Profile for Andrea Porter > Reviews

Content by Andrea Porter

Andrea Porter (Maidstone)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Strangeways to Oldham (The Belchester Chronicles Book 1)
Strangeways to Oldham (The Belchester Chronicles Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars An amusing cosy mystery, 26 Jun. 2017
My first foray reading Andrea Frazer and this tale was amusingly quirky with very age old terminology used by Lady Amanda and Hugo which I found a tad irritating, but did not let it spoil the telling of this rather 'chummy' murder mystery being solved by these elderly sleuths and friends. Not strictly my type of read but made quite a nice change to my surprise, and may work my way through this series as light relief from my usual 'hard' murder mystery reads.

A Reformed Character (Pitkirtly Mysteries Book 3)
A Reformed Character (Pitkirtly Mysteries Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyable read, 24 Jun. 2017
Yet another great Pitkirtly Mystery by Cecilia Peartree and a great follow-on from her previous tales. I love these very amusingly told, gentle mysteries that have a bit of a bite, about the quirky elderly types sleuthing around the town, with my favourite character being Amaryllis, the retired spy whose steely demeanour hides a soft heart. A well recommended read.

VIABLE (Cody Doyle Book 1)
VIABLE (Cody Doyle Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars The first of a great series of books methinks!, 19 Jun. 2017
Downloaded this free first Cody Doyle book by R A Hakok and, though I found the medical research references through the book a bit difficult to grasp, I persevered, as realised it was all pertinent to this very gripping storyline which picked up pace towards the end. Now to move on to the next Cody Doyle tale to find out how he manages to cope with what life throws at him and, with his enhanced state, that should be interesting reading! A very enjoyable read so do give it a try!

Maniacal: A Detective Jade Monroe Crime Thriller Book 1
Maniacal: A Detective Jade Monroe Crime Thriller Book 1

3.0 out of 5 stars A thriller that keeps you guessing till the end!, 13 Jun. 2017
This was a free download and the storyline did keep me involved enough to continue reading till the killer was revealed right at the end. The style of writing was simplistic; too much detail in the frequent coffee making and drinking and doughnut buying and eating. All in all it is worth a read and guess most authors have their own unique style that you either love or tolerate! Not sure this captivated me enough to move on to the next Jade Monroe thriller but if the price is right, might just have another go. I have read worse free books (that I never finished), so would recommend giving this one a try ... what's to lose?!!

Ready Player One
Ready Player One

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready Player One - a gamers must read book!, 7 Jun. 2017
This review is from: Ready Player One (Kindle Edition)
My husband, who is a WoW gamer, bought and read this book on my Kindle, thoroughly enjoyed it, and recommended I read it too, as I'm very familiar with 'gaming', especially now, as it's being made into a film by Stephen Spielberg with Simon Pegg as Morrow! Well, it was a very different genre for me, but kept me interested throughout, though some of it was 'over my head' as not a true gamer, fortunately my husband was at hand to enlighten me and it did capture me enough to find out how our hero and his friends saved the day! So, a recommended read for those who enjoy gaming, but also enjoyable if you like reading futuristic si-fi tales and in a broken, bleak, dystopian society, OASIS is where I too would want to spend my life!

Tiny Treats: A Holiday Collection
Tiny Treats: A Holiday Collection

1.0 out of 5 stars Very, very short nonsensical stories and a waste of my time, sorry!, 28 May 2017
These very, very short stories are just NOT my style but downloaded as free so gave it a try. Only read a couple of these very short tales and then gave up in bewilderment at the puerile content. Not my type of read at all, but some might enjoy them I guess!!

Tiny Treats 2: a St. Patrick's Day Collection
Tiny Treats 2: a St. Patrick's Day Collection

Oh dear!!! These very, very short stories (about 4 pages each) are just NOT my style but downloaded as free so gave it a try. Only read up to the fourth very short tale and then gave up in bewilderment at the puerile content. Not my type of read at all, but some might enjoy them I guess!!

Death At The Zoo: A Culinary Cozy Mystery With A Delicious Recipe (A Murder In Milburn Book 5)

3.0 out of 5 stars Typical Cosy Mystery but enjoyable, 14 May 2017
Sometimes I like to change my reading material for a cosy read murder mystery, with this purchase being just the right thing after a string of gritty, hard-hitting, bloody deaths!! A light, enjoyable, quick and easy read.

The Crime Writer and other stories: Ten Tall Tales
The Crime Writer and other stories: Ten Tall Tales

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable short stories, 13 May 2017
Always enjoy Oliver Tidy's writing and this short story collection is no exception. As with most short story tales, some are enjoyed more than others, but this can be attributed to the reader's taste. Well worth a try!

1000 Yards - A John Milton Short Story (John Milton Series)
1000 Yards - A John Milton Short Story (John Milton Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought in error as already read this in a complitation volume of first three John Milton short stories!, 29 April 2017
Bought in error as this short tale already featured in a three book volume - John Milton's first three short stories. Really enjoy reading Mark Darson's books, so well recommended if you enjoy this type of story-telling.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17