Profile for Wilma Dearing > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Skechers Gowalk 3 Women's Walking Shoes, Blue (Blue/Nvlb), 5 UK
Skechers Gowalk 3 Women's Walking Shoes, Blue (Blue/Nvlb), 5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Foot, 4 May 2016
I have had a few pairs of Skechers in the past and frankly had given them up as "not for my feet". But having tried one of these Go Walk 3's on my left (dodgy) foot locally I decided to try and get them from Amazon (not because of money but because local store would only give me back a credit note if they were not be suitable). The shoes came quickly (3 days) and just as I had experienced in the shop very squishy under my arthritic metatarsal toe joint which is like (in most shoes) standing on a pebble!
I cannot feel my bony lump under foot in this left shoe which is AMAZING! I am so glad I tried them. I bought my usual size 5 (all my previous Skechers have been a 5 and fit ok) and although these are a generous 5 they are wide enough (about as wide as the "relaxed" range) and long enough not to crowd my left big toe but still stay on! I am very happy with them. It's the Goga matt and the pillars that make all the difference (I don't get on with the memory foam in soles seems a bit silly to me) but the memory foam in the back of the heel is a brilliant idea, it gives and cradles, I would have liked that a bit thicker! I bought the mid blue colour which is like denim and very nice. Well done Skechers at last I am one of the millions who love Skechers and I thank you from the bottom of my left foot! The right shoe is a bit baggy but that's a price I am willing to pay not to feel the pain under my foot when I walk. They are well made and foot comfort (I have come to realise) is priceless. I would love some with the fabric matching the soles so all shoe is the same colour (other than black).

God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
by Christopher Hitchens

5.0 out of 5 stars There is no god/gods, 5 Mar. 2016
I love any god books and have a few makes me feel I am not alone! As someone who has never even had the faintest inkling of "faith" (there are many religious people in my family and a few vicars) I am at a total loss as to why people still have the delusion that there is a god or gods. Hitch writes well as usual and explains it all very well. I wonder what he would have made of ISIS? I can imagine. He saw the beginnings of it and writes here about it here. A brilliant book but I doubt, sadly, that the people who should read it ever do and he is preaching only to the converted (!) like me who love to see our doubts confirmed in print by intelligent writers.

The Missionary Position: Mother Teresa in Theory and Practice
The Missionary Position: Mother Teresa in Theory and Practice
by Christopher Hitchens

5.0 out of 5 stars Not so saintly, 5 Mar. 2016
Anyone who has ever believed the old cow was "saintly" should read this book. Hitch is sadly missed by me, he was a brilliant writer and this is a good pry into the life of a fraud.

Unity Radcliffe Silent Sweep Wall Clock, White
Unity Radcliffe Silent Sweep Wall Clock, White

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't want the ticking as I have never liked the tick of a clock (some do) so this ..., 5 Mar. 2016
I have had this clock nearly a month and it has been working consistently and well since it was put up on the wall. I wanted a replacement for a ticking clock that had died after three years. I didn't want the ticking as I have never liked the tick of a clock (some do) so this fit the bill. The outer case (white in on mine) is metal and it has an easy hanging hook for a wall nail. It has a quality feel and so far has kept perfect time. I would recommend this clock. Mine is above the cooker in the kitchen (not ideal I know) but rarely gets hot or steamed as I have a air extracting system and window! It doesn't seem to be bothered! It is perfectly silent to my old ear!

White Ella Bistro Table
White Ella Bistro Table

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality table, I love it!, 23 Jun. 2015
This review is from: White Ella Bistro Table
I bought this for my terrace which is paved with paving slabs so pretty flat, it sits very steadily and doesn't seem to be in any danger of toppling. It has had a cat test even the lumpy 7kg cat could jump up on it with no visible unsteadiness so I am pleased as I have cats and chickens I didn't want (and it gets windy here) anything to light and flimsy that would fall over at the slightest disturbance.
It is relatively easy to put together but you will need a large head Philips screwdriver, a large flat head screwdriver and although a couple of (useless in my case) basic spanners are sent, 10 mm and 14 mm spanners or a socket set. Luckily I have an extensive tool kit so no probs for me there. It's a bit fiddly with all the washers and nuts and the instructions are (as with all these things these days) rubbish! I would like to see a better instruction leaflet. I have taken off a star as there are a couple of paint imperfections (not worth having it replaced) one on the side of the top so visible.
On the whole it is a fab table and I love it! The table comes with a little centre hole cap (for meal times) which is handy and a parasol adapter.

Aluma Wallet Credit Card Holder RFID Blocking - Blue Color
Aluma Wallet Credit Card Holder RFID Blocking - Blue Color
Offered by PANAAZ FASHION

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful little wallet; love it!, 28 May 2015
For the money paid for this product it is A+. I have used it about four times and it does the job very well. I had about 13 cards of all types in a pocket in my handbag and had to get them all out every time to see which was the one I wanted to use which was a bit chaotic as I was prone to nearly drop them everytime and they were all on view. Now, I just take out this little beauty and click it open and there they staring at me are just ready to be picked! I am very pleased with this product and it as yet not broken. I do think it needs to be handled with care as the inside card holders are a little delicate and can open. It being RFID is an added bonus. Lovely colour blue too.

4 pcs (1x4) E-Cron® Toothbrush heads. Philips Sonicare ProResults Replacement. Fully Compatible With The Following Philips Electric ToothBrush Models: DiamondClean, FlexCare, FlexCare Platinum, FlexCare(+), HealthyWhite, 2 Series, EasyClean and PowerUp.
Offered by E-Cron Europe

4.0 out of 5 stars Same but different!, 1 April 2015
I received these after nearly two weeks but they have come from abroad! They look like the branded brushes and the fit ok on my Philips Easyclean. I think the only thing obviously different is the tips of the bristles are not angled but flat now whether this makes a whole heap of difference in cleaning I have no idea. I would buy again, I think but would prefer to get the named ones if on sale at a reduced price (does happen some times on the high street!!). Considering the price they are very good, only four stars because of the bristle angle.

Strictly Professional 50ml Eyelash Tint Developer
Strictly Professional 50ml Eyelash Tint Developer
Offered by TNBL UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Seem to work, 23 Mar. 2015
This works with the dye but I don't think it is strong enough as the percentage should be higher for eyebrows. Doesn't sting badly.

Strictly Professional Eyelash & Eyebrow Tint Grey - 15ml
Strictly Professional Eyelash & Eyebrow Tint Grey - 15ml

4.0 out of 5 stars No sting but doesn't last long, 23 Mar. 2015
This works well and my eyes have not been stinging (although I haven't got it in my eye) and does dye grey but it does of course it is a light colour so I didn't expect much and was not disappointed there! The brows goes brown after about a week and it fades in about 10-20 days. That said it is easy to do and doesn't take long. I still use eyebrow pencil and mascara. I used to dye my eyelashes decades ago and it was a stingy highstreet brand and this is so much better than that.

Rieker 57061, Women's Loafers, Black (Schwarz/Schwarz/00), 5 UK (38 EU)
Rieker 57061, Women's Loafers, Black (Schwarz/Schwarz/00), 5 UK (38 EU)
Offered by Schuhfachmann

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely comfortable smart shoe, 22 Jan. 2015
I have been searching for a smart comfortable black shoe for years. I have a wide painful left foot with metatarsalgia and osteoarthritis so have had a struggle to find anything that isn't instantly uncomfortable. the only thing I have that is comfortable is orthotic slippers. I have bought shoes and sent them back, sold them on ebay, given them to charity and left them to rot! I have a few pairs of trainers that are just about wearable, but are trainers. So, finding these I was, of course "here we go again"! But they fit (hurrah), they are (considering my wide bigger left painful left foot) very comfortable. If you have normal slim feet, these will be a dream! I have a wide left foot (uk E) and they are just about ok but given the leather is thin and flexible I think they will "give" a little. There is a padded insole and the sizing is spot on. Buy a bigger size if you are a half size as I am a large 5 and my toe is close to the end of the shoe but it has a bit of room with thin sock. Very well made, and at this price a total bargain. Brilliant!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3