Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Tenn Mens Protean MTB/Downhill Cycling Shorts - Black/Multi - 3XL
Tenn Mens Protean MTB/Downhill Cycling Shorts - Black/Multi - 3XL
Offered by Tenn Outdoors

2.0 out of 5 stars Simply not the right size, 15 Aug. 2015
Very nice looking shorts but FAR too small. I'm only 34-36" but I had picked the biggest size and they were no good at all which was a real shame. As I said, they're very nice looking shorts and I would have been very happy to buy a pair but they may as well be for kids.

Time of Death (Tom Thorne Novels)
Time of Death (Tom Thorne Novels)
by Mark Billingham

5.0 out of 5 stars The butcher did it!, 27 May 2015
An exceptional story yet again from the masterful Mark Billingham. Thorne is again out of London and having to trot around another force's jurisdiction not getting in the way (or at least looking like he's trying not to get in the way) while still spending his "holiday" being a copper ("You lot never switch off, do you?")

I had a suspicion who the protagonist would turn out to be (and it turned out I was right) but there were still enough twists and red herrings to keep me wondering until the end. More importantly, the standard of writing continues to thrill and the story-telling is simply perfect. The prologue had the hairs on my arms rising and I knew I was in for a treat!

Billingham has taken ideas and advice from those who should know best - his sources on the beat - and kept Thorne moving to avoid the books becoming boring or predictable. The result is a story which continues the trend of fleshing out the characters even further and creating situations that make for great reading. The only down side is having to wait for the next Tom Thorne book... maybe I'll start the series again.

Spider man Design 2 Helmet (Small)
Spider man Design 2 Helmet (Small)

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for Joseph Merrick, 19 April 2015
The helmet itself seems to be very sturdy and the Spiderman design is brilliant. I'm sure my 6 year old would have absolutely loved it had it not been ridiculously huge! God knows how L Mweene managed to get it to fit her 3 year old's head "perfectly" unless she's given birth to an elephant(!) I tried it out on his 8 yr old brother first and it was too big on him - loosening the straps I can get the damn thing to fit ME, a 40 year old man! If this is a child's helmet and this is the seller's idea of "small" then something is very wrong. I'd love to see their next size up!

Put bluntly, a great product but very wrongly advertised. Earns 2 stars for design and quality but loses 3 for the reasons above.

Wide Open Music
Wide Open Music
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A great mix of old and new(er) stuff, 2 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Wide Open Music (Audio CD)
As a long time fan of The Waltons, a previously unheard-of band who just happened to be the support act for a favourite band of mine in the 90s, I've been obsessively collecting Jason's solo albums since I realised he was still working. This one doesn't disappoint at all, with some great versions of his newer songs as well as a few Waltons favourites. The sleeve notes make interesting reading too, explaining how he came to write certain songs, his collaborations with Ed Robertson and other Canadian musicians etc. All in all, something I've listened to a lot already and something I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Good As Dead (Tom Thorne Novels)
Good As Dead (Tom Thorne Novels)
by Mark Billingham

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Thorne yet!, 19 Sept. 2012
That may only be my opinion, but I value my own opinion lol. I've been reading the Thorne books since the very start and, after what felt like a slight lull, he's back with a bang! Good As Dead is right up there with the best of them. Mark Billingham has always been a great story teller and with this book he has the perfect characters and plot to keep you up long past your bedtime! Highly recommended.

Disney Pixar Cars 2 - Double Decker Bus Carry Case
Disney Pixar Cars 2 - Double Decker Bus Carry Case

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 19 Sept. 2012
As long as you don't expect a kids' toy to last for years without any damage, you should find this more than adequate. I bought it as a gift and the kids LOVE it. They also love putting other toys inside it, which after all is what it's made for. We weren't put off by the fact that certain models of toy car are too big or too small, the kids don't seem to care. It's had plenty of time being played with and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars A worthy follow up, 17 Aug. 2012
This review is from: 1234 (Audio CD)
I was a big fan of Kula Shaker all those years ago and, like other reviewers, bought this album on the strength of Mills's involvement. Now The Jeevas aren't Kula Shaker (and this album isn't 'K') but that's neither a good nor a bad thing. The style is different enough to distinguish The Jeevas as a separate band but similar enough to make sure Kula Shaker fans will almost definitely enjoy this too. 'Once Upon A Time In America' and 'Ghost (Cowboys In The Movies)' are stand-out tracks and I would also urge you to find a copy of 2003's Cowboys And Indians for a decent version of 'Have You Ever Seen The Rain?'. I wish Mills would get back in the studio but, while we wait, this is a good addition to his catalogue.

Sleep (Acoustic)
Sleep (Acoustic)

5.0 out of 5 stars Expected Excellence, 19 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Sleep (Acoustic) (MP3 Download)
'Sleep' is one of the best songs on the album and this acoustic version is fantastic. Meiko has a beautiful voice and this song is perfectly suited to her vocals. I highly recommend the album (where virtually EVERY song would be worth the price on its own) and for anyone who thinks the original is good, I highly recommend this stripped down alternate version.

21st Century Breakdown (Limited Edition)
21st Century Breakdown (Limited Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Blows American Idiot away, 4 Dec. 2010
I know American Idiot is considered an epic by the majority of people, and I'm not going to argue with that. But for me, 21st Century Breakdown is the best thing that Green Day have ever produced. Countless attention grabbing tracks like Peacemaker, 21 Guns, Know Your Enemy, Viva Gloria! (Little Girl) (different from the earlier version) and the title track itself. I could go on, but risk listing every song on the album. And even after those heavy numbers, there's the lighter, melodic and lyrical beauty of Last Night On Earth. Every song (and therefore the story) is held together by the ones on either side and at the end, even after 70 minutes of intensity, you're ready to just let it start again.

The Deluxe Edition is very cool in its "hardback book" style. My single complaint would be that the "deluxe" edition should contain both CDs, but for less than £6 this is much better value than the standard jewel case CD, which costs the same or more in a certain 3-letter music store.

If you're a Green Day fan then you most likely already own this. If not, get it now! You won't be disappointed.

Bang The Drum A Little Louder
Bang The Drum A Little Louder

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy to bang the Adams drum, 4 Dec. 2010
Having listened to Bare Bones several times since it was released, it's great to revisit the back catalogue, including some songs that haven't been played for ages and overall I'm very impressed with the stripped down, live sound. This song has been stuck to the end of my playlist and always cranks things up a bit for the final 5 minutes. And I'm pretty impressed. After a few excursions into unexplored territory (Soundtrack albums, foreign language albums, dance/techno/house remixes for B-sides) this is Bryan Adams back doing what he does best... and a little louder. Thanks for the freebie Amazon :)

Page: 1 | 2