Profile for Pat Bournville School of Art > Reviews

Content by Pat Bournville...

Pat Bournville School of Art

Roberts R9962 12-Band World Radio-ideal for BBC World Service
Roberts R9962 12-Band World Radio-ideal for BBC World Service

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine for the price, 6 Jan. 2012
I am happy with my little Roberts radio. Brilliant to be able to get the World Service at the bottom of a mountain in Wales without spending hours twiddling knobs.

The batteries are easy to insert and last for weeks. It's great to be able to carry it off with me to another room without missing the vital point in a discussion (or the Archers!)

The sound is not first class but perfectly acceptable. Volume is fine.

The travel case is strong and easy to use.

The only irritation is the on/off button which is fiddly to use.

Worth the money. Would recommend, especially to World Service addicts.

iGadgitz White EVA Hard Case Cover for 2.5" USB Portable External Hard Drives (Case Internal Dimensions: 11.3cm x 8.3cm x 1.8cm)
Offered by iGadgitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for its purpose, 29 Oct. 2011
I am very happy with this. It was very reasonably priced. It's neat and well designed so that the external hard drive is easy to put in and take out. You don't have to detatch the lead as it will tuck neatly into the pocket opposite. It's light but rigid enough to afford good protection.

Western Digital My Passport Essential 500GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive - Artic White

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent product, 29 Oct. 2011
I am delighted with the My Passport external hard drive. It's well designed,easy to use and compact. Three weeks ago, my computer died but all my files were rescued on My Passport. It was very reasonably priced too.

Bento's Sketchbook
Bento's Sketchbook
by John Berger

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing but I deserved it!, 6 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Bento's Sketchbook (Hardcover)
I found John Berger's earlier books - especially Ways of Seeing - inspirational but this one is not.

I thought it looked a bit self-indulgent when I read its details on line but took the risk because I enjoy reading Berger.

It is, of course, well written but only slightly interesting.

It's a sleepy, anecdotal, summer reminiscence kind of book, so if you buy it, read it on the beach with an ice-cream.

Vitamin 3-D: New Perspectives in Sculpture and Installation
Vitamin 3-D: New Perspectives in Sculpture and Installation
by Adriano Pedrosa

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 6 Jun. 2011
I am delighted with this book: it's quite inspirational, sending you off on all kinds of trails and generating your own ideas.

The images are sharp and engaging. The text is interesting and informative.

It is an excellent resource for anyone interested in what is going on in 3D/sculpture NOW.