Profile for Chris Henley > Reviews

Content by Chris Henley

Chris Henley (Wiltshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Sabrent Premium 3-Port Aluminum Mini USB 3.0 Rotatable Hub [90°/180° Degree Rotatable] (HB-R3MC)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful little gadget, 18 Dec. 2016
As an ambassador for the Bloodhound SSC Project I often go in to schools to talk to children about the project. I usually use a Powerpoint presentation controlled by a wireless clicker. To use my memory stick and my clicker I need two USB ports, but with so many USB connected gadgets in schools these days, on many occasions only one has been available.

This gadget is the answer to my problem. It can hold my memory stick and my clicker receiver and only needs one USB port on the school's computer. It also looks very neat. So far, apart from testing it at home, I have only used it once and it did the job perfectly.

For providing multiple USB ports, I can thoroughly recommend this device.

Invision® Ultra Slim Tilt Swivel TV Wall Bracket Mount - For 24 - 55 Inch LED LCD Plasma & Curved Screens - Now Includes 1.8m HDMI Cable (HDTV-E)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent bracket for medium sized TVs, 20 July 2016
After much debate with my wife about whether we should buy a new flat screen TV, our old one began to die and so the decision was made for us. We then looked around for a folding wall bracket and found one in Curry's for around £50.00. We then searched the Internet and found this one. I liked the fact that there were many 5* reviews, but was a little concerned that some of the lower rated reviews mentioned how stiff the bracket was to fold. When it arrived I noticed how stiff the joint between the fixing bracket and the first arm was and wondered if we had made a mistake.

Then the TV arrived - a Sony forty-inch. After careful measuring, and ensuring that the bracket was the right way up to fold as we wanted, it was fixed to the wall. The wallplugs supplied fitted the holes in the wall tightly - I had to use a hammer to tap them in to place - and the bolts were a tight fit in the plugs. As there were only four bolts for the seven fixing holes, I used the two outer holes at the top of the bracket, the one in the middle and the centre one at the bottom.

When the TV was fitted to the bracket it could be moved to and fro easily and held itself in position. My initial concern over the stiffness of the joints was proved wrong. There was one one heart-stopping moment when I released the TV and it lurched forward a few degrees. This was because the bolts holding the tilt mechanism were not fully tightened. A few moments with a spanner soon put that right.

Although I had used the spirit level provided in the pack to ensure that the main arm was level, either my drilling had not been completely accurate, or our walls are not true - actually quite likely - as the TV was not level. The manufacturers are clearly aware that this might happen, as the front part of the bracket - the bit attached to the TV - can swivel through a few degrees each way to level the TV.

Our TV is now firmly affixed to the wall, is level and can be easily moved to and fro as required.

My only negative comment, but not enough to lose a star, is that there were no washers to fit the main wall bolts. If I ever need to buy another bracket I would not hesitate to buy this one again.

Tassimo Pod Holder  Holds 64 Pods on a ROTATING Base  Holds ALL Tassimo T-Discs on ALL LEVELS  FREE Built in Shaker  Unbeatable Quality Guaranteed Babavoom® T14
Tassimo Pod Holder Holds 64 Pods on a ROTATING Base Holds ALL Tassimo T-Discs on ALL LEVELS FREE Built in Shaker Unbeatable Quality Guaranteed Babavoom® T14
Offered by Babavoom

4.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 8 Feb. 2016
Our daughter gave us a Tassimo coffee maker for Christmas and we needed somewhere to store the pods. After much research, this one seemed to be the best. We are very pleased with it except for the occasional times when it lets two pods out, as noted by another reviewer. Also the cocoa shaker has holes that are too large. It spreads lumps over the top of the coffee instead of a light spray. We use a tea strainer to deliver the cocoa. However, we still like device and recommend it.

LED Lenser Headlight H7.2, 7297
LED Lenser Headlight H7.2, 7297

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent head lamp, 24 Dec. 2015
I bought an earlier model of head lamp from Lenser and was very pleased with it except for the fact that the beam could not be adjusted from wide to narrow. It would only dim and brighten. When I saw this model with its dimming and focussing functions, I decided to buy it to replace the earlier model. I am very pleased with it and thoroughly recommend it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent system., 29 Sept. 2015
An ideal under-sink waste system. Easy to fit and easy to use. And a reasonable price.

Garmin Nuvi 2597LM 5 inch Satellite Navigation with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates and Bluetooth

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent sat-nav, 1 Feb. 2015
My wife and I were planing a tour of France and wanted a sat-nav that contained Europe. This one has the whole of Europe in it so will cover all future plans for European tours. I particularly like the lane advice images and the pictures of junctions that are displayed on the right hand side of the screen as you approach a junction. I also like the fact that the menu can be customised so that personal POIs and coordinates, features that I use a lot, can be placed near the top of the menu for ease of use.

The only thing that I had trouble with was that after loading it with my many POIs, it would not navigate to them. A prolonged email conversation with Garmin failed to provide an answer except that I should return it for a replacement, which I did. The second one was no better. Eventually I worked out that this Nuvi, unlike my previous one, does not like folders or files of POIs that contain numbers in the name. I had numbered the folders in order of priority of use. Once I had renamed the folders with letter prefixes, all was well. I was very surprised that Garmin did not know this.

Another nice feature of this unit is that you can add custom voices to it using Garmin's Voice Studio program. We now travel with our ten-year-old granddaughter directing us.

CATHOLIC BIBLE: DOUAY RHEIMS VERSION, Verse It:All Books Edition (Searchable)
CATHOLIC BIBLE: DOUAY RHEIMS VERSION, Verse It:All Books Edition (Searchable)

2.0 out of 5 stars Better proofreading needed, 23 Jan. 2015
Good layout, but too many typing mistakes!

North American Birds
North American Birds

2.0 out of 5 stars Not easy to use, 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: North American Birds (App)
I bought this to assist with birdwatching during a forthcoming visit to the USA. I do like the identification game, but the application doesn't seem very good if trying to identify a bird, or to find a particular bird quickly. Perhaps a search option should be added. There are several birds that we saw on our last visit that I cannot find in this application.

Omron M2 Basic Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron M2 Basic Blood Pressure Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 9 Jun. 2014
After suffering a minor stroke I was advised to buy a blood pressure monitor. Searches at two local chemists produced a bewildering range of BPMs, then I found this one which is the little brother of the one used in the stroke clinic of my nearest major hospital. It's very easy to use and has a large, clear screen to display the results.

There are other BPMs that will retain past readings for several different people, but why pay for that when a real paper notebook or diary will keep all your records.

Recommended.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2014 7:12 AM BST

Convertor Pro
Convertor Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Just what I've been looking for., 30 April 2014
This review is from: Convertor Pro (App)
This is a brilliant converter. As someone who still thinks in feet and inches, and Farenheit, this will be invaluable for converting many different units to things I can understand. I particularly like the facility for swiping units to and fro across the display. I also like the ability to convert into two different units. I "bought" this as the free application of the day, but would have been very happy to pay for it if I had discovered it sooner. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7