Profile for Mr. A. Normington > Reviews

Content by Mr. A. Normington

Mr. A. Normington (UK)

No Way Home: The terrifying story of life in a children's home and a little girl's struggle to survive
by Sue Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars No Way Home, 8 Oct. 2007
This book :No Way Home ; by Sue Martin is one of the few that has really touched my heart. The remarkable way Sue dealt with the heartache, abuse, and mental abuse to survive after so many years and still be recilliant strong and perhaps most important of all SANE is unbelievable.

I would like readers to appreciate that Sue as a true friend and neighbour of mine, actully relived this all again while writing her novel. I think this perhaps was worse than the first time and she shed a great many tears and heartache while trying desperatley to put all these horrendous events to paper.

We shared many bottles of wine sometimes late into the nights for her to complete this book.

She only had the book published because we her friends and family insisted she must send it to a publisher.

The most courageous thing is that Sue is one of the kindest people you could ever wish to meet and nothing at all is any problem if she could help you in any way.

For Sue to have emerged from this horror and still have a great compassion for all human beings, regardless of their race, religion, etc. is the most heart warming end to this book.

I think many many times if it had been me, would I be so forgiving, somehow I don't think so.

Well done Sue and I look forward to your next book, to see how you fared after leaving and where your life progressed later.

Thanks once again for the boozy nights.

Much love.