Profile for J. Wright > Reviews

Content by J. Wright

J. Wright "Jason" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
4 x Gardman Metal Border Hooks 1.5m
4 x Gardman Metal Border Hooks 1.5m
Offered by Garden Selections

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use, 15 Aug. 2016
Easy to use hooks. I use them for my hurricane lamps to keep the mozzies away. Works like a charm.

They are strong and sturdy, just make sure you push them far enough into the ground

Bird Brand Clear Lamp Oil - 1 Litre
Bird Brand Clear Lamp Oil - 1 Litre
Offered by Transtools

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 15 Aug. 2016
Used for my hurricane lamps. Easy to pour give a good steady flame, although can smoke if the wick is turned up too high but I think that happens to most citronella oils.

Great product, will be buying more

Ancillary Sword (Imperial Radch Book 2)
Ancillary Sword (Imperial Radch Book 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as the first, 19 Feb. 2015
Continuing on from Ancillary Justice this book starts with so much promise but just seems to rumble on without much really happening. I love the universe it is set in with a kind of Dune-esque quality and you learn a lot more about the Radch and their customs but I did come away from this book feeling empty. If you've read the first book and enjoyed it then I would still recommend this one but don't expect a huge ending.

Ancillary Justice (Imperial Radch Book 1)
Ancillary Justice (Imperial Radch Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars slow start but builds to a great finale, 10 Feb. 2015
Ok so when I first started this book I thought I had made a terrible mistake. I couldn't get my head around the language used. How everyone in Radch space was female but gendered in different languages. It made tricky reading at first. Then it clicked and it all started to make sense. For some reason this reminded me of the Dune series and there are parallels to be drawn. This is a great tale of the distant future and very intelligently written.

My advice to anyone who gets disheartened in the first few pages is to stick with it, it's well worth it.

Who Built the Moon?
Who Built the Moon?

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting read, 15 Jan. 2015
This is an interesting book. There are certainly a large number of questions raised and I wonder with future missions to the moon planned if we'll get to the bottom of it.

The book starts well but there are a couple of errors in the data which of course can bring into question other datasets.

For me where things go awry is the second half of the book. This is where a lot of speculation and unsubstantiated claims creep in. To the authors their conclusions are obvious but I felt that by the end it was all conjecture and supposition.

However I do think there is something in this and it is certainly a good read.

Huawei WS320 Wi-Fi Repeater Mini Wifi amplifier Range Extender - UK 3-pin Plug
Huawei WS320 Wi-Fi Repeater Mini Wifi amplifier Range Extender - UK 3-pin Plug
Offered by You Want One

1.0 out of 5 stars Keeps dropping out, 7 Feb. 2014
Configured this via my iphone as per another reviewer's suggestion and it worked like a treat - for about a day!
I need to switch it off and on regularly for it to pick up the wi-fi signal. Bit of a hassle as I would have expected it to simply stay connected.

If you buy this be prepared to reset it on a regular basis.

The Twelve (Passage Trilogy 2)
The Twelve (Passage Trilogy 2)
by Justin Cronin

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the Passage, 7 Feb. 2014
This is a great sequel to the fantastic The Passage. The book has great descriptions and I love apocalyptic backdrop to the events. However a number of reviewers have criticized this book because it's not like the passage and seems to drag on. I would say that Justin Cronin has had to move things on and he can't simply rewrite The Passage.

The Twelve brings to the fore some sideline characters from the previous novel and opens up a more sympathetic view of the virals. Yes, some scenes are perhaps overly long and sometimes things slow down a bit too much but come on you can't have pacey action all the time.

Looking forward to the next installment and I have to say these books would make an amazing film or game franchise.

Stagg Classic Linden Guitar - Natural Basswood
Stagg Classic Linden Guitar - Natural Basswood

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 1st time guitar, 7 Feb. 2014
Bought this for my 10 year old daughter for Christmas and she loves it. The notes are clear and have a rich mellow tone, the only criticism is that there is not stud to fix a strap but other than that great product.

Hal Leonard Guitar Method  Guitar For Kids Gtr Book/Cd (Hal Leonard Guitar Method (Songbooks))
Hal Leonard Guitar Method Guitar For Kids Gtr Book/Cd (Hal Leonard Guitar Method (Songbooks))
by VARIOUS

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant starter book, 7 Feb. 2014
Bought this for my 10 year old daughter who is just learning guitar and she has really taken to it.It is set out well and very clearly and the tracks on the CD are really clear.

One minor issue is that the tuning notes are all on one track which means you have to keep skipping back to get the tuning right. I would have preferred each note on its own track but a small issue with such a great book.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 7 Feb. 2014
This is a great little case for my daughter's nexus 7. The keyboard is a little small for my fingers and you have to be careful when typing, but then it is a small keyboard so I guess you should expect that. However the keyboard is responsive enough and much better than using the screen keyboard especially for longer work.

The only criticism and it is a really minor issue is that the flap at the front can get in the way so you have to fold it back. As I say a minor issue on a really great product.

Page: 1 | 2