Profile for H. May > Reviews

Content by H. May

H. May (Wales, UK)

Alb-gold Organic Kids Safari Pasta 300 g (Pack of 9)
Alb-gold Organic Kids Safari Pasta 300 g (Pack of 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic kids pasta, 5 Jan. 2012
Amazon sells everything! I bought a pack of this somewhere on holiday and it's fantastic, animal shapes hold really well and my normally pasta hating 3 year old (I know very unusual) loves it - it's the only pasta he'll eat. Not sure I need 9 packs and it's a shame you can't by a mix of the 3 designs, but having found it again I'm not complaining!

Animal Playground
Animal Playground

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bouncy music, 29 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Animal Playground (Audio CD)
This is our second Putamayo kids CD and my two boys (3 & 1) absolutely adore it and it doesn't drive me crazy when it gets stuck in my head like wheels on the bus etc. My older boy knows all the words and even attempts to sing along to Old MacDonald in Italian - which is sung at breakneck speed. Our favourite is Don't Ever Step on a Snake which has us all in giggles and No more monkeys and animal crackers and... My only complaint with Putamayo is that I wish they'd print the full lyrics in the booklet - I'm forever being asked what they're saying...

On here to buy another copy for a friend and lots more Putamayo cds

The Siblings' Busy Book
The Siblings' Busy Book
by Heather Kempskie

4.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas despite the americanisms, 12 Aug. 2011
I bought the Toddlers Busy Book some time ago and was a bit disappointed. Too much emphasis on craft and making things like jigsaw puzzles and shape sorters which tries the patience of any toddler and mum and they can be bought cheaply in any charity shop not to mention supermarkets! So bit doubtful when I saw this one in our library but thought I'd get it out as I know have two children. It's much better, less craft ideas, some ideas are pretty straight forward but sometimes just what you need. Shame a UK edition hasn't be released as I stuggle to decipher graham crackers, contact or construction paper and many other items - though I'm sure my guesses aren't far off! Buying my own copy now as need to return book to the library.

101 Children's Songs and Nursery Rhymes
101 Children's Songs and Nursery Rhymes
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and it shows, 24 Nov. 2008
At this price, I didn't expect too much. But this is a little odd. It's got a great range of songs, but some of them stop half way through so they no longer make sense. e.g Tommy Thumb - finishes after ruby ring (poor baby small is lost) and others are very short. Some also have very odd tunes - although the variety can be good. The shortness and speed at which the songs change from one to another makes it hard to sing along (which is what I'm after in a nursery rhyme cd) - I'll have to spend a little more next time. Actually I recommend woolworths value cds for good value nursery rhyme cds!

Sleepytime Lullabies: A Mix of Traditional and Modern Cradle Songs Specifically Designed to put Babies and Infants to Sleep

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, but not miraculous for all babies, 24 Nov. 2008
I couldn't help getting my hopes up when I read all the rave reviews, that my six month old might find this CD so soperific he'd not wake me up so much in the night, but instead he listens for a bit then rolls over and smiles - 'no I'm not going to sleep mum'. However I like it so I don't feel too hard done by. It can be useful to time how long I'm feeding him for (ie I'll stop at the end of this song etc). Mind you Skye Boat Song is completely stuck in my head - could be worse!