Profile for Lorna > Reviews

Content by Lorna

Lorna "lorna1677"

Targus Groove X Polyester Backpack for Laptop - Blue
Targus Groove X Polyester Backpack for Laptop - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect compact bag with space for everything I need!, 22 Feb. 2017
I'm really pleased with this laptop bag, it's exactly what I'd been looking for. It's very compact but fits everything I need for work perfectly - my laptop (MacBook Air), charger, kindle, notebooks and folders, and even has an external pocket for my large water bottle which is very secure. The separate padded pocket inside is perfect for a kindle or tablet and there's even a pocket for cables and chargers.

It's light to carry and not at all bulky, making it perfect for my commute.

Mousetrapped: A Year and A Bit in Orlando, Florida
Mousetrapped: A Year and A Bit in Orlando, Florida

4.0 out of 5 stars A surprisingly compelling read!, 5 Jan. 2012
I bought this when I got my Kindle as I was looking for a light read, it looked like an interesting topic, and it was quite cheap. I wasn't expecting too much from it, but found myself gripped by Catherine's experiences in Florida. Having visited the US alot, and Florida once, a lot of things rang very true (e.g. people in some parts of the US being disbelieving, and worried about you, when you don't have a car).

For those expecting behind the scenes stories of Disney World itself, this book will not give you this, as she does not work in the park itself. However, it's a really compelling read, and a fun travel memoir. I'd recommend you read it anyway!

Are We Nearly There Yet?: A Family's 8,000-Mile Car Journey Around Britain
Are We Nearly There Yet?: A Family's 8,000-Mile Car Journey Around Britain

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely, funny story of real family life, 5 Jan. 2012
This book is more than a travel memoir, it provides lots of perceptive, and humorous, insights into real family life. Ben Hatch writes in a very warm and honest account of his family's life over a period of a few months, including happy, sad and stressful events. I'd highly recommend this book.