Profile for Zagoraview > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Blood From Stars
Blood From Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 2 July 2015
This review is from: Blood From Stars (Audio CD)
This is just sublime. Great for sitting back, large g&t in hand, dim the lights and drift away.

Bush
Bush
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 3 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Bush (Audio CD)
I think this is great, I think that this is his best work since doggystyle, the man of s back and in great voice and beats!

Big Choice
Big Choice
Offered by trec002

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 May 2015
This review is from: Big Choice (Audio CD)
This is simply one of the best alt country albums I have heard, I absolutely love this.
Rare to come by, I was lucky enough to hear this at a friend's 'Americana' themed musical evening that went on into the early hours.
Sit back, dream of crossing America on an eventful road trip and sip some Jack Daniels as you absorb yourself into this sublime music.
Just superb.

High Hat
High Hat

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Americana, 12 Mar. 2015
This review is from: High Hat (Audio CD)
I really love this album. Americana at its best. If you like alt country, you will love this. Highly recommended

Winter Farewell
Winter Farewell

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply wonderful, 11 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Winter Farewell (Audio CD)
This really is a superb, laid back album. If you are a fan of Sparklehorse, Decemberists, Jason Lytle and Grandaddy, you should thoroughly enjoy this too. Put it on, sit back with a glass or two and immerse yourself. Highly recommended

You Will Go to the Moon
You Will Go to the Moon

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly wonderful, 11 Mar. 2015
This review is from: You Will Go to the Moon (Audio CD)
This is a lovely laid back listen. If you are a fan of Sparklehorse, the Decenberists, Jason Lytle and Grandaddy, this really is a must have. Intelligent and mesmerising, sit back with a glass or two and enjoy! Highly recommended.

All We Are
All We Are

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendous, 7 Feb. 2015
This review is from: All We Are (Audio CD)
This is superb dreamy rock. Quite a debut, and I look forward to hearing future releases after such a confident debut. Along with Everything But The Girl, Hooverphonic, Couteau Twins this takes pride of place in my collection. Hear it to appreciate it.

Second Attention
Second Attention
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply wonderful, 31 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Second Attention (Audio CD)
Absolutely gorgeous music, this takes you on a great dreamy journey. Superb musicianship and voice. You simply must have this if you value quality music.

On Leaping From Airplanes (US Import)
On Leaping From Airplanes (US Import)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime......and more, 24 Nov. 2014
This is a lovely album, one to hear with your eyes closed and it takes you up and away. Quite incredible tunes, mellow and some with more punch. Don't let this one get away!

The Endless River
The Endless River
Offered by BelgraviaTrade

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic production and more...., 15 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Endless River (Audio CD)
I had read a great deal about this album and had not raised my hopes as I was never too keen on The Division Bell. However, even with all the negative reviews, I was pleasantly surprised. This has grown on me and I think it is well worth having. I have a fairly decent hifi set up (includes a thousand pound amplifier, same amount for speakers and eight hundred pounds CD player) and I can honestly say I have never heard anything as startlingly superb production wise. I have been in ecstasy listening to this.
Just as people bought Dark Side to show off their stereos in the early seventies, this is a great one to show off a decent modern hifi. Definitely not an album to listen to on portable devices. I think many people have not sat down, closed their eyes and listened to this properly. It is very rewarding.
As for Messrs. Gilmour and Mason 'boosting their pension pots', neither of them need to; Gilmour himself has stated that he has more money than he needs, hence his substantial contributions to homeless charities, for which I commend him. This is obviously intended as a tribute to Rick Wright and a treat for the fans.
I am glad they released this and it sits proudly at the end of my Floyd collection, much more so than their last before this. Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3