained soon) that I used to raid (end game content) with during Wrath of the Lich King (a few expansions ago) and have a fair few alts (other characters I play).

Let me get one thing across to you right now... this game can take over your life...

If you have an addictive personality then this game will consume you, don't play it! I got to that stage, spending more time on the game than I spent sleeping and eating for a section of my life when I was a student, it was a killer!

If you learn how to pace yourself, how to enjoy the experience and stick with ONE character then each expansion is a nice add on, allowing you to level to a higher point and then raid with friends, casually.

Ok different aspects to WoW.

You need to pick a server - I would recommend English Speaking PVP (player verses player) as it makes things more interesting, but you can go for PVE (player verses environment) which means the two factions can't kill each other, where as on PVP they can in certain areas.

You now need to pick a faction Alliance or Horde - traditional 'good' against traditional 'bad' - the choice is yours!

Now you need to pick a character - you will want to read bellow about this and Google some options that take your fancy!

Questing - you take on 'mission' aka 'quest' from NPC's (non playable characters) to kill or collect items or animals or people and then once complete you return to them and they give you in game money, experience and items relevant to the level of your character and the area you are questing in.

There are MANY different areas to quest in, most completely different to the one you were just in with lots of amazing landscapes, animals and quests to see, find and complete. When you start the game you are in a 'starting area' as you complete quests you move from area to area and discover new lands as you gain levels.

As you level up you begin to start being able to go into 'Dungeons' aka 'Instances' now these have harder enemies and as a team of 5 players you go in and work your way through the dungeon/instance till the end. There are better items for your char (character), money and experience. Within an instance you have a 'Tank' a character who takes all the attention of the things you are trying to kill, a 'Healer' who heals the tank and allies and then finally you have the 'DPS' (damage per second) who attack the things your killing fast, as the Tank takes there 'Argo' (attention) and the healer heals them and the DPS.

Now DPS break down further, ranged (you do damage from a distance) and Melee (you hit them close up) - My main (main character I play as) is a Balance Druid, so I do damage from a distance.

Now some classes are more versatile than others, for instance, Druids can be Tanks, Healers or DPS depending on what Talents you chose as you level up (this will be explained in game). Other classes likes Mages or Warlocks are purely DPS classes and can't ever tank or heal.

It would be worth doing some searches in Google of the different classes and seeing what takes your fancy! Some you won't be able to play as they require more recent expansion (listen bellow).

Finally when you reach the level cap (top level) which is 90 at the moment you will run JUST dungeons/instances and try to get the best gear for your character that is possible, when you have done this you then run 'Raids' which are MASSIVE dungeons/instances that drop the TOP gear in the game and make you the best and strongest character in your realm. There are updates about every 6 months releasing new Raids so there is always a new goal to reach.

Now there are TONS more things to know, but all of that you can and will find out about in the games, it is exciting and it is fun, but be warned it is addictive and people have ruined their lives playing this game!

This 'Battle Chest' will give you a month free game time (usually £8.99) and allow you to level up to level 80 - you will then need to buy World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Expansion Pack (PC/Mac DVD) which takes you to level 85 and then World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (PC DVD) which takes you to level 90 and is the latest expansion, a new one will be out in the next two years I would have thought.

If you don't want to put your card on the WoW website to refresh your subscription each month you can buy World of Warcraft 60 Day Pre-paid Game Card (PC/Mac) which can be nice and handy!

Finally, lots of people will try to hack your account by giving you false links in game that make you 're-sign' into the website, they do this to sell all your characters stuff, steal the Gold (in game money) and send it to their character, by the time you have logged a complaint with Blizzard (the company who run Wow) and they respond it is too late, you have lost everything. Just be careful.

Apart from that - Enjoy!

Hope all that information gives you a little bit of an idea of what WoW is all about and has wet your appetite to jump in game!

The Hidden Power of Prayer and Fasting
The Hidden Power of Prayer and Fasting

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, God centred, Biblically based and provoking!, 26 Jun. 2013
This is a fantastic book, full of insight and wisdom, but also reminds us of the power of God, what He can do through us, because of us and with us!

Reader do not fear, not all of us are called the ministry Mahesh is called to, but God still wants to work through you where you are at in life! The stories in this book are not to make you jealous, but rather to make you thirsty, for more of the living God!

Saga Volume 2
Saga Volume 2
by Brian K Vaughan

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you ready? Strapped in? Because things just got parental!, 25 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Saga Volume 2 (Paperback)
Volume one of this fantastic comic book series blew my mind! Fun characters, depth of story, dynamic twists and turns, cliff hanger/blizzar TBC, vibrant colours and a lot of 'lol' moments! Could they do it again?

Volume two (issues 7-12) lives up to it nicley! With as much energy and drive as volume one (issues 1-6), this is a fantastic continuation and lacks nothing, except maybe propeltion to the 'next level'.

But like so many graphic novels this one has not surpassed the first, though unlike most it has not lost anything and is still a fantastic read!

Saga is current, fun and many people are massive fans! Give it a go, start with volume one and enjoy volume two straight away, now that the wait is over!

Grab a cuppa, sit in that old arm chair and be transported into the world of Saga for another hour or two!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10