Profile for Shabra Dowson > Reviews

Content by Shabra Dowson

Shabra Dowson "Intelligent, usually kind and sometimes wise. Living in Worcestershire, England." (Malvern, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Portable Tape to PC Cassette-to-MP3 CD USB Converter Capture Digital Audio Music Player, USB Cassette Player and Tape-to-MP3 Converter
Offered by BW Corp

1.0 out of 5 stars Short Life Span, 9 Mar. 2016
The machine worked wonderfully for a couple of cassettes then no sound was produced at all.

Groomers Aquasorb Towel - Medium
Groomers Aquasorb Towel - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars My dog is drier!, 26 Feb. 2015
Works really well to absorb the moisture from my cocker spaniel after I've washed his feet. It has got a bit grubby even though I wash it through each time I use it. I'm pleased that it doesn't get smelly even though I'm keeping it damp.

Lucid Dreaming: A Beginner's Guide To Becoming Conscious In Your Dreams (Hay House Basics)
by Charlie Morley

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 26 Feb. 2015
I’m not entirely a newbie to lucid dreaming but Charlie Morley’s fresh guide left me feeling inspired all over again. I plan to carry this book around with me, show it to everyone I meet and recommend it to them. They will be able to dip into it and find some gem of wisdom like making a friend of your unconscious, the possibility of healing within a lucid dream or that the first step is to keep a dream diary. And their inspiration can add to my own!

Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Raspberry Pi, Linux Compatible; Classic Bluetooth, and Stereo Headset Compatible)
Offered by Plugable Technologies

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 17 Mar. 2014
The Bluetooth USB adaptor worked to communicate with my Plantronics headset when other adaptors failed. It was easy to set up and now sits on my desk with a pretty blue light. :-)

Self-Hypnosis: The Complete Guide to Better Health and Self-change
Self-Hypnosis: The Complete Guide to Better Health and Self-change
by Brian M. Alman

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 17 Mar. 2014
Just reading this book had a positive effect on me. The principles of positive self-hypnosis are modelled in the way the book is written. There are excellent scripts and I have modified one of them slightly and recorded it for my own use. (See Audacity for a free tool to help you do this). Reading this book and using the self-hypnosis script has enhanced my life.

Energetic Boundaries: How to Stay Protected and Connected in Work, Love, and Life
by Cyndi Dale

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant exercises to reclaim your space in the world, 17 Mar. 2014
This seems to be a book to dip into rather than to read cover to cover. There are some really good and effective exercises in here that have helped me strengthen my boundaries in a positive way. I have experienced a deep sense of healing. It's much easier to feel compassion rather than fear when my boundaries are stronger. I do disagree with some of Ms Dale's descriptions of how the universe is but that does not detract from the effectiveness of the exercises.

The Sex Diaries: Why Women Go Off Sex and Other Bedroom Battles
The Sex Diaries: Why Women Go Off Sex and Other Bedroom Battles

1.0 out of 5 stars Destroyed my relationship, 17 Mar. 2014
There's a whole other spectrum of people out there of whom Ms Arndt has no conception. There are valuable things in life besides sex. Lovemaking is about relatedness and not just gratification.

The Successful Presenter's Handbook: An essential guide to business presentations and public speaking
by Alan Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars A really valuable guide, 4 Sept. 2013
An excellent, clear analysis of how to prepare a first-rate presentation. I particularly like that Alan encourages us to distinguish between presenter notes, visual aids and a printed handout - they are too often one and the same. If I followed his advice, I am certain that I would deliver an outstanding presentation.

Charisma High Gloss 3 Shelf Bookcase in White - Color: White
Charisma High Gloss 3 Shelf Bookcase in White - Color: White

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good and works well, 30 Mar. 2013
The shelves are lacquered wood rather than metal, looking quite substantial. The sides of the shelves have bars meaning that you can fill a shelf with books if you wish. Straightforward to assemble and sturdy once together. Took me about 45 minutes per bookcase to put together. There are eight screws per shelf, a bit tiring on the wrists! Only downside is that you must not put hot mugs on the shelves. Oh and they are very well packaged so there's a lot of cardborad, polystyrene and polythene to dispose of. But I'm really pleased with the look.

Charisma High Gloss 5 Shelf Bookcase in White - Color: White