Profile for Si > Reviews

The Welfare Trait: How State Benefits Affect Personality
The Welfare Trait: How State Benefits Affect Personality
by Adam Perkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Logic 1 - lefties 0, 4 April 2016
At last we have some facts to back up what most have us have known for decades. This book is well written and serves at the very least to begin a sensible discussion that the left have refused to allow. One of the reviewers near the bottom actually compared Dr Perkins reviews of empirical research to that of Hitler's actions against Jewish people, WTF! If a system can have such an impact on society then it needs to be scrutinised exhaustively. If that system is then found to affect the long term prosperity of a country, then it needs to be changed. The left won't be happy until we're all living in poverty. They can carry on burying their heads in the sand but the system is unsustainable and perpetuating erosive conditioning. Well done Dr Perkins for a coherent and thought provoking book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2016 2:16 PM BST

The Egg Cookbook: The Creative Farm-to-Table Guide to Cooking Fresh Eggs
The Egg Cookbook: The Creative Farm-to-Table Guide to Cooking Fresh Eggs
by Healdsburg Press

3.0 out of 5 stars No pictures, Grrr, 10 Feb. 2016
I'm not a good cook and I'm very lazy in the kitchen. I make decisions based on how it looks and so I was gutted to see that this book has no pictures.

Tommy Robinson Enemy of the State
Tommy Robinson Enemy of the State
by Tommy Robinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Eye Opener, 9 Feb. 2016
I knew nothing of Tommy or the EDL prior to reading this book. After the cologne incident I started looking around and saw a debate he gave at the Oxford Union. I liked what i heard so i decided to give his book a go. I think he's done a good job. A very easy read but not lacking in substance. A little bit choppy in places but it had me both laughing and in shock. This was a real eye opener, and I never knew how much of a problem we face. Ultimately, the premise of the book is that until we admit that we have a problem we wont begin to fix the problems. Namely, the police force and political system. Hopefully before its too late.

Fury [Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free]
Fury [Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt

1.0 out of 5 stars utter tripe, 9 Mar. 2015
Terrible acting, terrible plot. Brad Pitt is awful in this, and none of the other characters really stood out. The dire script was topped off with an ending that would only be believable if the well trained SS troops suddenly became inept, blind, suicidal and clueless.

Hardcastle 125kg 780mm Non Slip Folding Trestle Stands
Hardcastle 125kg 780mm Non Slip Folding Trestle Stands
Offered by SDE Online

3.0 out of 5 stars stuck together, 21 Aug. 2014
I will at some point review this product. In the meantime can anyone tell me how to separate them out of the box? They come stuck together and can't figure out how to unlock them. Any help much appreciated.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2015 1:14 PM BST

Alpine Mountaineering: Essential Knowledge for Budding Alpinists
Alpine Mountaineering: Essential Knowledge for Budding Alpinists
by Bruce Goodlad

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 3 Sept. 2012
This is a great introduction to Alpine Mountaineering. All aspects of mountaineering are covered in a clear and concise manner that is accessible to those wishing to progress from basic trekking. A guidebook is also provided at the end that suggests areas in the Alps in which to practice your new skills. Obviously this book is to be backed up with proper training but it provides a solid platform for the reader to develop the skills necessary for Alpine climbing. I loved reading this book.

Muscle Myths: 50 Health & Fitness Mistakes You Didn't Know You Were Making  Making
Muscle Myths: 50 Health & Fitness Mistakes You Didn't Know You Were Making Making
by Michael Matthews

1.0 out of 5 stars You will learn nothing from this book, 21 Aug. 2012
There is a severe lack of information in this book. You can tell when books only use one side of the page that you're not going to learn much. I can only assume that the previous reviewers are friends of the author. You will learn nothing from this book that you don't already know.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 20, 2013 4:33 PM GMT

Chronicle: Extended Edition (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Chronicle: Extended Edition (Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Michael B. Jordan
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Damn those hand-held films, 6 Jun. 2012
I didn't have a problem with the film as such, but I just can't stand the hand-held method of filming. I lose patience with it very quickly and am always aware that I am watching a film......... a strange thing to say I know. I see it a cop-out by directors whose only motivation is to cut costs and boost profits without ever having to break a creative sweat. I wouldn't have bought it if I had known. The film would have been so much better had it been shot more traditionally. This style of filming (IMO) stunts creativity.

Hama Star 62 Tripod with Carry Case
Hama Star 62 Tripod with Carry Case
Offered by Carmarthen Cameras

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 May 2012
I was not expecting it to be as good as it was for only £16.59. Normally you get what you pay for, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of it. Well built, light and practical. Good item.

Aargee Wooden Incense Box Carved
Aargee Wooden Incense Box Carved

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 3 Dec. 2011
Very bad product. After using it twice, the hinges broke and the lid split. Don't waste your time or money!